Sponsored

IF the order banks open in February... wouldn't it be for 2024 model year?

c72k

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aug of 2020 reservation. Been through all the steps. Re-re-ordered end of Oct. Stil nothing. Zippo. Nada. Ziltch. Big fat ZERO.

It is all an allocation game. If you want a 4dr softie Big Bend with nothing on it. Then you are in business. Ford builds them quite regularly just to keep things moving.
There are a handful of dealers I have found that had allocations at MSRP. Found mine in TX, ordered mid October 2022 as a retail order able to modify, was built yesterday and should have in upcoming weeks. Also had a 2021 res with Granger that Iā€™m considering abandoning since it's not going to be anytime soon. Maybe check and call around?
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No.

It will be for a 2023. If it can't get built in 23, it will roll over into 24.

Ford is catching up, but 2-door parts, hard tops, Badlands suspensions are still constrained.

Order a 4-door soft top and I'd expect 10-12 weeks.
Order a 2-door Wildtrack and I'd expect it to roll to 24.

I would give my left nut to know what it is about a damn 2DR that is such a mess. From the very start, even before the whole MIC top debacle, it was the floor pans of the 2drs being damaged in shipping. Very first constrain was 2dr. HOW is this still an issue. What is it with building 2drs. :LOL:

Don't say it's the tops because the simple solution would be to only build tops for 2drs if there is still an issue building them. Oh yeah, I forgot Ford does not believe in the simple solution.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't say it's the tops because the simple solution would be to only build tops for 2drs if there is still an issue building them. Oh yeah, I forgot Ford does not believe in the simple solution.
My guess, and this is my guess, is that it is in fact the tops.
  • The Rear Clamshell for the 2-door is significantly bigger than the one on the 4-door.
  • Almost certainly it uses different tooling/molds
  • very likely the yield is lower on the larger part.
Ford simply never spent the money to buy enough tooling.

I also suspect that the 7MT has been more constrained than Ford has ever admited, and a lot more 2-doors were configured with the manual compared to the 4-door.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are a handful of dealers I have found that had allocations at MSRP. Found mine in TX, ordered mid October 2022 as a retail order able to modify, was built yesterday and should have in upcoming weeks. Also had a 2021 res with Granger that Iā€™m considering abandoning since it's not going to be anytime soon. Maybe check and call around?

I am not at Granger. I am not at Stevens. I am not at any of those dealers that were giving the "deals".

I am at the dealer I have dealt with for a long time. Just traded the wife's 13 Explorer in on a 22 Timberline.

Ford Bronco IF the order banks open in February... wouldn't it be for 2024 model year? 20220717_101522

They have built other orders for the dealer as well. I am the dealers first order. It all depends on what is available at the time the dealer's allocation has come around for a build. Total crap shoot on what they will build when.

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My guess, and this is my guess, is that it is in fact the tops.
  • The Rear Clamshell for the 2-door is significantly bigger than the one on the 4-door.
  • Almost certainly it uses different tooling/molds
  • very likely the yield is lower on the larger part.
Ford simply never spent the money to buy enough tooling.

I also suspect that the 7MT has been more constrained than Ford has ever admited, and a lot more 2-doors were configured with the manual compared to the 4-door.

Yeah, I get it but damn keep pumping 2drs and just say the hell with the 4drs, they can get a softie, at least until they get things going in the right direction.

#2drcurse.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I get it but damn keep pumping 2drs and just say the hell with the 4drs, they can get a softie, at least until they get things going in the right direction.
#2drcurse.
Mine, from a large metro dealership, took 19 months. The only add-on was the Aux switches.

When I ordered it, everyone said, a Base with no options should be quick.... hahahaha

How long have you been waiting.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I heard Ford is dropping the order bank and you will have to buy off the lot

NinjahGoose

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If this is true I'm not getting a Bronco. I have talked to 5 dealers about various Wildtrak and they all have between $5-15K mark-ups, I REFUSE to pay a mark-up.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine, from a large metro dealership, took 19 months. The only add-on was the Aux switches.

When I ordered it, everyone said, a Base with no options should be quick.... hahahaha

How long have you been waiting.

856 days since my Aug of 2020 res. Ordered Mar '21. Re-ordered Oct '21 with COVP approval, I have a copy of the e-mail from Ford. It is identical to the one they are doing now. Waited and checked all year long. Nothing. Then, late Oct '22, I re-re-ordered and have yet to hear anything. Dealership just received a WT, a BL, and a BB all 4dr. All ordered after my re-order from '21. Still nothing.

Dealership has no idea. they don't know what to tell me. Actually, they told me to go find one on a lot and buy it. They will just take the COVP hit. It is like Ford just gives my 2dr order the cold shoulder. At this point I am beyond words to explain it, understand it, etc. as Levine would say..... "Stay pumped". :cautious:

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford wants to go to a model where 80% of orders are customer orders and the dealer inventory is just a few models/samples. The whole "grand plan" is to keep cars off the lots, so they don't have to pay millions in end of year incentives.

I could certainly see Ford opening up the order bank with restrictions (i.e. no Badlands, Wildtrack, or Sasquatch) until caught up though.
Sponsored