Sponsored

You are simply not going to believe this.....unbelievable!!!!

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I took my two week old Bronco to the dealership today after discovering that my salesperson taped my temporary license to my rear view window on my soft top bronco and ruined it!!!! Yes, scotch tape ruined my rear window. My wife and I removed the temporary license after I picked up my plate at my dealership in Michigan. My wife and I yesterday finally decided to lightly wipe off the remnants of glue on the inside. Before we did that I said I hope the imprints on the outside come off. Nope THEY ARE PERMANENT. The dealer said they have to order the back part and install it again. He said the dealership sales staff received notification that they are not to tape a temporary tag to the back window. The service manager said it was being updated in the Ford bulletin system. Pictures really don't pick it up to post so that you can understand. But the service manager said it was unbelievable that such a small item would mar it. He said in all his days he can't believe it.........Please tell your dealer not to tape the temporary tag to the back window on a soft top. Now I have to wait 3 months to replace the back end.
duh, that's what the license plate holder on the rear bumper is for. morons
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I took my two week old Bronco to the dealership today after discovering that my salesperson taped my temporary license to my rear view window on my soft top bronco and ruined it!!!! Yes, scotch tape ruined my rear window. My wife and I removed the temporary license after I picked up my plate at my dealership in Michigan. My wife and I yesterday finally decided to lightly wipe off the remnants of glue on the inside. Before we did that I said I hope the imprints on the outside come off. Nope THEY ARE PERMANENT. The dealer said they have to order the back part and install it again. He said the dealership sales staff received notification that they are not to tape a temporary tag to the back window. The service manager said it was being updated in the Ford bulletin system. Pictures really don't pick it up to post so that you can understand. But the service manager said it was unbelievable that such a small item would mar it. He said in all his days he can't believe it.........Please tell your dealer not to tape the temporary tag to the back window on a soft top. Now I have to wait 3 months to replace the back end.
1st question to the sales moron should have been exactly how is the temp tag supposed to be visible when I put the top down if you install it in the rear window.

toddf125

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Hummer H2, 07 Dodgeram 3500 SRW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Novus Plastic Polishing Kit

B2047243-0B14-4162-99E1-F89C9508E419.jpeg

This 2-ounce Novus Plastic Polishing Kit is made to clean and restore plastics. The kit contains one 2-ounce Plastic Clean & Shine #1 bottle, one 2-ounce Fine Scratch Remover #2 bottle, one 2-ounce Heavy Scratch Remover #3, and one Polish Mates Pack containing Polish Mates. With the use of this kit, you can add life to plastics as well as keeping a new plastic look. Before attempting to clean or remove scratches, always make sure the plastic is cool to the touch. Use a liberal amount of plastic cleaner to safely remove surface dust and dirt. In addition, test scratch removers in a small or inconspicuous area for compatibility. Some plastics are coated with a thin film which may be damaged by the abrasives in the polish. NOVUS No. 2 and No. 3 Polishes are not recommended for use on coated plastics or eyeglass lenses. Here are just a few uses for Novus Polish: DVD's, Video Games, CD's, Auto Headlamps, Interiors, Gauges, Chrome, & Acrylic Paints, Microwave Oven Doors, Decorator Acrylic Refrigerator Panels, Motorcycle Windscreens, Visors, Fairings & Helmets, Snowmobile Windshields, Helmets, & Hoods, Acrylic Hot Tubs & Spas, Boat Windows & Fiberglass, Salad Bar Sneeze Guards, Emergency Vehicle Light Bar Lens Covers, Plastic Storm Windows & Skylights, Collapsible Windows on Convertibles & Sport Utility Vehicles, Turntable Dust Covers, Stereo Faceplates, Acrylic, Fiberglass or Cultured Marble Tubs, Showers & Counters, Acrylic Aquariums, Telephones, Pagers, Scanners, Acrylic Trophies & Awards, Plastic Display Cases & Signs, Gauges & Instrument Control Panels, Safety shields & Goggles, Airplane Windows, Video Games, Pinball Machines & Jukeboxes, Copiers and Fax Machines, Acrylic Furniture, Cash Registers & Calculators, Acrylic on Tanning Beds.
I was going to post about this product but you beat me to it! Have used this product forever on my Jeep sift top windows as well as all of my motorcycle windshields and helmet visors. Works great on instrument bezels as well!!! I always use new microfiber polish towels too.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easy fix....DON"T BUY A SOFT TOP!! Problem solved...you are welcome!! Next?

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
duh, that's what the license plate holder on the rear bumper is for. morons
Before you call anybody a moron you should do a little research. Not all states are the same. Some states the temp tags aren't built to go on the bumper. Some states are made to be placed inside windshield and back window. They are bigger and a sheet of paper with 2 adhesive strips made on them to stick to the inside of windows. I am from one of those states.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Before you call anybody a moron you should do a little research. Not all states are the same. Some states the temp tags aren't built to go on the bumper. Some states are made to be placed inside windshield and back window. They are bigger and a sheet of paper with 2 adhesive strips made on them to stick to the inside of windows. I am from one of those states.
when the top is down and when you get a ticket for not having the tag displayed when the top is down , try telling that to the cop that pulled you over and the Judge when you try and fight the ticket. Good luck!

and Yes only an idiot or a moron would Tape tag to a plastic/vinyl window

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
when the top is down and when you get a ticket for not having the tag displayed when the top is down , try telling that to the cop that pulled you over and the Judge when you try and fight the ticket. Good luck!

and Yes only an idiot or a moron would Tape tag to a plastic/vinyl window
In my state that is where it goes and they won't give you a ticket for the top being down. You still have the one on the windshield and the paperwork to show you bought it and you have 30 days. They will however give you a ticket for being a "idiot" or "moron" for having the top up without having it on your back window. They really don't care if your thoughts are that your a moron by taping it on. They think your the moron by not having it. Like I said not all states are the same and you have to abide by YOUR state.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
As much as I hate the government using the cops as revenue enhancement, I doubt that even I would go to court over a $10 "fixit" ticket for not properly displaying a temp tag.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
In Minnesota, they no longer put something in the back window. instead, they now have paper license plates for temporary tags.

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is I used goo gone and it cleaned it up right away. Sorry to hear that.

OP
OP

Yodar Crutch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is I used goo gone and it cleaned it up right away. Sorry to hear that.
Thanksā€¦. Stuff inside came off itā€™s the outer window that is permanently marredā€¦ that is why it is so unbelievableā€¦.the inside is fine but there are 4 noticeable marks where the tape wasā€¦ even the dealer said it was ruinedā€¦. Itā€™s just so bizarre

OP
OP

Yodar Crutch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes but why would scotch tape ruin the top in the first place is the point of his post. What the hell are they making the window out of? Soy curd?
Thank youā€¦. All these mean comments.: tape ruined the window it wasnā€™t my fault ā€¦ it is mind boggling šŸ˜ƒ
Sponsored