First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have the build date of your engine?
It’s at the Dealer now but will try to get it. I received it in November and was my part time driver so barely broke in…. Or technically now IS broke in 🤨
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah the Bronco is truly turning into Russian roulette. If it's not failed engines with the 2.7, failed brakes with 2.3, it's electrical gremlins or front axle/diffs.

Ford is truly redefining the "1st year" cliche.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unfortunately there is no magic mileage barrier. Too many different operating conditions to draw statistically meaningfull conclusions. Best advice is to prep a bag if you’re in a cold climate, and mentally plan what to do in a loss of power situation. That means:
1). Don’t panic
2). Shift to neutral
3). Steering at speed is no issue, brakes will be manual
4). Get on the shoulder in a safe manner (signals, mirrors, etc)
5). Leave enough room for the flatbed to pick it up

sure sucks to have to plan, but it’s better to have one and not need it than make it up on the spot.
I think 2.7s have electric brake boosters.

And with a vacuum booster you should still have at least one assisted stop.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s at the Dealer now but will try to get it. I received it in November and was my part time driver so barely broke in…. Or technically now IS broke in 🤨
Really hate this for you to have to deal with but at least it is a secondary car for you. Also if you would please file a report with the NHTSA with the links provided on the first page of this thread.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really hate this for you to have to deal with but at least it is a secondary car for you. Also if you would please file a report with the NHTSA with the links provided on the first page of this thread.
Doesnt Canada have thier own transportation safety board? Might have to look up how to report in Canada. They may be even more stringent than NHTSA if I remember right

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s a chance to possibly help your situation with Ford and others down the road folks! Possibly anyway.
We have possibly 35 blown motors right now- let’s get them reported!

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure would be nice if Ford would speak up at this point, especially after the MT article. I mean they have all of the telemetry data. They know exactly how many 2.7s are out there, how many miles are on each and every one, and how many have failed, and why 99% of them failed.

Maybe say something along the lines of...
"We are aware of engine failures in a small fraction of the XXXXX number of Bronco 2.7Ls produced. These are isolated failures and our data shows that the failures were limited to 35 isolated vehicles. All affected vehicles are owned by B6G members. As a corrective action moving forward we encourage all Bronco owners to refrain from posting on B6G. Thank you for your understanding...Ford."

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
last weekend NHTSA had only two engine reports for Bronco

- now they have eight (8) Bronco engine reports at NHTSA

Sunday we sent letters to 25 blown engine survivors listed in OP
Good job Bronco6g! 8 solid reports on NHTSA website should get us closer to a resolution. For those trying to figure out the failure rate, and minimize this issue remember, it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings. 50,000 built, and I know of zero being reported to have more than 15,000 miles. (One report at 12,245 today) It is possible the failures will all manifest within the first 10,000 miles. I suggest owners keep the tracker that @VictoryLights built on Google up to date so they can assess how many bronco have surpassed 10,000 miles without an Early Breakdown, EB. (I personally like the reference to RUD, but EB is more correct.)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/how-many-miles-on-your-2-7.34994/

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This can't be high on Ford's priority list...what with worrying about their cash-cow F150 & fretting about their survival in the EV arena. At least they SHOULD have anxiety about surviving - if this is the best they can do with a long-in-the-tooth ICE engine, I'd be shitting my pants driving their ALL-NEW powertrain/drivetrain EV made in their ALL-NEW plant.
Lot of unwarranted doom and gloom there boss. Ford will be just fine especially in the EV arena, of all the auto makers they have the most realistic plan for the market going forward. ICE vehicles will continue to be the majority of the market, because there is no infrastructure in place to allow a mass market switch to EV’s the charging issues alone changing before you factor in range issues and weather related battery efficiency.
Sponsored