Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What was bizarre to me as I was sitting across from the sales guy and I told him that the markup was too excessive and it would not work and he went to get the manager they made no adjustments or even attempted to find out from me what pricing I could work with or afford. After a back-and-forth he just said ā€œif you canā€™t buy it then donā€™tā€ . I replied ā€œthatā€™s not cool I built this vehicle but youā€™re telling me if I donā€™t pay $82,000 for it thereā€™s no way Iā€™m getting itā€ The gm sent me a list of comps in the area that were selling for over 79,000 and said thereā€™s no way he can go less than market value. Around 2 oā€™clock on Tuesday I countered with 64,000 because thatā€™s when I went to the dealership prepared to pay with a little wiggle room of Cours but he never countered even before all this started. Iā€™ve bought over 10 vehicles in my lifetime already I have never had a dealership not at least try to sell me a vehicle and I have never bought a vehicle at Msrp itā€™s always been below. Every conversation we had though the one thing that kept coming up was the fact that he didnā€™t want to sell it to me for a price that left me any wiggle room to make a profit if I was to resell it. I couldnā€™t figure out how that was relevant to my purchase.
As soon as you countered with anything other than MSRP they know they have won. They now know that you will pay more. Either way they have won.

NorthCoast

Outer Banks
First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Freedom Edition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had a similar experience with a dealership in Ohio. Ordered my Big Bend, was given a printout with a breakdown of the pricing, which we both signed. They hit me with some OUTRAGEOUS $650.00 monthly payment on a lease (even though the initial print-out said $388/mo with the criteria we entered at the time of the order). I told the salesman that I can do math and this is out of control - I'm paying half that on a leased Wrangler that had a higher sticker price - he just shrugged and was like "oh well, if you don't want it, we will sell it to someone else". The only way the numbers would have made sense would be if they put a $20,000 markup on it (or were giving it like a 40% residual), but they wouldn't even show me a breakdown of how they arrived to these figures. They didn't even let me test drive it or even see it before talking numbers, which I thought was a huge red flag from the start and should have walked out then. So, it turns out I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone who knows everyone - I found out they had promised a friend of a friend the Bronco that I had ordered and she paid $10,000 over MSRP. She actually signed for it and drove away that morning before I even went to the dealership - which is why they wouldn't show it to me because they didn't even have it! (By the way, it is supposedly illegal in Ohio to sell an ordered vehicle to someone else, but what am I going to do about it?)

I walked and re-ordered with another dealership so back at the start. This time I ordered an OBX, will stand pat with the hardtop and however long it takes, it takes. I'll probably buy instead of lease (which I NEVER buy a vehicle, I like getting a new one every 3 years - but this time around I like the Bronco enough I don't think I'll get sick of it).

The thing is, no matter how excited WE may be about a Bronco, there are only so many people in this world who are willing to over-pay for a novelty vehicle like this. Once that customer base is exhausted and things are more back to "normal" with this whole supply chain / chip crisis, etc, this price gouging is going to have to stop - or we may even see lots with 20+ Broncos lined up going for $10,000 off MSRP (wishful thinking). I'll just be happy to pay the price that is listed on the printout my new dealership gave me when I ordered my OBX when it comes. We will see what happens.

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get the feeling OP has given up...

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was bizarre to me as I was sitting across from the sales guy and I told him that the markup was too excessive and it would not work and he went to get the manager they made no adjustments or even attempted to find out from me what pricing I could work with or afford. After a back-and-forth he just said ā€œif you canā€™t buy it then donā€™tā€ . I replied ā€œthatā€™s not cool I built this vehicle but youā€™re telling me if I donā€™t pay $82,000 for it thereā€™s no way Iā€™m getting itā€ The gm sent me a list of comps in the area that were selling for over 79,000 and said thereā€™s no way he can go less than market value. Around 2 oā€™clock on Tuesday I countered with 64,000 because thatā€™s when I went to the dealership prepared to pay with a little wiggle room of Cours but he never countered even before all this started.
What a piece of shit dealership. That makes zero sense to take that tactic on a vehicle with the VIN you were promised

BigRed13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just an idea, they use an outside service for their online chat. So yesterday while at work I opened their webpage in the background and just used up their time by asking them their opinions on dealerships marking up vehicles that were ordered through them. Obviously the conversation ends right about that point, but just re-click and on to the next person to waste their time. Nothing hard for me to do while I sit here and do paperwork most of the day today.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No just venting . I made a video outlining everything last night I was talking fast and it was freaking 20 minutes long.
Go peek at what @iamchewby did for ya on the next door Jake Owen thread šŸ˜‰

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Went to my dealer today with my deposit and financing to pick up my bronco after waiting 12 months only for them tell me that the sticker price of 57500 that ford sent me in email is not what the vehicle is available for, and the actual cost is now $82000 take it or leave it. This can't be right. pretty upset especially after all the hype. i even convinced my wife of all the family trips a trail rides we can all go on.
Iā€™m so sorry, that this stuff continues to happen. I hope that you get it at MSRP in the end, itā€™s only right.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Had a similar experience with a dealership in Ohio. Ordered my Big Bend, was given a printout with a breakdown of the pricing, which we both signed. They hit me with some OUTRAGEOUS $650.00 monthly payment on a lease (even though the initial print-out said $388/mo with the criteria we entered at the time of the order). I told the salesman that I can do math and this is out of control - I'm paying half that on a leased Wrangler that had a higher sticker price - he just shrugged and was like "oh well, if you don't want it, we will sell it to someone else". The only way the numbers would have made sense would be if they put a $20,000 markup on it (or were giving it like a 40% residual), but they wouldn't even show me a breakdown of how they arrived to these figures. They didn't even let me test drive it or even see it before talking numbers, which I thought was a huge red flag from the start and should have walked out then. So, it turns out I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone who knows everyone - I found out they had promised a friend of a friend the Bronco that I had ordered and she paid $10,000 over MSRP. She actually signed for it and drove away that morning before I even went to the dealership - which is why they wouldn't show it to me because they didn't even have it! (By the way, it is supposedly illegal in Ohio to sell an ordered vehicle to someone else, but what am I going to do about it?)

I walked and re-ordered with another dealership so back at the start. This time I ordered an OBX, will stand pat with the hardtop and however long it takes, it takes. I'll probably buy instead of lease (which I NEVER buy a vehicle, I like getting a new one every 3 years - but this time around I like the Bronco enough I don't think I'll get sick of it).

The thing is, no matter how excited WE may be about a Bronco, there are only so many people in this world who are willing to over-pay for a novelty vehicle like this. Once that customer base is exhausted and things are more back to "normal" with this whole supply chain / chip crisis, etc, this price gouging is going to have to stop - or we may even see lots with 20+ Broncos lined up going for $10,000 off MSRP (wishful thinking). I'll just be happy to pay the price that is listed on the printout my new dealership gave me when I ordered my OBX when it comes. We will see what happens.
I think this may be a strategy that the stealers are adopting. My rig was delivered on a thurs and I waited for the call and never got it. On sun when they were closed I drove over and physically laid hands on it. Then when I called them on tues the following week I had to make an "appointment" to go talk about what I thought was my truck. When I arrived the bronco was no where to be found so I'm assuming they had no intention of selling me a vehicle that from Ford had my name all over it.... with that info the dealer said "so"? whats your point... all dealers are charging an ADM. luckily I found an honest dealer about an hours drive but my deal is for msrp and its all in writing.... although it sucks sometimes its better just to walk away....

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FORD I will not buy another vehicle from you, step up do the right thing get involved! Funk Warren Buffett, funk Berkshire Hathaway Automotive. Who own more stock in Ford?