Sponsored

Which one is the mall crawler? Outer Banks?

Which trim is the mall crawler?

• Total voters

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That’s pretty good. I went a little further.
image.jpg
Teeeechnically the 1st edition has the Wildtrak exterior, somehow?

But I'm 100% here for Badsquatch.

But anyway, yeah. In my mind, "People who have been to the Outer Banks" and, "People who outfit their Jeeps in a flashy/luxury fashion and never offroad them" are the same group.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Outer banks....seems to be the most "street" trim

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the lineup is like this ?? In Jp terms

Base = Base (Sport Wrangler)
Big Bend = Sport S
Black Diamond =Sport S with upgrades
Outer Banks = Sahara
Bad Lands = Rubicon
Wild Trak = Mojave
Launch Edition = overpriced Jp

Right?

I reserved the Badlands - but if I think about it - not sure I want a rubicon type. I am thinking maybe an Outbanks and would like to option to go to 35's if I change my mind in a few years. 33" on the Badlands stock may be perfect for me - but have no need fo the steel bash plates and all of the offroad stuff. I think I may even do a Big Bend with Sasquatch - so many options...

My primary use is to have a utility type vehicle like this - roof rack is a must - so that means hardtop I guess. 33" tires min., but if 32" or small looks good I will be happy with that. LIke a Gwagen with small tires - still looks offroad and is capable but does not have to flaunt shiny (meaning unused) 35" inch tires. Nothing gets under my skin more than seeing a Jp with huge shiny tires, shiny winch and lights - mall crawler.
Exactly what I was thinking. I was really stoked about a potential Wrangler Mojave after it came out with the Gladiator, and now it looks like we'll get the Bronco version. I love the idea of a desert runner vice a rock crawler

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t get what the Outerbanks trim is suppose to represent about the outer banks.

outerbanks trims should be 16” rims with 35” non-aggressive tires. Flotation is extremely important for driving the Outerbanks sand getting back and forth to the houses only accessible driving alongside the beach.

It’s like making the Moab package 24” rims and low pro tires.

Sponsored

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i made a computer generated image and overall better model to show the relations between the trim levels-
levelofbronco.png
Alright I think yours is the best. Would’ve been nice if Ford could’ve made us a flowchart like this, or just eliminated half of these trims.

Personally I’d eliminate the Badlands and just make the sway bar disco part of the squatch package.

LonestarBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i made a computer generated image and overall better model to show the relations between the trim levels-
levelofbronco.png
Honestly after revisiting the spec sheet this version may be more accurate. OB & WT are standard cloth seats and mid package. BD & BL are equipped standard vinyl, washdown, locking diffs and bash plates.

With OB Vs BD you trade premium lights, running boards, auto trans, aluminum rims, painted handles & fenders for Locking rear diff, HD bumper, bash plates, extra GOAT mode, painted steelies, vinyl seats and rock rails

schase

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I love the idea of Badsquatch but I really don't think that's the best car for someone living in LA... Might have to keep FE or go the mall crawler route...

Sponsored

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the idea of Badsquatch but I really don't think that's the best car for someone living in LA... Might have to keep FE or go the mall crawler route...
FE includes the badsquatch running gear anyway. Only difference is the badsquatch interior would be more beach friendly.

schase

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FE includes the badsquatch running gear anyway. Only difference is the badsquatch interior would be more beach friendly.
Good point! What do you all think is the ultimate beach bum/surfer/cruiser package? I go off-roading occasionally, but won't be my main focus.

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Really need Ford to get the Build & Price up on Ford.com. I’m thinking a Big Bend and adding heated seats and remote start but I need to know how much it will cost to add those things.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good point! What do you all think is the ultimate beach bum/surfer/cruiser package? I go off-roading occasionally, but won't be my main focus.
Black diamond or Badlands for the vinyl interior. Badlands if you need the sway bar disconnect. Squatch if you want big tires.

Speedknitter

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GL350, Volvo V70R, Ford F450, Unimog
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be a true OuterBanks it would need adjustable tire pressure on the fly for driving on sand in the far north of Corolla/Carova beaches. I was hoping for that but alas it is not to be ?
Sponsored