Sponsored

Would you pay a Premium above MSRP for a First Edition?

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"I would not" would be my choice if there was a poll.

I may be tempted if my choice was a Badlands similar to my build in my sig and I could get it today.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No one’s crying...except yourself apparently trying to justify yourself with no support. You pay all you want, pay every extra dollar you can. Meaningless to me how much you pay for stickers. I actually have some I can sell you......
Na no crying here, I’m stoked. Just educating the uninformed, and letting the penny pinchers know that’s perfectly ok 👌.

Hard pass on the stickers. My dealer will be ripping them off my ride before delivery.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How about this twist. If your getting a FE and your dealer offers to buy it, (so they can sell at markup), how much would it take? I've had a $5k offer (not from dealer), and I'm kind of tempted to talk to him and get more. Have several vehicles, don't NEED a Bronco right now, but want it. What would it take to BUY your FE, assuming its delivered early. Later deliveries probably kill this window of profiteering, not that I'm looking to profiteer but the dude is pretty persistent. I think at $10k I would have to think about it.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How about this twist. If your getting a FE and your dealer offers to buy it, (so they can sell at markup), how much would it take? I've had a $5k offer (not from dealer), and I'm kind of tempted to talk to him and get more. Have several vehicles, don't NEED a Bronco right now, but want it. What would it take to BUY your FE, assuming its delivered early. Later deliveries probably kill this window of profiteering, not that I'm looking to profiteer but the dude is pretty persistent. I think at $10k I would have to think about it.
If I had an early one, I would probably take $15k for the early delivery, then just make a new reservation and get back in line for another truck. That would be painful though to give up the year or so to wait....maybe $20k now that I think about it.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nope. My Big Bend is expensive enough in my Canadian Funny Monies.
Weak argument! Your government doesn't even need to print money like a well-oiled cash-printing machine. Not when you've got.....

Ford Bronco Would you pay a Premium above MSRP for a First Edition? 3784ca04-9dd1-41c4-932e-369498d32560_text[1]

Anyway on topic: In the quiet words of the virgin Mary, no.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If I had an early one, I would probably take $15k for the early delivery, then just make a new reservation and get back in line for another truck. That would be painful though to give up the year or so to wait....maybe $20k now that I think about it.
This guy is getting one whether it’s mine or someone else’s. Your right, $20k or leave it.

OP
OP
ex_nyer

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guys, been a lurker for awhile but I think there are going to be multiple considerations going forward.

I think Broncos were priced out at pre-COVID inflation rates. As Ford is finding out, supply chains across the globe are being disrupted due to COVID. People are buying tons of things due to stimulus and being at home. I work in a similar industry and the inflation bells are ringing.

Housing prices are increasing pretty fast. Need to look through the lens of supply and demand. Fords suppliers are probably going to be jacking up prices due to their own supply chain issues.

At this point the economy has more consumers than producers which is going to drive prices up. I’m expecting to see automobile prices increase over the next 6-12 months substantially.
Hard to argue, as the Fed expands the money supply the likelihood of inflation increases. I guess that locking in pricing is a good thing.

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel like a 10k markup is reasonable but I would consider up to 15k possibly. ill be searching the lots and see whats available, i am willing to pay markup if it gets me a Bronco before the end of the year.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
At 10K MSRP you will find lots of buyers. You only need to find one buyer. If someone was really interested I'd throw it online for 30-40k above MSRP and I bet you'd get a bite.

(At 10K above MSRP message me :p)

Sponsored

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just because you say no does not mean it won’t happen. Facebook post

7D6B2D29-6816-4459-A140-4D1E125B282F.jpeg

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not for an FE, but if the dealer had a model like I ordered, then sure. I sold my used car for $6k, more than I should because of the used car market. So I would totally out that extra money into the Bronco if it meant I could get it asap.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. I reserved mine with the understanding there would be zero price mark-up and - really - all of the 21's are 'First Editions' in a sense . . . but I am not purchasing this as an investment anyway - I just want to drive it!!
Sponsored