EcoJuice22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone have a bulletin on how to fix the wobbly window glass.

I've had my Bronco at the dealer twice and they keep telling me " it's just how it is". I'm tired of being disappointed and I'm looking to try and fix this myself. I regret buying this thing. Everything about it is just starting to feel cheap .

Is ford just not giving a damn about quality control or Is my dealer afraid to get their hands dirty? S
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you adjusted the window tracks yet?

OP
OP

EcoJuice22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Kodiakisland,
I've taken off the door skins and looked for any obvious problems but I haven't messed with the window tracks.

Could it possibly be something loose rather than something needing adjustment? Adjustments can lead to bigger problems and maybe that's why the dealer just keeps avoiding looking at it.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kodiakisland,
I've taken off the door skins and looked for any obvious problems but I haven't messed with the window tracks.

Could it possibly be something loose rather than something needing adjustment? Adjustments can lead to bigger problems and maybe that's why the dealer just keeps avoiding looking at it.

Adjusting the tracks is an easy thing to do to see if it helps. Just remove the two rubber grommets on the bottom of the door. Loosen the 10mm nut, and push the studs to the outside of the door, which should push the window into the rubber seal more. My window was not sealing well and this fixed it. It may or may not help with the wobbling, but is an easy thing to try.

I would do this with the window rolled down.

Deleted member 32220

Adjusting the tracks is an easy thing to do to see if it helps. Just remove the two rubber grommets on the bottom of the door. Loosen the 10mm nut, and push the studs to the outside of the door, which should push the window into the rubber seal more. My window was not sealing well and this fixed it. It may or may not help with the wobbling, but is an easy thing to try.

I would do this with the window rolled down.
My driver window was just whistling Dixie on the highway when the wind would gust X-wind. I believe there is a TSB and an adjustment process. If I push out in the back corner of the glass at speed gently, she whistles away.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My driver window was just whistling Dixie on the highway when the wind would gust X-wind. I believe there is a TSB and an adjustment process. If I push out in the back corner of the glass at speed gently, she whistles away.

I don't know about the TSB, but mine would not seal along the tops and back edge, especially in a crosswind. Adjusting the track out at the bottom made a huge improvement for me.

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having a similar issue on the drivers side with the dealer telling me it's normal eve though there is a TSB out. They just don't want to deal with it.

Here is a video of an adjustment that doesn't need the door panel removed

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There are 3 TSB/SSMs on the shitty windows. I’ve posted the adjustment procedure many times. Too lazy to do it again. It’s out there. I had to do mine as my dealer pulled the same shit as yours.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I've had my Bronco at the dealer twice and they keep telling me " it's just how it is". I'm tired of being disappointed and I'm looking to try and fix this myself. I regret buying this thing. Everything about it is just starting to feel cheap .

Is ford just not giving a damn about quality control or Is my dealer afraid to get their hands dirty? S
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford Dealer info, I can look into your window concern on my end.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As @KT_bronco says above. This video explains how to fix it. Takes 5 minutes to do both front doors.

Sponsored

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the procedure outlined in the video last weekend, and so far it seems to have worked. There's still a little rattle but not nearly as bad as it was beforehand.

djdearing

Badlands
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same issue with my Bronco and it has seem to have gotten worse over the years. When I open the door the windows flops back and forth and makes an awful noise. I'm embarrassed to even park near people. Happens when getting in and out of the thing. I tried the window adjustment on the bottom but that did nothing.
Sponsored