First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, I reserved my Bronco in August of 2021 and ordered shortly after in 2021. I had to reorder the vehicle 2 times and understood the price protection with no markup on the dealer's end. The marketing website shows today the price of the last order I signed @ my dealership prior to the build, reflecting a price increase that would be covered by the private offer from ford. I have 2 offers but told I can only use one. When I got my window sticker there was another price increase of $2000+ added to the total price of the vehicle so I contacted Ford marketing to ask why they show one price on the website and another on the sticker only to be told they have no other private offer to compensate." Your dealership has the final say". Now I must say that is a perfect case of false advertising on Fords part for selling me a vehicle online @ one price and stickering it for $2000+ more all on the same website. It is not the dealers fault Ford marked up the sticker in 2 weeks after the build was signed. So, what can I do? Eat the $2000+? Small claims court? :( I have waited a long time for this Bronco and want to buy it I just don't wish to take it in the A$$ from Foird Motor Company on the price.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

This is what my page shows today on the Ford website...

Pricing Summary
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

• Base MSRP
    E13

$32,295.00
  • Total Options
    E149

$1,595.00
  • Destination and Delivery Charges
    E29

$1,595.00
  • Total MSRP
    E147

$35,485.00
  • Difference from Total MSRP
    E31

$0.00

• Dealer Selling Price
    E27

$35,485.00
  • Order Deposit
    E159

$500.00
  • Estimated Cash Price
    E48

$34,985.00
Sponsored

Bad-Daddy-Lands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco, ‘21 F250, ‘96 911/993
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure I follow you completely, but if it comes down to paying $2k more in ‘23 for the vehicle you spec’ed in ‘21, just swallow it and get your Bronco.

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure I follow you completely, but if it comes down to paying $2k more in ‘23 for the vehicle you spec’ed in ‘21, just swallow it and get your Bronco.
No its $5000+ more than the 21 order

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Did you actually talk to your dealer? You should instead of getting worked up over the new prices that shouldn't affect your order or bottom line.

Now if the dealer won't honor it then come back and I'll give you my sympathy.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not an expert, but you should have had price protection. There have been a few that have been issued if you ordered in 2021. I'm sure someone can chime in on the exact amounts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you actually talk to your dealer? You should instead of getting worked up over the new prices that shouldn't affect your order or bottom line.

Now if the dealer won't honor it then come back and I'll give you my sympathy.
The dealer should honor the signed price but said ford marked up the sticker and that is what they go bye, invoice price is higher on their end.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would talk to the dealer and try to come to a compromise, the dealer is the one that will have a final say in the price. I was fortunate enough to be able to get X-plan pricing because I had it in writing that they would honor it before Ford said no, I suppose the dealer ate that. As for the price hike that sucks but it’s gotta be better than a huge ADM which seems to be standard at most places. You gotta get your Bronco, you will love it every time you drive it. Just my two cents.

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not an expert, but you should have had price protection. There have been a few that have been issued if you ordered in 2021. I'm sure someone can chime in on the exact amounts.
Ford said only protection for $2845

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford said only protection for $2845
The dealer should be getting back all the price increases that have happened from Ford. If you have a signed contract they need to honor it.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The dealer should honor the signed price but said ford marked up the sticker and that is what they go bye, invoice price is higher on their end.
Read over this and if your questions aren't answered ask it on that thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ultimate-2023my-price-protection-flowchart.58270/

The dealer can charge what they want unfortunately but you need to at least read over what they're supposed to already know and go in to the discussion informed.

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer should be getting back all the price increases that have happened from Ford. If you have a signed contract they need to honor it.
Agreed! The signed order was the same as the website is today that I posted and I have no problem with that price. I will have to fight with the dealer now to get that price :(

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the crux of your complaint? This is nothing to worry about. You already have your private offer to account for past MY price increases. For the recent increase, that will be retail price protection. There is no certificate to apply as a rebate. MOST dealers will honor the price before the 3/15 window sticker price increase. But they are not obligated to do so. Ford will reimburse the dealer for the mid-year price increase and they should issue you a check for that amount which can take up to 45 days. Like I said, most dealers will just honor the DORA price and wait for the credit to come back to balance their books a month later. For the those that won't, there isn't much you can do other than wait for the credit to be issued to the dealer and the dealer to issue you a check.

This mid-year price protection is the same issue people took delivery last year for MY'22.5 pricing on the window sticker. It is a non-issue as long as this isn't the first vehicle your dealer ever sold.

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Read over this and if your questions aren't answered ask it on that thread.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ultimate-2023my-price-protection-flowchart.58270/

The dealer can charge what they want unfortunately but you need to at least read over what they're supposed to already know and go in to the discussion informed.
I had 2 offers from Ford and was told one day by both Ford marketing and my dealer they would honor both, now both are backpedaling:(

OP
OP
2022 base

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the crux of your complaint? This is nothing to worry about. You already have your private offer to account for past MY price increases. For the recent increase, that will be retail price protection. There is no certificate to apply as a rebate. MOST dealers will honor the price before the 3/15 window sticker price increase. But they are not obligated to do so. Ford will reimburse the dealer for the mid-year price increase and they should issue you a check for that amount which can take up to 45 days. Like I said, most dealers will just honor the DORA price and wait for the credit to come back to balance their books a month later. For the those that won't, there isn't much you can do other than wait for the credit to be issued to the dealer and the dealer to issue you a check.

This mid-year price protection is the same issue people took delivery last year for MY'22.5 pricing on the window sticker. It is a non-issue as long as this isn't the first vehicle your dealer ever sold.
My biggest complaint is that I did this online with Ford and they marked up the sticker during my build from the price they posted on their site...False advertisement.
Sponsored