Sponsored

Would it be cheaper to reserve or just wait for it to be in the dealer lots?

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hmm, I was in the middle of typing out: if you have a means of controlling the price via x-plan or such then there is no harm in waiting.

But, once dealers start taking stock, they don't have to honor x-plan if they don't want to. Dealer stock won't hit the lots until 2022. 6 months after they have been rolling on the street and people lusting after them. The shine will eventually wear off but I don't see much wheeling and dealing going on for a while.

It is your money, but I think it is best to secure yourself x-plan now and find a dealer that will accept it and order come December. IF it is a matter of timing, make another reservation in December and use that one to move yourself to the back of the line.
Correct me if im wrong but the X-Plan pin isnt needed until you take delivery not when you order in December
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Correct me if im wrong but the X-Plan pin isnt needed until you take delivery not when you order in December
Unless your dealer is a jerk.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In three years maybe.. Jeep and Bronco competition will be driving prices down. If you really want to save money go buy a Gladiator, they can't give those shitty things away.
Yeah I noticed some really good deals lately on Gladiators. I wasnt sure what was going on. When they first came out I remember looking at one around 70k. I really like Jeep, but they screwed that one up. They could have made it a really nice looking truck instead of copying a wrangler.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah I noticed some really good deals lately on Gladiators. I wasnt sure what was going on. When they first came out I remember looking at one around 70k.
Was talking to a buddy yesterday about my Bronco fiasco in progress and told me of his recent test driving a Gladiator. He is 5'2" and said the thing was too small inside for him..

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess even the Bronco could be bought from the Dealer Lots, they would be sold with Dealer Markups?
...Dealer markups wouldn't last all that long...The Bronco isn't a limited edition vehicle....wait long enough and there will be rebates on the Bronco..

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There will be incentives, rebates and room to negotiate once the newness has worn off.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will be incentives, rebates and room to negotiate once the newness has worn off.
No doubt. Of course no one knows how long that will be...at least a couple of years would be a fair guess based on market response. Maybe longer, maybe less...but with no or very few (just cancelled orders that arrive) Broncos going to dealer lots the first year...it’ll be a long, long time before you walk on a lot and buy one like you describe.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

One thing to consider is that after all 165k reservations are filled and then maybe a year after that, the Bronco will have fight to keep those big release numbers. In 3 years a Bronco will be just a 3 year old "jeep" that's old news so dealers or Ford might offer incentives like they do now on their other products.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Considering how popular the bronco is you will be waiting a decent amount of time. Plus dealers can mark the car up. Just reserve it, get x-plan and your'e good.

Ford Bronco Would it be cheaper to reserve or just wait for it to be in the dealer lots? 1601491373322

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless your dealer is a jerk.
So if the dealer did insist on a pin then we would need two if our delivery was in 2022? I guess that would mean I would need to renew the Mustang Club membership. I was a bit naive and got a pin last month. Oh well.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So if the dealer did insist on a pin then we would need two if our delivery was in 2022? I guess that would mean I would need to renew the Mustang Club membership. I was a bit naive and got a pin last month. Oh well.
Got mine back in July. Hopefully I can avoid getting another but probably not.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I noticed some really good deals lately on Gladiators. I wasn't sure what was going on. When they first came out I remember looking at one around 70k. I really like Jeep, but they screwed that one up. They could have made it a really nice looking truck instead of copying a wrangler.
IT actually looks more rugged than all the Wranglers my local dealer had in stock (maybe 25 of them, 5 of which were Rubies, but no Rubie Recons). I mean, don't get me wrong, the styling and practicality of it both suck. Jeep could have done one or the other really well without a lot of effort and missed the mark on both.
But sheer off-road bad assery? Rubie Gladiator looks more capable than a stock Wrangler, side by side. At least to me.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe the pin is good for a year
Sponsored