Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not to get into a debate over opinions on what price gouging is, however Websters dictionary states price gouging is over charging customers for a service or product. Grant it, it happens when there is an emergency so it's widely known that way, however by definition the term does extend to other arenas. No need to remind me I live in a free market society. Perhaps I should have stated that the deceptive practices of Wyatt Johnson Ford wasted 2 years of my life dreaming of the perfect vehicle just to have it taken away. I equate it to being lost in the desert dying of thirst with only thoughts of water, and Wyatt Johnson said come get some water, just to ask for 1000 dollars as he was pouring it. Thats my experience anyway. I also attached the document I was led to believe protected me by Frank Taylor. The legality of document is mute. I was led to believe on several occasions I would pay a certain amount. A week before delivery they changed that. We are decided to pursue other manufactures such as Toyota or Jeep. We gave 2 years of our life based on this dealerships word. Not going to give them anymore. Wyatt Johnson has ruined the Ford brand for us.

View attachment 588174
As we have learned over the past several years, the DORA is not a sales contract and does not guarantee a price. Only a signed sales agreement does.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wondering, what has to happen for a dealer to sell the vehicle you've ordered to someone else? Is there any way to stall, in other words, so they can't sell it for maybe a month? If they're going to play hardball, you could always try to return it in kind. Even if you don't get the price you assumed, the hassle and time wasted comes at a cost. I think we generally agree $10k at this point is aspirational.

Rick_DRZ

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 MB Sprinter, 2020 BMW x7 M50i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco isn't that good. I think it looks better than a Wrangler, but if I was in OP's shoes I'd buy a 392 Wrangler. The glorious burble of a normally aspirated V8 will have you forgetting this shitty Ford experience in no time.
Besides, if you get stuck with another mediocre Ford dealer they'll deny warranty claims, and once denied no other dealer will stick their neck out and possibly be on the hook for all the money when Ford corporate decides to deny the claim after the fact.

Ford's are for rich people who can do their own repairs.
I'd never recommend one after owning one. The dealer roulette is not worth the hassle.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to get into a debate over opinions on what price gouging is, however Websters dictionary states price gouging is over charging customers for a service or product. Grant it, it happens when there is an emergency so it's widely known that way, however by definition the term does extend to other arenas. No need to remind me I live in a free market society. Perhaps I should have stated that the deceptive practices of Wyatt Johnson Ford wasted 2 years of my life dreaming of the perfect vehicle just to have it taken away. I equate it to being lost in the desert dying of thirst with only thoughts of water, and Wyatt Johnson said come get some water, just to ask for 1000 dollars as he was pouring it. Thats my experience anyway. I also attached the document I was led to believe protected me by Frank Taylor. The legality of document is mute. I was led to believe on several occasions I would pay a certain amount. A week before delivery they changed that. We are decided to pursue other manufactures such as Toyota or Jeep. We gave 2 years of our life based on this dealerships word. Not going to give them anymore. Wyatt Johnson has ruined the Ford brand for us.

View attachment 588174
I'm sorry this dealer is doing you wrong, but there's crummy dealers for all the brands (even the sainted Tesla isn't great shakes). I basically won't even shop for a Honda, I've never seen a dealer I care for there (I may be biased because most of them were in Houston but also Cali).

I do see HE's listed if you're willing to buy and ship/go get, and they don't all have markup. I just wouldn't let a single dealer sour you entirely. You're bound to run into them elsewhere.

One thing I'm not a fan of that Ford does have control over is allocation. Flip has talked about how well meaning dealers can get screwed on allocation by trying to do the right thing. Unfortunately unscrupulous dealers are very good at attracting buyers, and not enough people walk away and go to, say, Granger (or Ruxer). Bob Utter here in North Texas gets a lot of kudos around these parts.

I got lucky my dealer was straight with me, but I didn't do any research before putting my order in. I know now I should have, but I was fortunate the one nearest me wasn't one of the horrible ones.

