Sponsored

Would an OEM Heritage White Hardtop sell in secondary market?

OEM Hard top resale value

• Total voters

7speedManuel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ford F150 w 200k+
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi all. Considering ordering a heritage tomorrow, but I’m a soft top kinda guy. I know these hard tops are sought after, so wanted to know what y’all think about what it’s worth. The thing is, my car budget is about 40k

my options:

-order a heritage for 50k, minus sell the hardtop come out close to 42k

-order a big bend for 42k and forget about sas, mid, and style.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Zero chance of losing money, going dual top and selling the hard top. I'd start at $10k if it was a 4 door.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think someone would buy it for sure.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn’t the heritage balanced out? Meaning zero chance yours will get built this year? If not hard top has 36% availability for the rest of the year. Meaning if your dealer has 10 allocations left for the year only 3 broncos from your dealer could get scheduled and chances are there’s more than that in front of you sucking the remaining allocations up. that’s in addition to the 50% availability for Sasquatch. It’s lofty thinking you’ll be able to order in march a highly constrained bronco and get it anywhere near 1 year or shorter. Ford could begin selling hard tops next year through parts with warranties. That being said yes you could absolutely sell it. But the reason why is because they’re impossible to buy (especially for someone who plans on ordering next week)

OP
OP

7speedManuel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ford F150 w 200k+
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Isn’t the heritage balanced out? Meaning zero chance yours will get built this year? If not hard top has 36% availability for the rest of the year. Meaning if your dealer has 10 allocations left for the year only 3 broncos from your dealer could get scheduled and chances are there’s more than that in front of you sucking the remaining allocations up. that’s in addition to the 50% availability for Sasquatch.
Thanks for the replies y’all. On this not I’ve been working with my dealer since Jan so I might have a good shot as far as getting in line is concerned. But yeah, ok with a chance of it not getting scheduled. More interested in finding out if this deal could benefit two of us.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the replies y’all. On this not I’ve been working with my dealer since Jan so I might have a good shot as far as getting in line is concerned. But yeah, ok with a chance of it not getting scheduled. More interested in finding out if this deal could benefit two of us.
It will benefit 2, and a thousands will move back one place in line.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I think the rare white hard top is worth the extra money for resale later.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it all depends on whether the flaws of the MIC top have been solved by the heritage MOD top

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most deposits or refundable so it’s no harm no foul. TL:DR. Yes you could 100% sell the hard top, but you can sell it because they’re impossible to buy. If it was as easy as placing a new order for a hard top bronco and selling it everyone would do it. The 2 year wait is the killer

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Isn’t the heritage balanced out? Meaning zero chance yours will get built this year? If not hard top has 36% availability for the rest of the year. Meaning if your dealer has 10 allocations left for the year only 3 broncos from your dealer could get scheduled and chances are there’s more than that in front of you sucking the remaining allocations up. that’s in addition to the 50% availability for Sasquatch. It’s lofty thinking you’ll be able to order in march a highly constrained bronco and get it anywhere near 1 year or shorter. Ford could begin selling hard tops next year through parts with warranties. That being said yes you could absolutely sell it. But the reason why is because they’re impossible to buy (especially for someone who plans on ordering next week)
Standard Heritage Editions aren't balanced out, Limited's are something different altogether. I don't have a clue what the allocations are for an HE though, I've heard that it was thrown in the constraint numbers and other that they were filtered out like the WTs.

Currently HEs are around 4% so it's not much and those of us that have one on order and already scheduled have been pushed back already so there's definitely constraints and delays for these.

I've read a few already looking to order an HE once the order banks open up but most seem they're going that route to bypass constraints so I think they're going to be disappointed with what the wait is going to be.

Anyrate, if you go dual top, assuming 4 door, then you shouldn't have a problem selling it but I would think down the road it would be harder to sell your HE Bronco without the white top so you may gain now but lose later.

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
better deal to just paint mine white ( if I wanted ) then over pay for a white oem top
so to me I don’t see the value

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

better deal to just paint mine white ( if I wanted ) then over pay for a white oem top
so to me I don’t see the value
I wouldn't pay 5k for what Ford's producing.
The HE mod top is not the MIC top. Different material, supposedly heavier, removable rear windows and gunners hatch on the 2 doors. Last time the mod top was on the option list in '21 it was $1795 (I think).

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yah I can’t see anyone wanting to pay that. I was quoted 1k to wrap mine white and 1.2k to paint it.
Sponsored