Sponsored

Will you tune your 2.3?

Will you be tuning your 2.3? (engine software from Ford or aftermarket)

• Total voters

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Preparing my flame suit, but:
I’ve never understood the passion to turn a truck into a muscle car. Need a sports car?....get a sports car.
6E33721A-7070-421E-BFCB-CF679F773DC6.jpeg
Would you not like your Defender if it had an extra 100 hp and torque?

Its not going to be a “muscle car” but it will get places a little faster, accelerate more quickly and generally just be more fun.
Sponsored

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably not since 93 octane is not common everywhere I go. 91 might as well be 89 ;) which is only 2 away from 87:alien:

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you not like your Defender if it had an extra 100 hp and torque?

Its not going to be a “muscle car” but it will get places a little faster, accelerate more quickly and generally just be more fun.
Nah.....it is what it is.
Not in a hurry to get anywhere faster, or accelerate quicker in the Defender.....does just great on the trails and keeps up fine on the Interstates......can’t imagine it being any more fun.
Really what I don’t get is all the good ole boys trying to race their jacked up trucks on the roads, just a nuisance....making noise.
To each his own, I guess.....just don’t get it.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me it's less about the warranty and more about cost, but with some preference to OEM parts. Since I likely won't have the extra money to tune right away, that will be done later on down the road. If my warranty is already up at that point, who knows. If I am able to save up before my warranty is up, probably would get a Ford tune. I like when things all work together and look like they belong and have the same logos and styling.

On the other hand, I'm not sure my driving style or off-roadness really needs more giddyup, the stock 2.3 is plenty for me probably. But coolness factor, +10points for tuners lol. In the end, I'm not sure if I'll get one or not, depends if there are other accessories that look for fun to me at the time that I'm looking to spend more money.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably not since 93 octane is not common everywhere I go. 91 might as well be 89 ;) which is only 2 away from 87:alien:
"By September" might as well include Sept 31, which is only a day away from October... lol sorry, couldn't help but think of the whole B&P timeline fiasco as I read your comment. By September doesnt include October, and 87 octane is not the same as 91 octane lol. I should also mention that I have no idea what different octane levels accomplish and how that all works, just thought your sarcastic logic was funny and resembled Mike Levine's comments on Twitter lol.

Sponsored

Bronco Cash

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What would the Ford 2.3 tune likely cost. Or for reference what did it cost in the Ranger?

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What would the Ford 2.3 tune likely cost. Or for reference what did it cost in the Ranger?
The FPT for the Ranger retails for $825 and then you have to have a certified mechanic do the instal to retain the warranty. IIRC that's around $180.00? This tune requires premium all the time so just be aware of this too with gas prices rising.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"By September" might as well include Sept 31, which is only a day away from October... lol sorry, couldn't help but think of the whole B&P timeline fiasco as I read your comment. By September doesnt include October, and 87 octane is not the same as 91 octane lol. I should also mention that I have no idea what different octane levels accomplish and how that all works, just thought your sarcastic logic was funny and resembled Mike Levine's comments on Twitter lol.
"30 days hath September..."

It's literally the first one!!!

On topic: There are a lot of reasons why CA doesn't have 93 and they're all stupid.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aftermarket, cause I plan to go fbo and doubt the Ford tune would acknowledge the extra parts

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First gonna address the weaklinks, then stick with Ford's tune for the duration of the warranty, and then aftermarket

Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I aleady have a plan to tune the 2.3. You can get it directly from the factory for like 1800 bucks. If you go to the build and price, you just select the optional 2.7L V6 and you’re done.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, I aleady have a plan to tune the 2.3. You can get it directly from the factory for like 1800 bucks. If you go to the build and price, you just select the optional 2.7L V6 and you’re done.
And another 1600 for the transmission. Some of us like to row our own gears and are working with what they are giving us.

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, but I WILL tune my 2.7...