Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hen as you
o tS

So the warranty would be void based on the above.
I believe that Ford could void warranty based on us programming with Forscan. They may or may not decide to, but ultimately the bean counters have shareholders to answer to so you can’t take someone’s word on the internet about how they will react to modding. If someone has zero tolerance for risk they should avoid it.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hen as you
o tS

So the warranty would be void based on the above.
Nope, that’s the exact opposite of what you would assume based on the above. Ford can’t “void” the warranty. They are required to honor the warranty unless the specific mod causes the specific problem that the claim is based on. Even their own language designed to provide as little as possible says that exact thing:

The installation or use of any aftermarket product will not necessarily void the New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Ford Protect Extended Service coverage.

However, if the aftermarket product fails or causes a Ford Motor Company part to fail, the cost of the repair and any related damage(s) are not covered by either the Ford New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Ford Protect Extended Service coverage.

Now reality: Ford covers almost all claims. They cover them unless they can clearly see the issue was caused by the mod. They don’t leverage “their army of lawyers” against customers with individual warranty claims. All of that talk is just silly ridiculous banter, not based on the law, Ford’s own language, or reality of how they handle claims.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, that’s the exact opposite of what you would assume based on the above. Ford can’t “void” the warranty. They are required to honor the warranty unless the specific mod causes the specific problem that the claim is based on. Even their own language designed to provide as little as possible says that exact thing:

The installation or use of any aftermarket product will not necessarily void the New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Ford Protect Extended Service coverage.

However, if the aftermarket product fails or causes a Ford Motor Company part to fail, the cost of the repair and any related damage(s) are not covered by either the Ford New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Ford Protect Extended Service coverage.

Now reality: Ford covers almost all claims. They cover them unless they can clearly see the issue was caused by the mod. They don’t leverage “their army of lawyers” against customers with individual warranty claims. All of that talk is just silly ridiculous banter, not based on the law, Ford’s own language, or reality of how they handle claims.
This is what we are discussing. My dealer have told me the same. If you tamper with the truck and it fails due to your tamper then you are SOL.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what we are discussing. My dealer have told me the same. If you tamper with the truck and it fails due to your tamper then you are SOL.
Exactly. Only if it causes the failure. Nothing is voided when you make a mod.

Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adding something like Sport Mode isn't an aftermarket product. It was developed by Ford to be used in our Broncos.
I agree with this that these are all "modes" developed by FORD and randomly subtracted certain ones from certain models. So all you are doing is adding a mode actually developed by Ford themselves. Just my 2 cents...

jbryant

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried to add Sport Mode today. I have the OBD connection, the Forscan software. I added D to ABS 760-04-03 module. Everything seemed to be working correctly. Then I get the below message...
Read Block #1
Read Block #2
Read Block #3
Read Block #4
Service procedure has been interrupted
It stopped doing anything at that point. I cycled the rig on and off and tried again. Same result.
What am I doing wrong?

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried to add Sport Mode today. I have the OBD connection, the Forscan software. I added D to ABS 760-04-03 module. Everything seemed to be working correctly. Then I get the below message...
Read Block #1
Read Block #2
Read Block #3
Read Block #4
Service procedure has been interrupted
It stopped doing anything at that point. I cycled the rig on and off and tried again. Same result.
What am I doing wrong?
You should have added B

ABS760-04-03xxxxxxxxx*--B = Sport Mode

Jaymanire

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nissan Armada Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should have added B

ABS760-04-03xxxxxxxxx*--B = Sport Mode
I just tried to add Sport mode as well to MY22 Badlands w/ Sas. I got the same result and message as jbryant. The procedure is interrupted at 80%. I used 'B', not 'D', as instructed in the spreadsheet. I have no idea why it won't work. I was able to disable the double honk, auto start/stop and increase steering wheel temp. Did Ford do something to prevent adding Sport Mode on '22 models?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Adding something like Sport Mode isn't an aftermarket product. It was developed by Ford to be used in our Broncos.
And more to the point, you are not adding anything, just re-enabling it.

Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just tried to add Sport mode as well to MY22 Badlands w/ Sas. I got the same result and message as jbryant. The procedure is interrupted at 80%. I used 'B', not 'D', as instructed in the spreadsheet. I have no idea why it won't work. I was able to disable the double honk, auto start/stop and increase steering wheel temp. Did Ford do something to prevent adding Sport Mode on '22 models?
Watching this as I am expecting my MY22 Badlands at the end of March. Already bought the adapter for it. 🤞hoping one of you guys figure it out.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting. Glad I already did my 2021 WT. Wonder if it will disappear in the future for me? Or is this just s Sport Mode thing?

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was able to add Baja mode but was having trouble with others such as the double honk. I kept getting the same error. I'm going to hook it up again though to see if it only let's you do one per session.

stanger1944

Base
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F150, 16 F150, 2010 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I found this. Some say no need in adding mud/ruts or rock crawl to base non sasquatch because no locker but base has sand mode which according to this chart lockers are locked. So is there any advantage to adding modes that require lockers on non squatch Bronco?
FB_IMG_1643641559873.jpg

stanger1944

Base
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F150, 16 F150, 2010 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also I have heard this is not working on 22 models. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Sponsored