Sponsored

You will NOT believe this. Grab a drink....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I could own a shipping company, accidentally smash a bronco I see I like, then ford will sell me the smashed Bronco so I can get it immediately and then fix the scratch myself....BRILLIANT! Plenty of $ to be made that way, and quickly too.
You forgot the part about getting that shipping company to Fortune 500 Status so that Ford will even consider a contract with you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure what your relationship with your dealer has to do with anything being discussed in this thread but congratulations.

I'm kind of thinking you don't know what empathy means. Because the only one lacking it in this thread is the individual who called the OP entitled. Practice what you preach.
Well, truth is, after 7 mos of waiting and wondering just when was it damaged? I am feeling a wee bit entitled. But I'm entitled to that, aren't I? lol

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the Case of the Missing Bronco from July 23 production and then mysteriously vanished.....

Turns out it got damaged somewhere somehow...and Ford, without legal authorization! sold it at auction! On Jan. 4. My dealer OWNS the manufacturing title to it!! So they are none too happy, and Ford told no one. The only reason we found out is that my VIN dropped off the palsapp yesterday. So the dealer started digging hard, only to learn this.

Ford. How can they sell something that isn't even legally theirs? And how can they not bother mentioning it, even to the dealer?? I wonder if we'd ever have known.

The good news is that now we know. AND I'll be getting a top priority 22 with hopefully a good engine and not sitting with stale fluids for 7 months. And Ford is trying to figure out what else to do to compensate me. So far, a free warranty woo hoo....

Crazy times, my friends.

About that bottle of whisky for being the very last.....? lol
Yeah, so Ford owns that till the dealer takes delivery, but an otherwise cool story.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So the Case of the Missing Bronco from July 23 production and then mysteriously vanished.....

Turns out it got damaged somewhere somehow...and Ford, without legal authorization! sold it at auction! On Jan. 4. My dealer OWNS the manufacturing title to it!! So they are none too happy, and Ford told no one. The only reason we found out is that my VIN dropped off the palsapp yesterday. So the dealer started digging hard, only to learn this.

Ford. How can they sell something that isn't even legally theirs? And how can they not bother mentioning it, even to the dealer?? I wonder if we'd ever have known.

The good news is that now we know. AND I'll be getting a top priority 22 with hopefully a good engine and not sitting with stale fluids for 7 months. And Ford is trying to figure out what else to do to compensate me. So far, a free warranty woo hoo....

Crazy times, my friends.

I would like to hear Ford's (Lawyers) response to this story. Wait for it...Wait for It....

Sponsored
OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to hear Ford's (Lawyers) response to this story. Wait for it...Wait for It....
Actually, if they're like the rest of Ford, they won't say anything.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess it depends. I work for a company larger than Ford and I would dare say out of 1000’s of agreements we have with suppliers they are all FOB destination. I would say it’s the norm for high value product. Otherwise they would have to let the dealer know when they were shipping and also the dealer would most likely have to arrange shipping since they would take title at shipping point. I am confident Ford owns the title until the dealer signs for it in there lot and most likely filed a damage claim either with the carrier or their insurance, sold it at auction to recoup some claim, and will produce a new replacement. Who would want to take delivery of a damaged bronco?
Yeah it varies and I'm sure the product makes a difference as well. I'm a buyer for a small government agency and we buy from small very specific companies that the general public wouldn't be purchasing from. Some will agree to FOB, but most of them put up a fight and won't commit to it at all.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Marketing = "Built Ford Tough"
Reality = "Tough, Ford does what it wants because they have more attorneys and money"

PS. Literally grabbing our personal blend 129 proof Whisky we named "Sasquatch Piss"...
How can I get a bottle of that Sasquatch piss?

G Watkins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does that have to do with anything he mentioned??
It has to do with if he actually owned it or not. If you haven’t paid for it yet you don’t own it. And if it was damaged why would you want it. A little annoying not to be kept in the loop. I wouldn’t care if it was sold, scrapped, or parked out back. Make me a new one and keep me in the loop.

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure what your relationship with your dealer has to do with anything being discussed in this thread but congratulations.

I'm kind of thinking you don't know what empathy means. Because the only one lacking it in this thread is the individual who called the OP entitled. Practice what you preach.
Just act like MEN. “O-M-G YOU ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS!! GET A DRINK GIRRRLL”. Dudes are so damn soft these days. Stop whining, maybe someone will actually help.

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It has to do with if he actually owned it or not. If you haven’t paid for it yet you don’t own it. And if it was damaged why would you want it. A little annoying not to be kept in the loop. I wouldn’t care if it was sold, scrapped, or parked out back. Make me a new one and keep me in the loop.
You obviously didn't read all the comments in here and stopped at my first one 🙄

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Crazy times, my friends.

A huge discount on the price would be a good place to start!

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford owns the vehicle until the MCO is delivered, with the vehicle, to the dealership. Something is fishy about the story… either Ford auctioned or destroyed the truck OR the dealer sold it at auction

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base

Crazy times, my friends.

Dude, Ford owns the vehicle until it is officially signed over and accepted by the dealership. "Manufacturing title"? Something fishy here! No dealer would every accept a damaged vehicle.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.