Sponsored

You are simply not going to believe this.....unbelievable!!!!

Yodar Crutch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took my two week old Bronco to the dealership today after discovering that my salesperson taped my temporary license to my rear view window on my soft top bronco and ruined it!!!! Yes, scotch tape ruined my rear window. My wife and I removed the temporary license after I picked up my plate at my dealership in Michigan. My wife and I yesterday finally decided to lightly wipe off the remnants of glue on the inside. Before we did that I said I hope the imprints on the outside come off. Nope THEY ARE PERMANENT. The dealer said they have to order the back part and install it again. He said the dealership sales staff received notification that they are not to tape a temporary tag to the back window. The service manager said it was being updated in the Ford bulletin system. Pictures really don't pick it up to post so that you can understand. But the service manager said it was unbelievable that such a small item would mar it. He said in all his days he can't believe it.........Please tell your dealer not to tape the temporary tag to the back window on a soft top. Now I have to wait 3 months to replace the back end.
Sponsored

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was a similar thread on here awhile back. A dealer put their website address in in a vinyl sticker or something on the back window of a customer. The customer went to take it off and the adhesive did the same thing. Pretty silly that adhesive will do that. I wanted to put a small window sticker in the back corner of mine but I won't be doing that.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like they are taking care of it….

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine if this guy had his engine blow up.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took my two week old Bronco to the dealership today after discovering that my salesperson taped my temporary license to my rear view window on my soft top bronco and ruined it!!!! Yes, scotch tape ruined my rear window. My wife and I removed the temporary license after I picked up my plate at my dealership in Michigan. My wife and I yesterday finally decided to lightly wipe off the remnants of glue on the inside. Before we did that I said I hope the imprints on the outside come off. Nope THEY ARE PERMANENT. The dealer said they have to order the back part and install it again. He said the dealership sales staff received notification that they are not to tape a temporary tag to the back window. The service manager said it was being updated in the Ford bulletin system. Pictures really don't pick it up to post so that you can understand. But the service manager said it was unbelievable that such a small item would mar it. He said in all his days he can't believe it.........Please tell your dealer not to tape the temporary tag to the back window on a soft top. Now I have to wait 3 months to replace the back end.
Novus Plastic Polishing Kit

Ford Bronco You are simply not going to believe this.....unbelievable!!!! B2047243-0B14-4162-99E1-F89C9508E419

This 2-ounce Novus Plastic Polishing Kit is made to clean and restore plastics. The kit contains one 2-ounce Plastic Clean & Shine #1 bottle, one 2-ounce Fine Scratch Remover #2 bottle, one 2-ounce Heavy Scratch Remover #3, and one Polish Mates Pack containing Polish Mates. With the use of this kit, you can add life to plastics as well as keeping a new plastic look. Before attempting to clean or remove scratches, always make sure the plastic is cool to the touch. Use a liberal amount of plastic cleaner to safely remove surface dust and dirt. In addition, test scratch removers in a small or inconspicuous area for compatibility. Some plastics are coated with a thin film which may be damaged by the abrasives in the polish. NOVUS No. 2 and No. 3 Polishes are not recommended for use on coated plastics or eyeglass lenses. Here are just a few uses for Novus Polish: DVD's, Video Games, CD's, Auto Headlamps, Interiors, Gauges, Chrome, & Acrylic Paints, Microwave Oven Doors, Decorator Acrylic Refrigerator Panels, Motorcycle Windscreens, Visors, Fairings & Helmets, Snowmobile Windshields, Helmets, & Hoods, Acrylic Hot Tubs & Spas, Boat Windows & Fiberglass, Salad Bar Sneeze Guards, Emergency Vehicle Light Bar Lens Covers, Plastic Storm Windows & Skylights, Collapsible Windows on Convertibles & Sport Utility Vehicles, Turntable Dust Covers, Stereo Faceplates, Acrylic, Fiberglass or Cultured Marble Tubs, Showers & Counters, Acrylic Aquariums, Telephones, Pagers, Scanners, Acrylic Trophies & Awards, Plastic Display Cases & Signs, Gauges & Instrument Control Panels, Safety shields & Goggles, Airplane Windows, Video Games, Pinball Machines & Jukeboxes, Copiers and Fax Machines, Acrylic Furniture, Cash Registers & Calculators, Acrylic on Tanning Beds.

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine did the same. I removed it within a couple days and had to use goo gone to remove the residue. It didn’t mess the plastic up.

Regan

Wildtrak
First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murano and 08 chev Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer put ours in front window. Shout out to Damerow Ford, Portland, Oregon. Also honored the price agreed on, and did not do any other shenanigans, like etching, additional security, nitrogen etc.

0531221346a.jpg

Sponsored

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes the dealer also put a sticker on my back window as advert for dealership and after removing it’s permanent. I’ve tried heat etc it doesn’t return to normal. They ordered me a new window, but right now I just put a bunch of stickers on the back of it to cover it up and I’ll use the ordered one as a spare.

OP
OP

Yodar Crutch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Imagine if this guy had his engine blow up.
4 pieces of scotch tape ruined a $3000 top that has to be ordered into a backlogged system… went into the ford alert system:. The dealer network in the area will be alerted as will every salesperson at the dealership…the service manager couldn’t believe it… and this in Detroit where everyone knows about vehicles and people who build them and work at the companies…plus the purpose of this website is to inform people and all you gave was ridicule… it’s an expensive purchase worthy of long term quality…the service manager of 30 years said it was his 2nd most unusual thing he has ever seen…so yes it isn’t a blown engine but it was ruined….. just show some simple respect for someone who wants his new vehicle to be right.::betcha you would have reacted the same way…but it is simply easy to ridicule someone until it happens to you..:.:respectfully submitted:

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 pieces of scotch tape ruined a $3000 top that has to be ordered into a backlogged system… went into the ford alert system:. The dealer network in the area will be alerted as will every salesperson at the dealership…the service manager couldn’t believe it… and this in Detroit where everyone knows about vehicles and people who build them and work at the companies…plus the purpose of this website is to inform people and all you gave was ridicule… it’s an expensive purchase worthy of long term quality…the service manager of 30 years said it was his 2nd most unusual thing he has ever seen…so yes it isn’t a blown engine but it was ruined….. just show some simple respect for someone who wants his new vehicle to be right.::betcha you would have reacted the same way…but it is simply easy to ridicule someone until it happens to you..:.:respectfully submitted:
I’m on a waiting list for a new top because mine has the roof sagging down. After I already had the rear window replaced before they had a service procedure to repair it. My point is from your title you would think something awful happened. Then come to find out there was a piece of tape on it that caused an imperfection that doesn’t even show up in pictures. If you were on YouTube I would say this is clickbait. They’re fixing it for you. No harm done.
Sponsored