Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco December 2021 Sales & Production Highlights
  • Bronco Sales: 9,168 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 35,023 vehicles.
    • December sales represent a 10.6% increase over November.
  • Bronco Production: 10,851 vehicles. Production (YTD): 54,562 vehicles.
    • December production represents a 3.3% increase over November.
  • Bronco in-transit inventory is up 14.4% over November.

2021 Ford Bronco December Sales and Production Figures 4.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco December Sales and Production Figures 3.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco December Sales and Production Figures 2.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco December Sales and Production Figures 1.jpg
A graphic presentation of the data as I understand it:

Ford Bronco 📈 Bronco December 2021 Sales & Production Numbers: 9,168 Sold / 10,851 Produced 1641404963157

Some points:

* I have estimated Canadian monthly sales (note the Ford numbers are U.S. Sales). Canadian numbers are only released quarterly and the Q4 numbers are not out yet. I used a fixed percent of U.S. sales based on September. For reference, Canadian sales were about 500 units in September and I estimated 1,100 for October, 1,200 for November and about 1,400 for December.

* The black line is the monthly change in gross stocks; in my mind these represent dealer orders and mannequins. Gross stocks were 8,600 at the end of December.

* Still about 5,700 unaccounted for; these might be largely and plausibly explained by units produced but not shipped, units in shipment and units received at the dealer but not sold yet.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting that over 19000 are produced and unsold. Be curious how many of these are dealer mannequins, unsold units on lots, in transit retail units, and ford company demos, etc. This breakdown would be interesting to see.
Don't forget Canadian Sales numbers. 8,600 dealer stock.

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All those Broncos being built and Granger is talking 2023/2024 to clear out their reservations. :(

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still not near "full production speed", but, at that rate they should be able to build 100K Broncos in 2022. So WHY has it been said that some in the 100K backlog of early reservation holders still may not receive their Bronco in 2022? Are we not being told something? Or are those buildable walk-in orders going to eat into the pie???
Craig, that would fall under "Ford doesn't give a shit" about reservation holders. After promising they would build in order of time stamp (which was hurt by the flu, and constraints) Ford bowed to the whiny ass big dealers that got out manuvered. Ford changed the allocation formula from weighing how many Bronco reservations a dealer has, to how many Bronco Sports a dealer sold along with some other BS that put the ball in the mega dealers court. This hurt smaller dealers like Granger, Stephens, and Chapman that attracted reservations with reasonable prices. So, now customers of smaller dealers will be strung out until maybe '24 because those dealers can't get the allocation they need.

"Let's Go Ford"

Watch that line get me banned.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be nice to know updated #s of what % have converted to orders and how many are still 99ed waiting for a hard top in '23. I am especially interested as someone who didn't reserve and order until literally a week before the res. cut off date.

My guess is I am maybe 1/3-1/2 way to getting mine, but if they can keep producing close to 12k a month I imagine mine should go into production by mid-June.
Knowing how many hard tops can be made per month is a critical detail. Ford appears to be quickly running out of soft top orders. How quickly Ford can build the remaining orders and guesstimating build dates is going to depend on the hard top build rate.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Knowing how many hard tops can be made per month is a critical detail. Ford appears to be quickly running out of soft top orders. How quickly Ford can build the remaining orders and guesstimating build dates is going to depend on the hard top build rate.
Dave, not that it's gonna help me as I'm a Granger customer. But we caved and dropped the MIC from our order, but kept the 2.7L & LUX (there's 2 sins right there). So, I moved those waiting on the MIC up one spot. :)

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All those Broncos being built and Granger is talking 2023/2024 to clear out their reservations. :(
Yep, all those Broncos being built, and I am a 7/14 reservation in the first third of my dealer’s allocation for 2021 (versus being outside the allocation at Stephen’s and Chapman at time of order in March 2021), and I still don’t have a scheduled build date.

We’re all impatiently screwed—about 85,000 of us—many well within the 2021 allocation at their respective dealers. Ford is pretty much screwed in trying to help us too, because of this crap top they (and their bumbling supplier) tried to get innovative on.

Continues to suck …

LQDCRJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F250 4X4 NOW, 1990 FORD BRONCO BEFORE THAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree. It would be interesting to know how many of the roughly 125,000 original reservation holders who converted to an order have taken delivery. Maybe 35,000? It's no wonder my 7/20/20 reservation is still not scheduled.
MY 7/19 ORDER IS STILL NOT BUILT, BUT DIDNT CHANGE TO GET IT SOONER

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

"We've barely made a dent in our backlog of orders made through the reservation process, but let's go ahead and ship some of the few Broncos we've built this year to the Middle East". -FoMoCo

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It...was a joke, hence the '/s'

Another post a few weeks ago referenced that roughly 91,000 broncos were built this year, which the entire forum gave a solid side-eye to. That's what my post was referring to. Another fine person suggested that 91,000 refers to broncos + sports, which is also clearly malarkey, as by that fine PDF that you included, broncos + sports is about 143000 units. I guess that equates to 91,000, by Price is Right rules or something?

tl;dr it was a joke.

Enginerd39

Badlands
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A graphic presentation of the data as I understand it:

1641404963157.png

Some points:

* I have estimated Canadian monthly sales (note the Ford numbers are U.S. Sales). Canadian numbers are only released quarterly and the Q4 numbers are not out yet. I used a fixed percent of U.S. sales based on September. For reference, Canadian sales were about 500 units in September and I estimated 1,100 for October, 1,200 for November and about 1,400 for December.

* The black line is the monthly change in gross stocks; in my mind these represent dealer orders and mannequins. Gross stocks were 8,600 at the end of December.

* Still about 5,700 unaccounted for; these might be largely and plausibly explained by units produced but not shipped, units in shipment and units received at the dealer but not sold yet.

The graphs are very appreciated, my friend. Looks like a fairly healthy ramp-up in my opinion, if you look past the production hiccups in September/October. The fact that they produced more Broncos this month than November even with the holiday plant shutdown is definitely a good sign for capability. I would be willing to bet parts are by far the limiting constraint over optimal assembly line speed, given the November to December comparison. Source: I explain graphs for a living lol

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It...was a joke, hence the '/s'

Another post a few weeks ago referenced that roughly 91,000 broncos were built this year, which the entire forum gave a solid side-eye to. That's what my post was referring to. Another fine person suggested that 91,000 refers to broncos + sports, which is also clearly malarkey, as by that fine PDF that you included, broncos + sports is about 143000 units. I guess that equates to 91,000, by Price is Right rules or something?

tl;dr it was a joke.
Sorry my friend! Facts are hard to come by! A speedy giddy up pony to you!

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The graphs are very appreciated, my friend. Looks like a fairly healthy ramp-up in my opinion, if you look past the production hiccups in September/October. The fact that they produced more Broncos this month than November even with the holiday plant shutdown is definitely a good sign for capability. I would be willing to bet parts are by far the limiting constraint over optimal assembly line speed, given the November to December comparison. Source: I explain graphs for a living lol
I appreciate the professional feedback! I think we can be comfortable that 10,000 per month is the “constrained” production number vs plant capacity. I’m a 8/23/20 res so hoping for May/June???
Sponsored