Sponsored

You will NOT believe this. Grab a drink....

Status
Not open for further replies.

huck2080

Black Diamond
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would say about 5 grand off of the bronco or 5 grand worth of accessories would be fair
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Few points on thisā€¦.

1) Total BS on the part of Ford if it was damaged in transit 6 months ago and youā€™re just finding out

2) I find it hard to believe that your dealer canā€™t find out anything on the VIN until it disappears and then they find out right away, so I somewhat question how hard they investigated on your behalf until now.

3) itā€™s been said, but I will repeat since I work for a shipper and have been on an auto ramp the last 3 days. The dealer didnā€™t own anything until they took possession. Also, Ford didnā€™t sell the Bronco at auction. When damage occurs in route, the shipper buys the VIN from Ford, Ford gives the shipper the appropriate title (salvage or non-salvage) and then the shipper sells the VIN at auction to recoup anything they can.
So I could own a shipping company, accidentally smash a bronco I see I like, then ford will sell me the smashed Bronco so I can get it immediately and then fix the scratch myself....BRILLIANT! Plenty of $ to be made that way, and quickly too.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I could own a shipping company, accidentally smash a bronco I see I like, then ford will sell me the smashed Bronco so I can get it immediately and then fix the scratch myself....BRILLIANT! Plenty of $ to be made that way, and quickly too.
No, the insurance company does that. Once they pay a claim on the vehicle they claim the wreck as salvage and typically auction it off. In this case since the vehicle was never titled it will likely never be eligible for a title (in the US anyway), but sold "whole for parts" on a bill of sale. I know used car dealers that buy lots of these, junkyards too

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The level of entitlement i see in these forums is mind blowing.
Why does everyone cry about this shit.
Gentlemen, Jeff is a friend of mine, and he has been waiting for seven (7) months for clarity on a vehicle that was BUILT in July 2021... within the first 30 days of Bronco production.

Although many others here have been waiting for a while, too, very few cases come anywhere close to the level of BS that Jeff has dealt with on this particular vehicle.

Please let the man vent a little and leave the nonconstructive commentary unsaid. Thanks for your consideration.

Sponsored

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bonkers.

tho what does ā€œdealer owns manufacturing titleā€? Iā€™m betting you donā€™t actually have any ownership claim, but maybe the dealer does depending on their contract with ford though Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a rider that stipulates what ford can do in the event of damage before delivery to dealer.
I believe they're referring the the MSO/MCO (manufacturers statement/certificate of origin). It's the actual title to the vehicle. Not that certificate of title bs. That makes you think you actually own your vehicle. It's the title.

BadK22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco '92 Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you prepay for this bronco?? Sign anything? If not, they can do whatever they want with it. Its not yours until you take delivery on itā€¦ if you read the agreement when you make a reservation it doesnt even guarantee you get a vehicleā€¦ they arent sitting around worried about how to compensate you either. The level of entitlement i see in these forums is mind blowing.
Hilarious comment coming from someone who had to wait a whole 3 weeks for their Bronco to be delivered. Must have really been stressed, which is why you feel the need to be so rude to others who you cannot relate to.

Ford Bronco You will NOT believe this. Grab a drink.... 1645123951098

Last edited:
OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hilarious comment coming from someone who had to wait a whole 3 weeks for their Bronco to be delivered. Must have really been stressed which is why you feel the need to be so rude to others who you cannot relate to.

Yeah, we only know what we know. If you don't know about Dirt Mtn, you think 3 week wait is hideous. Which is why we need to remember to be kind to everyone, they're all carrying shit that we don't know.....

Tunagates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dude.

(No other words - just crazy)
Hilarious comment coming from someone who had to wait a whole 3 weeks for their Bronco to be delivered. Must have really been stressed, which is why you feel the need to be so rude to others who you cannot relate to.

Yeah manā€¦ and i didnt bust his chops every day since my reservation date in July 2020 like 95% of people. Over the last 2 years Ive built a great relationship w my dealerā€¦ i get proactive texts, asked if i want to be in consideration for limited editions etc. i havent taken him up on those, but i do have a 2door basemansquatch on orderā€¦ cant wait for the manual. All im saying is a little empathy goes a long way. Peace and love.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy hell, my fellow July 19th build week friend !

Sponsored
OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the Case of the Missing Bronco from July 23 production and then mysteriously vanished.....

Turns out it got damaged somewhere somehow...and Ford, without legal authorization! sold it at auction! On Jan. 4. My dealer OWNS the manufacturing title to it!! So they are none too happy, and Ford told no one. The only reason we found out is that my VIN dropped off the palsapp yesterday. So the dealer started digging hard, only to learn this.

Ford. How can they sell something that isn't even legally theirs? And how can they not bother mentioning it, even to the dealer?? I wonder if we'd ever have known.

The good news is that now we know. AND I'll be getting a top priority 22 with hopefully a good engine and not sitting with stale fluids for 7 months. And Ford is trying to figure out what else to do to compensate me. So far, a free warranty woo hoo....

Crazy times, my friends.

About that bottle of whisky for being the very last.....? lol
That doesn't make much sense... Ford will pretty much repaint a whole vehicle or fix whatever if its damaged in transit... unless it was absolutely trashed.... like frame damage reconstructed title damaged. Also if the dealer didn't have the title its not really theirs... if they did, Ford couldn't go and sell it without a title, and if they somehow did, the dealership would have legal recourse... I think there is a lot you aren't being told by someone. This is just based off my experience with Ford and working for a Ford dealership in the sales department for a while. I could be totally wrong. You should run a carfax on the VIN number see if/when it was titled and registered... my .02

Wouldn't shock me if the dealership fired that bitch off to auction in the Fall to make some $$$... Still lots of questions and of course I'm speculating (quite a bit)... but it would be more probable than the damage and sale scenario.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would have to be very badly damaged. Most times the transport company will pay to have it repaired for the dealership.

BadK22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco '92 Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah manā€¦ and i didnt bust his chops every day since my reservation date in July 2020 like 95% of people. Over the last 2 years Ive built a great relationship w my dealerā€¦ i get proactive texts, asked if i want to be in consideration for limited editions etc. i havent taken him up on those, but i do have a 2door basemansquatch on orderā€¦ cant wait for the manual. All im saying is a little empathy goes a long way. Peace and love.
Not sure what your relationship with your dealer has to do with anything being discussed in this thread but congratulations.

I'm kind of thinking you don't know what empathy means. Because the only one lacking it in this thread is the individual who called the OP entitled. Practice what you preach.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.