KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
anyone check Forscan to see if we can disable Speed Sensitive Wipers. I understand that we should not have to do this, as it should be Fords responsibility but for some it could be a simple fix. I haven't driven in any consistent heavy rain yet.
As in speed of vehicle? That has nothing to do with it, I was driving 80 mph when it started to come down and still had the issue of it going from a faster intermittent to a slow intermittent wiper. Yet when I ask the dealer, they say never heard of any issues.
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve never actually driven a vehicle that had functional rain sensing. My past three cars have had the feature, but none of them actually worked. Even the full time intermittent setting doesn’t work. It’s been either off, high, or higher. Otherwise I’ve had to flick the wiper bar as needed in drizzle. I just want a wiper that has 3 or 4 speed settings I can choose from.
Our '17 Civic was awful, hated the rain sensing wipers in that car. Was relieved to find out the Bronco had just regular ole' intermittent wipers. So far so good!

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As in speed of vehicle? That has nothing to do with it, I was driving 80 mph when it started to come down and still had the issue of it going from a faster intermittent to a slow intermittent wiper. Yet when I ask the dealer, they say never heard of any issues.
Yes I understand that theoretically it may not have anything to do with it, but it's still maybe a programming issue related to the function.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I understand that theoretically it may not have anything to do with it, but it's still maybe a programming issue related to the function.
It’s not. Only the intermittent settings have speed sensitivity. The low and high, which is where this issue exists, are not affected by vehicle speed. Not at all in the programming of those modes

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may not be intelligent enough for this to be a problem for me. I drove around all day yesterday in the pouring rain and my wipers performed as I expected. But then again, they are lightyears better than my 20 year old tundra I have been driving for a while.....

Sponsored

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s not. Only the intermittent settings have speed sensitivity. The low and high, which is where this issue exists, are not affected by vehicle speed. Not at all in the programming of those modes
Have you disabled speed sensitive wipers in forscan?

OP
OP
Miket5r

Miket5r

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CRV. 2013 Triumph Speed Triple
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

100% it is a program issue. Nothing mechanical is wrong.

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
100% it is a program issue. Nothing mechanical is wrong.
Yes, I fully understand that. But I have not experienced this issue due to the fact that I haven't driven in pouring rain since I've had my truck. If I do experience it, I will disable speed sensitive wipers feature, and report back.

OP
OP
Miket5r

Miket5r

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone else have a wiper control issue where at fast speeds the wipers start to slow down and seem to go intermittent. It almost impossible to see at times. You have to monkey around with it to keep them going.

UPDATE 2/20/22. Due to the large number of similar issues with wiper controls among Bronco owners in this forum. Please report to your local governing body before someone seriously gets hurt.

For Canadians:

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/PCDB-BDPP/fc-cp.aspx?lang=eng

For Americans:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/press-release...urages-you-report-your-vehicles-safety-issues
Update.

So after repeated trips to dealership, calling Ford Canada, Transport Canada coming to investigate and all the shaming of Ford on the B6G forum it seams that what has been the most effective has been the Shaming on B6G. Ford Canada has been emailing me personally, talking to my dealership. Claiming to having engineering looking at the issue and telling me engineers will be contacting me shortly by phone to discuss.

good to see some real traction to a resolution!

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Transport Canada Inspector came to look at mine on the 16th. We spent over an hour testing and he took video of it all. Hopefully something gets resolved quickly. It is dangerous and annoying. Still have not heard a peep from Ford.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Transport Canada Inspector came to look at mine on the 16th. We spent over an hour testing and he took video of it all. Hopefully something gets resolved quickly. It is dangerous and annoying. Still have not heard a peep from Ford.
That’s nice. How do we get NHTSA to look at this and the 2.7L dropped valve safety issues? Complaints online aren’t working.

OP
OP
Miket5r

Miket5r

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JK9K

Big Bend
First Name
Jessop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend, Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On the continuous wipe settings mine start slowing down after about 20-30 seconds, then around 15-20 seconds later they go to a very slow intermittent wipe. 400 miles on mine, and today was the first time driving in any significant precipitation where I used the wipers for more than 1-2 wipes. It was heavy snow/sleet/rain on my commute, going 30-50mph on the highway. Not a great situation to have to mess with the wipers twice a minute to keep them going.
Sponsored