Sponsored

Will my misplaced Bronco find its way to the dealership?

Dad23Fords

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Short version...the CSX automated phone line says the rail car carrying my Bronco unloaded at Alliance (TX) on 3/7 (Monday). As of today, Ford's records say my Bronco was unloaded on 3/7 in Portland (OR).

I believe the railroad. Besides, there is no reason my Bronco would go to Portland on its way from Detroit to North Texas. Unfortunately, my dealer contact believes its in Portland.

The Alliance location is 9 miles from me, so I went to investigate. Turns out these places aren't exactly visitor-friendly.

My question is this...will my Bronco be timely delivered to the dealer automatically, even if the dealer doesn't know its at the railroad storage facility? Or, will it just wait there until somebody claims it?
Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you call customer service at Ford to find out the location of your Bronco? What tipped you off to investigate?

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
One of the common YouTubers had their bronco on a train but it never made it to the dealer because of a paperwork problem that had the rail company sending the vehicle back to MAP. They were able to catch it stuck on the way back and get the paperwork corrected such that it eventually got delivered. So it can get lost.

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I thought CSX is east of the Mississippi and Union Pacific is west. Mine is coming in also and I think it's on Pacific Union. This is CSX routes.
Ford Bronco Will my misplaced Bronco find its way to the dealership? 1646867904292
Ford Bronco Will my misplaced Bronco find its way to the dealership? 1646868125253

OP
OP

Dad23Fords

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you call customer service at Ford to find out the location of your Bronco? What tipped you off to investigate?
I was tipped off when I emailed my dealer contact this morning to see if I might be able to pick it up today. She let me know it was in Portland. I then contacted Ford customer service, who also said it is in Portland. It ain't in Portland.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dad23Fords

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought CSX is east of the Mississippi and Union Pacific is west. Mine is coming in also and I think it's on Pacific Union. This is CSX routes.
Ford Bronco Will my misplaced Bronco find its way to the dealership? 1646868125253
it originated on CSX, so they track the rail car the whole way.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My bronco spent the last week going from Detroit to Louisville to Cincinnati to Chicago. It needs to get to Denver. I don’t have a lot of faith in Ford or supply chains right now. I’m just trying to keep my eye on the prize.

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

it originated on CSX, so they track the rail car the whole way.
Thanks, nice to know. I hope mine isn't going to Portland. I'll contact dealership tomorrow.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was tipped off when I emailed my dealer contact this morning to see if I might be able to pick it up today. She let me know it was in Portland. I then contacted Ford customer service, who also said it is in Portland. It ain't in Portland.
If it is at Alliance I have heard that the average time it sits at the rail yard is about two weeks.

OP
OP

Dad23Fords

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, nice to know. I hope mine isn't going to Portland. I'll contact dealership tomorrow.
Ford knew where my Bronco was as recently as last Friday. Sometime between then and now the location got mixed up in their system.

The railroad has a vested interest in knowing where their rail car is. You can check the rail automated phone info line. The numbers are in one of the sticky threads.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alliance is a BNSF facility, so your Bronco traveled via BNSF.

If you give me the rail car #, I can verify where it unloaded.

Truck labor is so tight, it’s taking forever to get cars off the ramp in some areas. Many dealers have resulted to doing “gate releases” where they go pick it up themselves instead of waiting. Many won’t do that though because their liability will start when they pick it up instead of when it arrives on their property.

Texasg05

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Kong ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kos anyway you can track csx TTGX942319?

vin 1Fmee5dp9nla90021 ?

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kos anyway you can track csx TTGX942319?

vin 1Fmee5dp9nla90021 ?
It's currently in San Antonio. Scheduled to go to the Kirby Auto Ramp tomorrow. Probably unloaded tomorrow or Friday.

Texasg05

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Kong ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks i appreciate it.

OP
OP

Dad23Fords

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alliance is a BNSF facility, so your Bronco traveled via BNSF.

If you give me the rail car #, I can verify where it unloaded.

Truck labor is so tight, it’s taking forever to get cars off the ramp in some areas. Many dealers have resulted to doing “gate releases” where they go pick it up themselves instead of waiting. Many won’t do that though because their liability will start when they pick it up instead of when it arrives on their property.
Thanks, the rail car is SP516643.
Sponsored