First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco is the first car I have had with a touch screen.

Hate the touch screen
Hate the auto-headlights
Really, really hate the damn electric parking brake.
Took me 6 months to get used to the new keyless key, and I hate how huge the stupid fob is.

My 06 Mustang was just right wrt tech. Normal key, normal fob, no touchscreen, normal cruise.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a Badlands with no options except mod bumper. I don’t like a vehicle with things that dont work. So even eliminating the possibility of fixing a $400 mirror vanity light is not an issue. Less tech the better because they can’t get it right. Not that my Bronco has issues. It doesn’t except CarPlay. Just less potential issues with less gadgets.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
We tend to remember the good from our past. 2000 era cars were crap compared to modern ones, a 2000 Mustang GT was ugly and slow with only 260hp. My modern daily driver station wagon has more than double that from the factory.
Ford Bronco Would you Revert to Old Times? 1716307632219-gu

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Depends on the context-I've owned fairly loaded vehicles since 2000, with all the tech that they had at the time and generally had ZERO issues with it.

Since 2004 or so, I've had multiple issues with brake calipers (Mustang, Taurus SHO and my Fusion Hybrid that was an unexpected buy) and my wife's old Escape had an issue with its throttle body controller and a transmission issue that was thankfully sorted with no internal work on her current Escape.

My SHO sync had issues, but it never failed and kept working with a Iphone 13 with no major issues.

Never had an APIM go bad or any other electronic items fail.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My first Bronco had a carbureted Straight 6, very hard to start in -35F weather. Also used to randomly pop out spark plugs for seemingly no reason.

My second Bronco was a total POS. It had the rear window mechanism rust out and the glass window no longer went up and down.

My third Bronco had the automatic trans go bad at 13,000 miles. Ford only offered a 12,000 mile warranty back then, so I was screwed. i refused to buy Ford products for the next 25 years after that.

And now I am on my fourth Bronco. 2023 2-door Base with a 7MT. Best vehicle I have ever owned.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Odd how my '04 F150, which I bought new and owned for nine years, was one of my favorite and most reliable vehicles to date. Regular key, check. CD player, check. 12V port, check. Was never in the shop once outside a recall on the steering column clockspring. Just gas, oil changes, and tires. As it should be. My '19 F150 has not lived up to the expectations I had for it.

You might guess how I voted.

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang,65 Barracuda,99 F250,13 Taurus,15 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
With all the electrical gremlins and update issues, Would u give up modern tech? Simpler times circa 2000-2017 If it meant no/less problems.
Edit: Everything else on your Bronco is the same, Basically just no screen..lol my charging portals were dead from day 3, and screen is sketch anyway, did recently get the charger fixed.
My first car was a 1965 Barracuda, I love that car, it's fun to drive for a quick errand or weekend task. I'm not going to commute in it though. The Bronco has not put a foot wrong yet, granted it's a 24 with 3000 miles. Everyday niceties are nice and simple driving machines are nice. Just different use cases.

Sponsored

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Umm, my "nice" vehicle is my '07 Ram 5.9 Cummins. Low tech does just fine by me.

Syringe

Badlands
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 ZX-10R, '21 Z H2 SE, '13 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some, not all. I don't love the nannies - lane keep assist, etc., which I have turned off. I also wish my '24 had a CD player....yeah, I know I can mp3 my collection and run it off a thumb drive, which I will.

My '79 Bronco [no longer have it] was a good truck, but the new one blows it away in most respects. Fuel injection is huge [much better cold weather starting, among other things], better mpgs in virtually any/all situations, etc. Better clutch, F/R lockers, sta-bar disconnect, tremendously better brakes, etc.

In defense of the '79, I much preferred the electric rear glass and "regular," fold down tailgate. I'd also rather have the "regular," emergency brake that it had versus today's electric unit.

Coralhead

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate thinking that a CD player is “old times” but I guess that’s where we are at in society.

I purposely bought a Base Bronco because I wanted as little tech as I could get. The more tech a car has, the more that can go wrong and more costly to fix.
I concur, I know how to switch lanes and use mirrors. I know how to stay in my lane as well. The backup camera is nice though. Don't miss my favorite cassette tape getting eaten by the stereo.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I'd never call the years you call out "2000 to 2017" old times..

But yes, I'd definitely like to drop back to that era as far as "built in" tech goes.

I want Fuel Injection, and OBDII, and I want None of the Nannies that come in Modern Vehicles.

I don't want anything Integrated into the system that isn't directly related to the operation of the driveline.

I want to be able to change the head unit, and not lose my HVAC controls, I have flawless Android Auto, Carplay, and Navigation in my 2002 Silverado, because I can put any normal head unit I want in it.

I can add any number of cameras and parking sensor systems without having to put them on the canbus.

So yes, Let me go back to Semi-Late Model integration...
Sponsored