ayedeoliv

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am picking up my hard top bronco on saturday. I need to find an OEM soft top asap.
I will swap with you if you're still looking, very interested in swapping my soft top. Just picked mine up two days ago!
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love the ability to flip back to position 1 instantly. We rarely use position 2, though. The windows are kind of a pain to remove and stow, and ours are always dirty since we live on a dirt road, so they would get even more beat up if we were doing that a lot. Ideally, we would have a hard rear clamshell and a BestTop Skyrider, which simulates position 1.

But we'll take our current soft top!

Ford Bronco You can’t beat the SOFT top! tempImageCDrvbL

too many doors lol
Oh, sorry. This is a soft top thread. Team 2-door is unfortunately ineligible to participate. Thanks for stopping by... 👋

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The best thing Ford ever did for me, well, maybe the only thing, was farm out those hardtops to Westfuco who totally blew it and made me get a soft top. I had NO IDEA how much freakin' fun this is!!! Waiting for April here in Chicago area.....

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cant wait for Winter to be over and for Spring to arrive

D8AE4464-B896-4B40-807A-AE5C59EE1132.jpeg

Sponsored

Burro5000

Base
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B4000
Your Bronco Model
Base
too many doors lol
This. All I think when I see the soft tops are that people settled for the mom car that was quicker to make.

And yes...I have to ask for a hand when removing my hardtop hahaha

Last edited:

Sasquatch_SOF

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll play devil's advocate and say you can't beat the hard top. The ability to add a Trailrax roof rack to carry additional gear, fuel, 270 awning, Gazelle or RTT, etc. for overlanding trips in the southwest is unmatched. A soft top would severely limit or completely eliminate several of the outings I have planned.

That said, if I wasn't looking to overland and didn't care about any of the above, the soft top is a great, convenient feature. That's what makes the Bronco such a great platform to suit everyone's needs and desires! There's no right or wrong answer.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish a full top-down capable soft top was an option for the 2D like on the Wrangler. The Besttop option is nice and well made as is all their stuff but simply not what I want. Definitely so much easier to go up/down with the soft top.

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Ford didn't mess up the hard top at launch, oh wait a minute there still having issues lol. At first I was hesitant of the soft top but now I know it was the best decision. After market hard tops look nice but I will save my money for wiser expenses.

EJP-OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had to chuckle. A thread about not being able to beat a soft top and several people within inquire if a hard top is for sale. Irony.
Agreed
To each his own. Personally, living in the north east I like being warm in the winter, and able to hear phone conversations with the hard top.
Plus, I hate to tell you softies, it's not a big deal to pop the front panels off and toss them in the back when the weather is nice and I don't look like I'm driving with a folded up tarp on the back.
Again, it's all a matter of preference and the bottom line is, we all have a dam cool truck.
Sponsored