First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Our Bronco was introduced to the mud and trails today! We are working on a video of the adventure but in the meantime we wanted to share a couple of pictures. We will share the video in this first post, hopefully tomorrow.

The Outer Banks did great on the Florida trails!

IMG_20210807_212513_01.jpg
Love that Wheel you swapped. What is the wheel and tire combo? anxiously awaiting my own OBX 2.7 in Cactus Grey!
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I'll be damned. One of Florida's mythical trails. Guess all you boys down there ain't posers and New Yorkers, huh? :ROFLMAO:

that's some good swamp dirt you got and great work getting her clean. Did you use a pressure washer and some super foaming soap or lots of elbow grease?

Can't wait to see your video.
I actually did a combo of all 3 methods. I first spent a solid hour rinsing with the pressure washer, then once all visible dirt was removed I soaked with with foam and allowed the foam almost completely drip off hoping it would carry away any remaining dirt and sand. I then rinsed it once more with the pressure washer and finally finished with a wash mit.

Once washed I ran over everything with a spray wax from Chemical Guys.

I want to ceramic coat it but am afraid to since our garage is not climate controlled and we are super humid this time of year. Maybe this winter we will try a paint correction and ceramic coating to make future clean ups easier.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love that Wheel you swapped. What is the wheel and tire combo? anxiously awaiting my own OBX 2.7 in Cactus Grey!
Thanks! We went with 17x9 RTR tech 6 in +30 offset. We went with 315/70r17 tires.

Also added the 4wp leveling kit with new crash bars.

IMG_20210807_180704.jpg

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually did a combo of all 3 methods. I first spent a solid hour rinsing with the pressure washer, then once all visible dirt was removed I soaked with with foam and allowed the foam almost completely drip off hoping it would carry away any remaining dirt and sand. I then rinsed it once more with the pressure washer and finally finished with a wash mit.

Once washed I ran over everything with a spray wax from Chemical Guys.

I want to ceramic coat it but am afraid to since our garage is not climate controlled and we are super humid this time of year. Maybe this winter we will try a paint correction and ceramic coating to make future clean ups easier.
That's awesome. I am still debating applying ceramic when mine finally comes in.

Normally do a full paint correction on all of our new rides, but with Bronco, not sure I will. I'll wheel it and it's the first time in a long time that I'm getting a vehicle that's not black (area 51).

Love Chemical Guys stuff. I use their Honeydew foaming soap and their Citrus for stripping paint. My normal shampoo is Adams and I use Adams Quick Detailer.

Sonax Polymer Net Shield is my synthetic wax of choice. Looking at a couple different ceramic coatings, but there are several good ones so who knows which way I'll go.

Always good to meet on here another good DIY detailer. :)
Sponsored