Sponsored

WR1

Badlands
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Squach 2D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to get a 23 SAS Badlands off the lot for APlan which was $5k below sticker a few weeks ago … had some dealers say no to APlan but hit paydirt after about 5 calls in the Atlanta area. Awful what they are doing but if you are flexible on which Bronco, there are dealers out there who have them on the lot finally and aren’t stupid on pricing.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tell me you have a signed Purchase Agreement with your dealer. If so, no problem, if not, you have a very big problem.
Anyone who is waiting for their Bronco that is yet to be delivered. Go into your dealer and get a signed Purchase Agreement! Now!
Beware, a signed Sales Order is not worth the paper it is on. Only a Purchase Agreement will save you from tactics like this. If your dealer provides you with a signed Sales Order, it means nothing!
If your dealer will not provide you with a signed Purchase Agreement. Go find another dealer as that one is going to screw you!
Even a signed purchase agreement is no guarantee. I had one and my dealer refused to honor it and threatened to not sell me the Bronco when it arrived. They just want you to cave in so they can mark it up and sell to someone else. I paid their asking price just to secure it then put them on blast on social media and filed a complaint with the BBB. Eventually the GM caved and wrote me a check for the difference. Everything is a negotiation.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s pure greed plain and simple. They want 10k over MSRP for what ? What did they do to deserve the extra coin ? Did they go to the factory and help build it ? Did they put gold rims on it ? Tell them to go jump in a lake. Put that dealership on blast! I know you’ve been waiting a long time for your vehicle and this is how they treat their customers? Total BS. Good luck.
Cookeville Ford is no better. We were “offered” a special order Bronco that the customer passed on. Sticker price. We passed for a variety of reasons. Next day it was on their lot for $20k over.
Ck other dealers. Don’t reward bad business practices, if you can. We’ve dealt with Magic City Ford in Roanoke Va for decades. Good guys and gals.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to get a 23 SAS Badlands off the lot for APlan which was $5k below sticker a few weeks ago … had some dealers say no to APlan but hit paydirt after about 5 calls in the Atlanta area. Awful what they are doing but if you are flexible on which Bronco, there are dealers out there who have them on the lot finally and aren’t stupid on pricing.
Nice lookin' Bronco. ;)

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Even a signed purchase agreement is no guarantee. I had one and my dealer refused to honor it and threatened to not sell me the Bronco when it arrived. They just want you to cave in so they can mark it up and sell to someone else. I paid their asking price just to secure it then put them on blast on social media and filed a complaint with the BBB. Eventually the GM caved and wrote me a check for the difference. Everything is a negotiation.
But consider the BS. Buying a new vehicle should never be a stressful situation, IMO.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But consider the BS. Buying a new vehicle should never be a stressful situation, IMO.
Remember Saturn, the no-haggle brand? Gone. Ryan Johnson's reign at JCPenney? Ended in bankruptcy. Americans are so inculcated in gamified buyer/seller relationships, instead of being good buyers, we distrust prices and expect to be "screwed". Mostly because we're taught to desire and want instead of be aware of needs and know what we value.

Had a roommate years ago who was a top shoe seller for Dillards here in DFW. He had tried to be a car salesman, but quit a few days after "sales school" because he didn't think he could hack outright lying to people. I mean, deploying that whole Make Friends and Win Enemies thing. Thanks Mr. Carnegie!

So yeah, with something so expensive for most buyers, wanting something and not knowing how you really value obtaining it is a recipe for an asymmetric negotiation. My roommate explained how car salespeople are really little psychologists. They simply know more about how you'll act, and use that against you. I mean, in their favor.

In the end, these are cars; don't be angry, if they won't sell it to you for what you think it's worth, move on. Threatening violence or destruction of property is counterproductive and wrong. However, I like the idea of embarrassing them. Because they should be embarrassed, and ashamed. Then again, not everyone feels those emotions, and we all know the best car salespeople are hatchet men.

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's worth noting that this week (yesterday) 2024 production scheduling started for most trims....and the Heritage started last week. I had my order for a Badlands (2-door manual) scheduled yesterday (Jan. 8) and received a VIN. I placed my original order for a Big bend Oct. 26....and then updated it for a Badlands just last weekend). Long story short - times are shortening for order--->scheduling as long as you don't have some sort of constrained component.

As others seem to have said, since the DORA is not legally binding, look into walking away and re-ordering. This is perhaps exactly what they want you to do = either you pay the mark-up.....or you walk away and they sell for mark-up.

amurphy9276

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please post reviews Cars.com, Cargurus, DealerRater.com, Google, and Autotrader. That will show for all their buyers.
I had an issue about 10 years ago with a dealership. I blasted them on Google and dealer rates, 2 days later everything worked out in my favor. They didn't like all the negativety. Only thing was I had to remove it all. They ended up buying the car back and I went to another dealership and bought something else.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe you need to let them know you re notifying their local BBB, the State Attorney General s office, news media consumer advocate folks and writing to Ford CEO, VP of Marketing, etc to help them get full credit of their shoddy business practices.

“Maybe” they ll say lame shit about no signed sales agreement, etc etc but trust me, they don’t want that much bad publicity.

Then if they come around and honor the deal or close to it make damn sure to never go back and have a different dealer service/warranty it.

Don’t let them know you moved to another area as that ll be like blood in the water for their shark tactics also.

Good Luck with those A Holes

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
….. and as mentioned tell them all the social media outlets you ll populate. (Be sure the GM at this dealership is made aware of the game as it’s otherwise easy for him to sit back and be a tough guy when your salesman goes in saying you don’t want ADM. Or, your salesman might not even run it up to the GM as his commission probably sweetened with ADM). You re swimming with sharks when a dealership starts doing this crap ….
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.