Sponsored

PPF Film - Who's done it and what material?

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the 3M partial from Ford and I think I'm going to take it off and wrap the front in XPEL. Grille, Lights, Hood and Front Fenders. $1500. Whole vehicle is 6k which I just can't do. I put the gatorbacks on my bronco to help with no debris and rocks flying up on doors. It seems to really protect the sides and they look good just expensive but less than wrapping the whole vehicle. Getting polish/ceramic coat on vehicle for $1200 then I'm done and it is going to be driven!
There is a guy in Port Orchard that will do the ceramic for $250 , he did my FE love it. PM me if you want his number. He is going to do a full buff /ceramic coat/ detail interior /scotch guard the works $500 he knows its black on my truck next and 22 years old, he says no problem.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is a guy in Port Orchard that will do the ceramic for $250 , he did my FE love it. PM me if you want his number. He is going to do a full buff /ceramic coat/ detail interior /scotch guard the works $500 he knows its black on my truck next and 22 years old, he says no problem.
Thank you. Took it first to someone that had all 5 starts in Seattle. Young guy that was super nice but couldn't get the black paint polished enough so he gave up and called me to pick it up and said it was too much work and he originally wanted $1200. Never had that happen before but I guess it is a sign of the times...too much work so he would rather stop working and get no $. So I'm going with https://pistafilmsolutions.com and they are a 6 week wait and do only high end vehicles and shop is super clean and Cesar is awesome. 4 Year Warranty and I trust him to get it right. My black bronco I think was washed by the dealer with a RV Broom Brush so it has fine scratches on it if you look close with a light that need to be polished and looking perfect before you ceramic the surface for 4+ years. Garaged Cesar said it will last 7+ years. He had a yellow bronco in last week that he did a satin XPEL on and it looked great. I know their instagram has lots of photos. I know with the hours to get the paint looking great and the cost of the ceramic material I'm going to pay $1200-$1500 but I want it done with warranty and insured by the business. Thank you I do appreciate it I just spent a lot of time on the first person so now I'm going to pay a fair price and make sure it gets done right and it is close to my house!

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you. Took it first to someone that had all 5 starts in Seattle. Young guy that was super nice but couldn't get the black paint polished enough so he gave up and called me to pick it up and said it was too much work and he originally wanted $1200. Never had that happen before but I guess it is a sign of the times...too much work so he would rather stop working and get no $. So I'm going with https://pistafilmsolutions.com and they are a 6 week wait and do only high end vehicles and shop is super clean and Cesar is awesome. 4 Year Warranty and I trust him to get it right. My black bronco I think was washed by the dealer with a RV Broom Brush so it has fine scratches on it if you look close with a light that need to be polished and looking perfect before you ceramic the surface for 4+ years. Garaged Cesar said it will last 7+ years. He had a yellow bronco in last week that he did a satin XPEL on and it looked great. I know their instagram has lots of photos. I know with the hours to get the paint looking great and the cost of the ceramic material I'm going to pay $1200-$1500 but I want it done with warranty and insured by the business. Thank you I do appreciate it I just spent a lot of time on the first person so now I'm going to pay a fair price and make sure it gets done right and it is close to my house!
Also forgot to mention he is wrapping the front in XPEL and Grill/Lights so doing it all at one location.

Sponsored

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used to own an aftermarket shop and we sold and installed PPF for toyota and lexus dealer. 3M is what I recommend to use. Low end films can fade in the sun. We had a plotter to cut the patterns but you can use raw material and cut it yourself. Is not hard to apply only you need a clean room to not get junk behind film. If you are looking to DIY I recommend door edge guards, headlights, mirrors if painted, door handle cups and hood bra only. Most dealers preload vehicles with that and tint here in AZ. They sub it out and mark it up to you for a nice profit. If you plan to wrap the entire truck, I would pay a local shop to do it for you and get a warranty on the material\labor.

If you can find a shop to precut and sell you the film your 1\2 way there!

ssingh

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got mine back from a full Xpel Stealth PPF wrap near Sacramento. They did a such a good job on it.

951CDBA0-F5F0-4785-9F73-E82333A7EC4B.jpeg
Hey, I’m also in the sac area looking to ppf my bronco. Who did it for you and how much if you don’t mind sharing?

SDBronco6

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got mine back from a full Xpel Stealth PPF wrap near Sacramento. They did a such a good job on it.

951CDBA0-F5F0-4785-9F73-E82333A7EC4B.jpeg
I also have carbonized gray and I love that look! What did they charge you up there? I'm in San Diego and the one shop I spoke with about Xpel want $6,250 for it. No tint or anything else.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone used Kavaca ceramic self healing PPF? A local dealer I have in the area installs Kavaca ceramic coatings and films. This stuff looks really good. He does high quality work and detail oriented. I was debating ceramic pro coating and some Kavaca self healing PPF.

Sponsored

SDBronco6

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I had my front clip with mirrors, the rocker panels, up the doors to the crease about 6 inches up, and the rear fenders. Then the whole thing was ceramic coated with the 2 coats/5 year silver I think. They used Premium Shield (https://premiumshield.com/) and it cost me $3100 total. $2300 for the PPF and $800 for the ceramic. They wanted an extra $1000 for each door and I could not swallow that.
I had a shop quote me $6200 for xpel PPF. Another shop said they would do premium shield ppf, tint and ceramic coat the roof and fenders and grill for $4,300. So I'm trying to do some research on premium shield but don't see much about it. Everyone in these forums uses XPEL and 3M. How do you like it? I'm def going with the satin look.

TraumaJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have carbonized gray and I love that look! What did they charge you up there? I'm in San Diego and the one shop I spoke with about Xpel want $6,250 for it. No tint or anything else.
I was fortunately the first bronco where I took mine and they did it for $3,800 and that included the tint. I did some of the prep work myself though to bring down costs (removed spare tire and carrier, trail sights, and rock sliders). After my Bronco they realized it was a bit more work than they anticipated and are now charging a couple hundred more than I paid (not sure am exact amount).

SDBronco6

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was fortunately the first bronco where I took mine and they did it for $3,800 and that included the tint. I did some of the prep work myself though to bring down costs (removed spare tire and carrier, trail sights, and rock sliders). After my Bronco they realized it was a bit more work than they anticipated and are now charging a couple hundred more than I paid (not sure am exact amount).
Thanks, it def seems like xpel is the way to go.
Sponsored