E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious to understand the value of mounting the iphone on the dash/rail when car play works very well. Aside from watching a movie or doing email.
I just want a place for my phone to live while driving. Android Auto is great, but I still need to access my phone sometimes(old habits maybe, still learning AA). The wireless charging pad is practically useless, and if I keep that area open just for my phone, I am loosing storage space for other things.
Sponsored

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's not too bad although I do prefer a more minimalist magnetic mount where the mount disappears behind the phone. Thank you for sending.

How is the visibility with basically a 3rd A-pillar since the mirror is so low.
I used a ball mount + cell holder that can be turned portrait or landscape, so in portrait it was basically a pillar going up to the mirror. On a 2,300 mile road trip it never bothered me visibility-wise. I'm with you, though. I'd like to find a mount that holds landscape where the bottom edge of the phone is just above the BAM-BYODR.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well we've made it to December @EIGHTLUG , when are these going to start to ship out? You should even have the fancy boxes by now. Still hoping this will beat my Bronco to my door, so it's ready to install as soon as I take delivery.
Anodized rail parts are inbound. We’re prepping boxes today and probably every day from here on out for BAM orders. Lots of boxes….

Rockdawg84

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4RUNNER, 96 F350 CC 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anodized rail parts are inbound. We’re prepping boxes today and probably every day from here on out for BAM orders. Lots of boxes….
Thank you for all your work on these. Excited to outfit my bronco

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Car Play actually sucks quite bad in the Bronco using Sync4. The integration into Sync4 for Teams, Zoom and regular phone calls often have a 70% failure rate where you cannot control the muting, hearing the meeting through the speakers or significant background noise (my biggest pet peeve) even when not driving.

The rail system for me will provide a mount point for a GMRS base station, tablet running OnXOff-road (since Ford can't seem to get their act together on their performance app) and (2) phone mounts - driver and passenger. All of which will be powered by the LUX package outlet using a USB hub which will be under-mounted on this rail system.

I personally am QUITE excited to receive my rail. Hoping it comes in the next few weeks.
While I have not tried most of what you mentioned, for me the carplay (wireless or otherwise) was great. In fact far superior to my 4Runner I traded in. At least for navigation apps and music. I'm having fun in my Bronco, no Zoom meetings allowed!

Sponsored

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@EIGHTLUG -I glad you had a safe trip back after picking up your Bronco. I have a bronze BYOB on order if it’s possible could I have black screws sent with it if not to late.

Do you think that the carbon Molle panels could be made for under the back seat since it is lifted off the floor looks as if they could be mounted on the supports? Just a thought been thinking of places to mount gear. I’m still part of the #novingang.

Again thank you
Rocky ie Gettyup

Blue32

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
AR | BAM BYODR (Billet Aluminum Modular Bring Your Own Device Rail)

Here are your saucy renders of the three standard colors on the two rail designs. We have Picatinny available in Graphite Black, Tech Bronze, and Tumbled Matte Clear.

Pricing... Everyone wants to know what this sweet piece of kit will cost.

$275.00 shipped. BRONCO6G members will get 20% off ($220)! If you want in on the pre-purchase, before it's on the website or available anywhere else, here's what I'll need you to do. The parts won't be available outside of BRONCO6G until after November 5th or after SEMA wraps up.

Step 1: Reply to this thread with 'SEND IT' and I'll add you to the list on Post #2. Your place on the list isn't necessarily the order you will be receiving your AR | BAM BYODR, because they will be produced in bulk and orders fulfilled as they roll out of anodizing.

Step 2: PM me with your (actual) name, shipping address, and email. Also include the color and rail type you desire. I'll email you with a custom invoice with the BRONCO6G Member Discount applied. This will be applicable to 2 uses. I can go to 3, 4, or even 5 if you have that many BRONCOS. I know some of you will have more than one Bronco. This is also a way to grow the community and drive traffic to the website. This offer will also be available to all existing and new BRONCO6G members, beyond November 5th.

black-pic-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

black-pic-jpg-jpg.jpg

bronze-pic-jpg-jpg.jpg

bronze-pic-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

raw-pic-jpg-jpg.jpg

raw-pic-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

-Smooth Rail Option-

There's also the smooth rail option. Same colors are available.
Graphite Black, Tech Bronze, and Tumbled Matte Clear.

Being that the entire unit is modular, you'll be able to order one rail smooth and one rail Picatinny, if you so desire. In the end, it was just easier to produce the two rails separately. As always, we appreciate the support!

black-smooth-jpg-jpg.jpg

black-smooth-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

bronze-smooth-jpg-jpg.jpg

bronze-smooth-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

raw-smooth-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

raw-smooth-jpg-jpg.jpg

C85C9F70-22AE-4D21-95BF-DA049B4707B8.jpeg

A936583E-9E95-42BF-A002-2FC235DCDC85.jpeg

B95A3FA0-03D1-46BF-A174-829B2F44F254.jpeg

801C1C1E-48E3-422E-A7E3-A0A24A5BF73C.jpeg

799E1A27-B870-4476-8F23-497226454DC9.jpeg
SEND IT!

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can anybody explain how the ends of these mount into the dash? I see those divot areas on my dash but they're solid plastic, like not a cap or anything so ... how does that work? Don't tell me it's part of the Lux package. I have a badlands high pack. What am I missing here? thx in advance

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can anybody explain how the ends of these mount into the dash? I see those divot areas on my dash but they're solid plastic, like not a cap or anything so ... how does that work? Don't tell me it's part of the Lux package. I have a badlands high pack. What am I missing here? thx in advance
Nothing but tension and gravity in this design. I am going to 3M/VHB tape the ends on mine for added rigidity and so it doesn't rattle.
The 67Designs Broncorail uses self tapping screws at the ends into the dash if I remember correctly. I'll stick with the 3M/VHB.

Sponsored

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing but tension and gravity in this design. I am going to 3M/VHB tape the ends on mine for added rigidity and so it doesn't rattle.
The 67Designs Broncorail uses self tapping screws at the ends into the dash if I remember correctly. I'll stick with the 3M/VHB.
so ford hypes up a rail.. doesn't even give us one.. then only allows a single center mount? lol TF? I live in Phoenix... tape up there is useless.
Alright... thanks for the intel.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so ford hypes up a rail.. doesn't even give us one.. then only allows a single center mount? lol TF? I live in Phoenix... tape up there is useless.
3M VHB tape is good up to 200 or 300 degrees, should hold up fine for just keeping the ends secured to the dash.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

3M VHB tape is good up to 200 or 300 degrees, should hold up fine for just keeping the ends secured to the dash.
*laughs in Phoenix*

echoing what @RynoRanger said. some stuff deals well with heat, some with excessive UV. hardly anything can truly deal with what Phoenix can dish out.

Everything is worth a try though

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The AR | BAM naturally uses the center mount point that's provided. Once in place, the center mount bracket floats just above the dash mount location. As you tighten the hardware, preload is added to the outboard mounts. The 'feet' index on the recesses on the left and right positions of the dash to mitigate rotation. I took the rail on a 1,250+ mile inaugural trip and there were zero rattles or vibrations to report.

Sure, outboard mount locations would have been welcomed. It may happen in later model years. If it does, we'll be there to produce another amazing design.
Sponsored