Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've been checking around with local dealers to see if I will switch be for the Oct 31 (or Jan 31) deadline. Some dealers have said yes they would accept X Plan, others have been wish washy, One responded that Ford is not making the Bronco X Plan eligible. Here is part of my email exchange:

Dealer: .... But, I just talked to my GM and he said Ford is not offering X plan for the Bronco. We are charging MSRP for all of our Bronco builds.

Me: Good info, thanks. I'm getting conflicting info on X Plan, I'll have to figure that out before I switch
Thanks

Dealer: What info would that be? That you can get x plan?

Me: Some tweets from Mike Levine (Ford Marketing) and dealer comments on some Bronco Forums. Consensus is since Bronco is a regular production vehicle (not specialty, like a GT 350 or Mach) that Bronco will be X Plan eligible.

Dealer: Our GM is on the regional board of directors and he told me Ford is 100% not honoring X plan.

So, what's the straight scoop? Granger?
Sponsored

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, what's the straight scoop? Granger?
Ford has not made an official communication statement about if the Bronco will be under the X Plan or not. Best to sign up for their communication and wait for them to release any information.

If you call their marketing department you get one representative say it will be under the X Plan or it won’t be under the X Plan.

If you call multiple dealers they’ll say almost the same thing “Only if Ford offers the X Plan.” It’s just best to wait rather than jump to assumptions.

Ford Bronco Will Bronco be X Plan eligible 1602803019823

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's it? We only have 3 threads on this matter? Somebody is slipping

Edit: Check that, 4 including this one.

But if you type it in the Search bar, 25 pages with 20 hits (500!) on each page come up. ?

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealers to us: If Ford makes xplan available we will offer it!

Dealers to Ford: You better not make xplan available
Ford to Dealers: Shut the Eff up and offer X-plan...or you will be at the bottom of the allocation list for every new release until 2030.

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, why would they need to? Sorry X-planners
I know there are many ways to be eligible for X-plan but I am a DAV member. So, just speaking just for myself as combat veteran with a VA-rated disability with ZERO car industry experience, I would think it would be very, very poor form to tell the DAV membership "Sorry, even though we've said DAV members are entitled to X-plan you just can't get a new popular car...but we still appreciate you. Thank you for your service ."

Edit: DAV X-Plan does not extend to Raptor and top shelf Mustangs among a couple others (I think). If Bronco was a low volume, high-end offering like the Raptor and Shelby mustang, I can see the restriction then. No problem with that. The Bronco, on the other hand, while the cool sexy new thing, is a mass production vehicle. And we'll see if the Warthog is X-plan eligible in a couple of years.

That's a PR hill I think Ford should not die on. My $0.02.

Last edited:

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just talking to my buddy at Ford who actually help with the Bronco design. He's letting me use his X plan for when I pick mine. He stated that they are encourage to reach out and get people to want to buy this car by offering X plans to friends and family.

I'm calling BS on the dealer. This isn't a one off or a limited run its just a relaunch of an old brand.
Sponsored