Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

my issue is it’s coverage area. I have an iPhone 13 pro (so not a SMALL phone by any means, only thing bigger is the Pro Max) but after a few minutes of regular driving or turns, the phone moves a little bit and breaks it’s wireless charging connectivity. What a poor charger.

This is why you need MagSafe compatible charger and why Ford should implement MagSafe and Fast Charging. With MagSafe, your phone will align to the charger and stay in place for optimal charge. If you can go one farther and add a fast charging power adapter, you'd get a higher power charge to better keep up with wireless CarPlay

https://www.amazon.com/HATALKIN-Mag...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Sponsored

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, if anyone dabbles in REMOVING the garbage wireless charger from the Lux package, please share. I don’t have the space beneath to tuck an aftermarket one because it’s taken up by the factory one. Would be interested in a swap.

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Wireless charging pad DIY install hack 9E4C5A37-A227-4951-B102-D0CA683F5CFD
Ford Bronco Wireless charging pad DIY install hack F7C2FBB1-D787-41A0-AF64-9763B1949CE7

Doesn’t work with mine. But I’m sure I can fine something I can 3M in Place behind the shifter.

OP
OP
Rosanna

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rosanna

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder how long until people do write ups on putting in the factory wireless charger. Should bolt right in (there’s a blank cover plate in place on vehicles not equipped) just would take some wiring knowledge.
There is a pretty good chance the connector is already on the harness, it might only take buying the kit and finding the connector to plug it in.

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Scosche made a universal kit to add wireless charging to cars, came with a bezel plate. I wonder if it would be easy enough to get it to drop in just right in that block off plate seen in the second picture. Better than spending $320 for buying the OEM one and then having to pin out the power for it.
Great idea. Looks like I may need to cut it to fit. Do you know if that block off plate is removable? Looks to be exactly the same as the auto transmission configuration. Has anyone taken that off?

OP
OP
Rosanna

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I did another mod today put silver vinyl over bronco letters in grill. It’s not perfect but not bad either.
Ford Bronco Wireless charging pad DIY install hack 0E81EEF1-2040-4F95-9F10-2B5B846B772C

after
Ford Bronco Wireless charging pad DIY install hack 955AFB3A-481F-4B08-A573-CA75E9F30AE1

Before

Last edited:

Sponsored

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scosche made a universal kit to add wireless charging to cars, came with a bezel plate. I wonder if it would be easy enough to get it to drop in just right in that block off plate seen in the second picture. Better than spending $320 for buying the OEM one and then having to pin out the power for it.

Is this the one?
https://amzn.to/3F6wNMv
Ford Bronco Wireless charging pad DIY install hack Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 16.58.23 PM
Can someone measure the dimensions in their Bronco to see if this would fit decently?Dimensions are: 2.24 x 4 x 8.63 inches

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really like this. I prefer something more permanent then plugging in a charger. Did you need to disassemble the front console or just pop off that access panel? I'm looking at your wiring, but I don't see it....how did you wire it in?
Sponsored