North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is that not the upper section of the modular bumper? Note the Allen screws.

Not that it may matter much, looks like winch is low and aft of said bumper piece...
Agreed, it does look like the upper section of the standard modular bumper, but for that to work it looks like you have to be sitting on taller tires and suspension as that is the custom 4600 Race Bronco, a different beast. Nevertheless, there have been rumors of 4WP or Ford Performance working on a hidden bumper winch but I'm not sure if it is anything more than just rumors, we have to wait and see what the aftermarket can come up with.

Ford Performance Debuts Bronco 4600 Race Trucks
Sponsored

Reactions: Jdc

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The warn winch is just a ford branded Zeon winch correct? Why couldn't we just relocate the solenoid using the relocation kit?
Ford Bronco Winch solutions 1622600168100
That 'should' at least 4more inches of clearance so that the camera wouldn't be covered. Am I wrong?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The warn winch is just a ford branded Zeon winch correct? Why couldn't we just relocate the solenoid using the relocation kit?
1622600168100.png
That 'should' at least 4more inches of clearance so that the camera wouldn't be covered. Am I wrong?
Moving the control pack was the Bronco brand manager's suggestion. But it would still block the camera a little.

Not sure why "move the control pack" became "not compatible with a camera"

Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Moving the control pack was the Bronco brand manager's suggestion. But it would still block the camera a little.
A little I could deal with... :) Still hoping for a hidden winch solution to show up in the AM.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I had a chance to get a pic of what it looks like behind the skid plate.

Looks like the oil cooler is bolted to the front crossmember, right were I would think they would bolt up a hidden winch mount. This could be why we have heard crickets about it. It's gonna take some relocation to get it done.

20210604_180416.jpg

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is a crazy thought.

Could the camera be relocated on top of the winch solenoid?
It would require extending the wires but you could zip tie them down the winch wiring. It's a solid location and would not change the geometry of camera view by much.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a crazy thought.

Could the camera be relocated on top of the winch solenoid?
It would require extending the wires but you could zip tie them down the winch wiring. It's a solid location and would not change the geometry of camera view by much.
Probably not... relocating the camera most likely requires for the front camera to be mounted at the same height as on the grill due to how it is programmed and "stitched" together with the other camera views... placing the camera forward from original location may throw off the programmed depth. I do not think relocating the front camera is the answer to this issue.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

and that is so low.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably not... relocating the camera most likely requires for the front camera to be mounted at the same height as on the grill due to how it is programmed and "stitched" together with the other camera views... placing the camera forward from original location may throw off the programmed depth. I do not think relocating the front camera is the answer to this issue.
It may introduce artifacts on the edges/seams of the 360 view but I think moving the camera should not be ruled out. It's possible that a bar going over the winch with a integrated camera or camera mount for relocation could minimize issues while providing a clear view ahead.

But looking at this design... moving the solenoid and changing the bar design, would probably solve the problem without moving the camera.

Ford Bronco Winch solutions 1623188287639

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It may introduce artifacts on the edges/seams of the 360 view but I think moving the camera should not be ruled out. It's possible that a bar going over the winch with a integrated camera or camera mount for relocation could minimize issues while providing a clear view ahead.

But looking at this design... moving the solenoid and changing the bar design, would probably solve the problem without moving the camera.

Ford Bronco Winch solutions 1623188287639
I'm not saying relocating the front camera should be ruled out, but I very much doubt this approach will work or function properly... unless someone can find another vehicle with a similar feature-set where the OEM cameras were relocated and the camera views were retained.

Relocating the solenoid may be the best solution for costumers with the 360 option, but there are still a few other things to take into account... such as front parking sensors and ACC operation.

These are all questions I would like a definitive answer to, but just in case I added the winch/winch plate accesory to my order as a DIO. This is one of those times when additional technology can pose a problem in other areas...

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dodge have been integrating a winch in the Power Wagon for years you would think Ford would be able to figure this out. BTW the newer Power Wagons have all the tech that the Bronco has including a camera they call surround view camera so maybe not a 360 camera but close.
Ford Bronco Winch solutions 1623246997908

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a question, I never even contemplated the Ford Factory winch solution because I already have a winch.

I also didn't really want the modular bumper because I want to keep my fog lights.

So my question is....

1) can the winch shelf be purchased on its own?

2) does it mount to the frame or does it mount to the bumper? Meaning, could it be mounted to the non-modular, standard bumper.

When there was that short period where Ford had a capable bumper on the website, that I actually was going to get because it seemed like a hybrid between the two.
Sponsored