Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Windshield angle and you can't do much about it. I was a good 12 car lengths back in the right lane from the car in the left and no other traffic on the double divided. He flipped a pebble and snap. Less than 500 miles on day 10 of ownership. Fixed 3 days later (filled in). I know it's going to happen again, doesn't matter how safe you try to drive.
Sponsored

SeldomSeen

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
google
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
FWIW, my insurance company (USAA) covers chips fully. So as soon as I get a rock, and as long as it's smaller than a quarter, I take it in. Save on the $250 deductible and time hassle.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is oem replacement glass available in lieu of aftermarket/safelite etc? Bet it’s expensive and only partially covered by insurance?

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
just called for a price. $650 in the Boston area.... not many dealers... actually they're the only one in a 5hr radius.
I went with a DIY install kit. Much more reasonable in price. Grab-gard.com was where I bought it.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got a chip last night. Thought I’d be quick and fill it today. Took the resin fine, but when removing the tool, it ran. So frustrating.
when I had my first one last fall, did the exact same thing.

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is oem replacement glass available in lieu of aftermarket/safelite etc? Bet it’s expensive and only partially covered by insurance?
At least earlier this year, it’s all OEM. I heard someone saying aftermarket glass was starting to come available

Reactions: 0ne

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does it hold up to the wipers?
Got my first chip today. 1500 miles. Since I actually saw the rock before it hit I have to say I think it would have chipped any windshield. Did a do it yourself repair kit, hopefully it holds...

On the plus side I also cleaned off the dried/baked on bug guts left over from my road trip home from granger. I had tried rinsing but they had to be scrubbed off.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got my first chip today. 1500 miles. Since I actually saw the rock before it hit I have to say I think it would have chipped any windshield. Did a do it yourself repair kit, hopefully it holds...

On the plus side I also cleaned off the dried/baked on bug guts left over from my road trip home from granger. I had tried rinsing but they had to be scrubbed off.
Been using a new bug remover foam from TurtleWax that works great.

My chip was "fixed" by safelite at no charge. But it is below the wiper so can't comment on its wear resistance. Can still see it though, not as invisible as I was led to believe by commercials.

Lexan windshield film in 3'x6' sheets runs $150 or less and certainly is a half case install (2 persons 6 beers)

You can also buy the multi kayer film just like Nascar uses, need to clean the windshield of bugs, peel off just top of 6?

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you guys complaining about windshields don’t already have comprehensive coverage insurance you might want to kick the tires on getting it.

I’ve had two chips in 6mo of ownership. Both times, safelite came to my house to fix the chip. Took a total of 10 min to fix each time. Total out of pocket money: $0.

A new windshield would have a $100 deductible. Repairs are free. Best to catch these things early, and have good insurance.

Sponsored

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

no issues at all, yet. It will have to be replaced in time, due to the rocks chipping away at it. I have 5-6 spots where it was impacted and no chips or cracks, yet.

Reactions: jxc

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn’t matter if you don’t see a pit. If a rock ever hits the windshield, take it immediately to the glass company to get glued.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
My kit from grab-gard.com is holding up great to my wipers. Since it's a self installed kit, it was a lot cheaper than what I was quoted for exoshield.

Reactions: jxc

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, I feel your pain... Windshield replacement insurance is a must! Mine a small chip so just going to have a repair.

Looked into the PPF windshield film. For me, dont think it's worth it vs my insurance. IMO....

16658842452452811912079737368662.jpg

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jeep offers Corning Gorilla Glass windshields from the factory for a small premium. Ford should have as well. Hopefully an option becomes available soon. I've heard the Safelite replacements are worse than factory.
Stay away from Safelite.... their glass (THAT THEY MFG.) is absolutely crap....
The optical clarity does not come close to nearly all auto MFGS... At least it doesn't with Toyota
I know this for a fact from my own experience.

Also,
Ask the BMW owner who died because the structual integrity on their windshield installation, where the glass popped out and the owner dies in a roll over....

Because Safelite MFG's their own cheap glass.... typical Car insurance companies will always find a way to cut cost.... because of this, Safelite has a monopoly and they know it....Regrettably all the mom and pop glass companies will eventually be run out of business.

A company from China opened a MFG's in the US... They have been using union busting policies on their employees and are complete pricks....see "The Fuyao factory was the subject of a 2019 Netflix documentary, “American Factory.”

This is the Glass Safelite uses!!!!

AGAIN STAY AWAY FROM SAFELITE!!!!:poop:(worse glass on the planet)
As far as I know, safelite is still using OEM glass on Broncos. I’ve had mine replaced once so far and immediately got a chip in the replacement windshield. Took them two weeks to get it, and I don’t think they got the camera recalibration just right. I paid the $250 comprehensive deductible, but if I remember correctly, the invoice showed the replacement cost at just under $1200.
Sponsored

Reactions: 0ne