Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, but it would if it was mounted inside the bumper. IC is mounted lower. Assuming this is why it’s not mounted inside the bumper. No reason for it to be outside otherwise.
Thanks. I'm trying to picture this in my head, with that bash plate, air getting to the intercooler...
Sponsored

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you seen anything that says for sure what if any cameras and sensors are impacted by the winch? I can not seem to find a definitive answer to the question.
As other have said, IIRC, when "Ford" was first asked because it seemed like it would be a problem..their answer was "I dunno...never checked". A short while later when they were asked again their answer was "We are working on a solution" (So I guessed they checked?)

But to think of all this engineering and design and even winch bumpers... you mean to tell me that nobody ever questions what happens if you put a big chunk of metal right in between the camera and the ground? I call BS and think they were hoping nobody Noticed!

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think we can be fairly certain that from winch to spare tire, mirror to mirror, roof to tire, everything on this vehicle has caused someone some kind of grief...

Chattanooga

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M5 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know the aftermarket will solve the problem, but sure was looking forward to rolling off the lot ready to go.
I ordered the Ford bumper and Warn option knowing that it will be delivered with the winch wired up nice and warrantied. Later, If the Ford winch bumper isn't working out for me... the winch is there, the wiring is there... Just a bumper swap.

Yeah, if I swap out the winch bumper later it will be costing a couple $$s, but, I will be... "rolling off the lot ready to go"!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the Ford bumper and Warn option knowing that it will be delivered with the winch wired up nice and warrantied. Later, If the Ford winch bumper isn't working out for me... the winch is there, the wiring is there... Just a bumper swap.

Yeah, if I swap out the winch bumper later it will be costing a couple $$s, but, I will be... "rolling off the lot ready to go"!!
A bumper swap and relocating of all the front facing sensors and all the reprogramming of those sensors

Cliff

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any thoughts on mounting the winch in the back (where the jack is stored). There is an access panel in the rear deck. Not sure if the muffler would be in the way or if you can anchor the winch to the frame. Could also weld-up a custom hitch/pully so you can run the winch cable under the vehicle to winch forward.

NOTE: Here is a picture of what I was thinking - This is (of course) the "Badland" winch from Harbor Fright :)

Ford Bronco Winch Afterthought? Screen-Shot-2020-08-12-at-9.43.45-PM

Last edited:

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Any thoughts on mounting the winch in the back (where the jack is stored). There is an access panel in the rear deck. Not sure if the muffler would be in the way or if you can anchor the winch to the frame. Could also weld-up a custom hitch/pully so you can run the winch cable under the vehicle to winch forward.

NOTE: Here is a picture of what I was thinking - This is (of course) the "Badland" winch from Harbor Fright :)

Ford Bronco Winch Afterthought? Screen-Shot-2020-08-12-at-9.43.45-PM
That's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if you'd want the tailgate hanging open while you're winching yourself out of a stuck. Would probably be better to just get one that mounts to the hitch?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else disappointed in the lack of imagination for the winch integration?

I know the aftermarket will solve the problem, but sure was looking forward to rolling off the lot ready to go.
I expect anything offered from the factory to be a "meh" option. Better than nothing if you're not well versed, but likely to be replaced if you actually expect to use it.

Just like the wheels and bumpers, custom or aftermarket will be better.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I LOVE the way the factory winch setup looks. Def adding it.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the front camera more than the winch (chances that I'll need one of those anytime soon are pretty much zero) but down the road I think I'll have a hitch receiver mounted in the front and put the winch on a mounting plate with what ever that thing is called that goes into the hitch on it, so if need be I can have it front or back.
I like the cool look of a winch, but like the camera more and don't really want all that weight hanging around if I need it maybe once a year. I won't be crawling crazy rocks with this expensive rig for a long time. Winch will be in the garage for my daily driving.

Now if somebody comes up with a bumper/winch mount trick that does not block the camera I'll probably reconsider. If the price is right.

monkeysdad

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone think or have information about a front camera relocation kit? Looking at the 4WP video if you have their bumper and add a winch like they have in the video you will block the camera. Hopefully someone will come up with a solution.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I've been bitching about this for a while. Apparently the engineers tried and failed to come up with an in-bumper solution.

I get it; they wanted a low-profile bumper. Unfortunately they sacrificed function for form. They should've straight-up copied Jeep in this regard.
Function should always trump form! lol
Sponsored