Sponsored

PPF Film - Who's done it and what material?

BroncoBLCG

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So who's done it and what material. I've used Xpel in the past on a Camaro.

A local shop in town is saying they are using 3M vs Xpel same 10yr warrant.

The other option is to have custom cut.

Local company is saying 1600 for front / 4300 for full. seem pricey considering I'm just looking for doors /hood I dont even care about the top.
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Local company is saying 1600 for front / 4300 for full. seem pricey considering I'm just looking for doors /hood I dont even care about the top.

I have the 3M partial from Ford and I think I'm going to take it off and wrap the front in XPEL. Grille, Lights, Hood and Front Fenders. $1500. Whole vehicle is 6k which I just can't do. I put the gatorbacks on my bronco to help with no debris and rocks flying up on doors. It seems to really protect the sides and they look good just expensive but less than wrapping the whole vehicle. Getting polish/ceramic coat on vehicle for $1200 then I'm done and it is going to be driven!

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im getting the 3M full, for $3500, hopefully this week. Just has to finish the GT he is wrapping.

Slacker93

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I had my front clip with mirrors, the rocker panels, up the doors to the crease about 6 inches up, and the rear fenders. Then the whole thing was ceramic coated with the 2 coats/5 year silver I think. They used Premium Shield (https://premiumshield.com/) and it cost me $3100 total. $2300 for the PPF and $800 for the ceramic. They wanted an extra $1000 for each door and I could not swallow that.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im getting the 3M full, for $3500, hopefully this week. Just has to finish the GT he is wrapping.
Is the 3m self healing like the XPEL. I saw the installer take a wire brush across a Porsche hood that had XPEL on it scratching it and then he poured hot water on it and it was good as new. Crazy!

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the 3M partial from Ford and I think I'm going to take it off and wrap the front in XPEL. Grille, Lights, Hood and Front Fenders. $1500. Whole vehicle is 6k which I just can't do. I put the gatorbacks on my bronco to help with no debris and rocks flying up on doors. It seems to really protect the sides and they look good just expensive but less than wrapping the whole vehicle. Getting polish/ceramic coat on vehicle for $1200 then I'm done and it is going to be driven!
Do you have any photos of your Bronco with the Gatorbacks?

So I had my front clip with mirrors, the rocker panels, up the doors to the crease about 6 inches up, and the rear fenders. Then the whole thing was ceramic coated with the 2 coats/5 year silver I think. They used Premium Shield (https://premiumshield.com/) and it cost me $3100 total. $2300 for the PPF and $800 for the ceramic. They wanted an extra $1000 for each door and I could not swallow that.
$1k for a frameless door is absolutely nuts.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry raining like crazy here is Seattle so in garage. They are nice and have the hole for rock rails. Took an hour or 2 to install all 4. I think it looks good with the black and silver.

PXL_20211206_231319520.MP.jpg

PXL_20211206_231304333.MP.jpg

Slacker93

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Yeah they were great to work with but I thought that was crazy and even told them they can take the doors off and maybe work in a better position so it should be easier install and they stuck to the story that it was a lot of work and that was a good price. They did the back fenders for $150 each side.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the 3m self healing like the XPEL. I saw the installer take a wire brush across a Porsche hood that had XPEL on it scratching it and then he poured hot water on it and it was good as new. Crazy!
Yes Atleast the one I’m getting is. 10 yr warranty and self healing. The place I’m getting it from does Xpel too.

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

My installer put Xpel on full hood, full front fenders, piece between bumper and grille, the windshield surround, and the door sills for around $1700.

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it has exterior paint on my 2 door, it's been covered with Xpel. Also had them run it on the inside door sills up about 6 inches, ceramic tint on both doors, paint correction prior to application, and ceramic coat the film and wheels. Out the door was $4,500 which included tax. Denver Xpel dealer threw a number at me that was just short of $10k. Dealer pricing seems to have a lot of variation. Check a dealer in a smaller market if the numbers you are getting aren't to your liking. I'm pleased as punch at the job ColorAuto did in Junction.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

XPEL Stealth on the entire Bronco, XPEL on door sills, XPEL tint on front windows. $3000 for everything. Installer did a fantastic job, removed emblems to avoid cut-outs, deleted door handle cuts.

OP
OP

BroncoBLCG

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
XPEL Stealth on the entire Bronco, XPEL on door sills, XPEL tint on front windows. $3000 for everything. Installer did a fantastic job, removed emblems to avoid cut-outs, deleted door handle cuts.
Is this installer in California? ;)