toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Form the first post. It was a Ford test driver that said to go drive a 4dr Ranger if you want to know what it’s like to drive a Bronco. That’s why.
Someone here said a Ford test driver told him that. Some of the other info that “test driver” passed along turned out to be incorrect. I don’t remember what exactly - something with option availabilty that seemed odd, to me, for a test driver to know about in the first place. I can’t find that thread.

I think it‘s dangerous to morph this level of “someone said“ into supposed fact. Of course it has morphed in this thread to “Bronco lead engineer”.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Someone here said a Ford test driver told him that. Some of the other info that “test driver” passed along turned out to be incorrect. I don’t remember what exactly - something with option availabilty that seemed odd, to me, for a test driver to know about in the first place. I can’t find that thread.

I think it‘s dangerous to morph this level of “someone said“ into supposed fact. Of course it has morphed in this thread to “Bronco lead engineer”.
It took some doing, but I found the original post. ?

I recently spoke with the person who drives Fords for a living. He was able to take some time to discuss the Bronco.

He said if you want to experience the Bronco, test drive a Ranger Crew Cab.
Thread link.

So, that’s where it came from.

Ford Bronco Drove a crew cab 4wd Ranger today 1597094242238

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for finding that. FE res holders will be interested in one of his other reliable comments.

There will be 3 interior versions for the First Edition Bronco.
  • It sounds like, from ( ), that there will be three versions of interior colors on ALL trims.

Deleted member 3063

It's the 7MTI550, made by Getrag-Ford. It's new and the Bronco will be the first time we know of it being used in a vehicle.
Should have said - a heavier duty manual with crawler. Most everyone knows about the 7MTI550 and it's supposed weakness.
Ford has upgraded manuals for special apps before for example the SVT Mustangs. Maybe they could do the same here.

OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for finding that. FE res holders will be interested in one of his other reliable comments.
The amount of speculation here is really something. I especially like the one where you place your own order with Ford instead of a dealer.:rolleyes: Just the facts man.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021 Ford Bronco Engines & Off-Road Capability. The 2021 Ford Bronco shares a platform with the Ford Ranger. This means it includes the standard 2.3-liter EcoBoost inline-four that produces 270-horsepower with 310 lb-ft. of torque.
What's the source? It's wrong. Bronco shares a platform with the as-yet unrevealed next-gen Ranger, not the global "new" Ranger that's been around since 2011.

Form the first post. It was a Ford test driver that said to go drive a 4dr Ranger if you want to know what it’s like to drive a Bronco. That’s why.
Yeah, I read that thread when it was first posted. Some of that stuff was already known, some of it is incorrect. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: I see that's been covered lol

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What's the source? It's wrong. Bronco shares a platform with the as-yet unrevealed next-gen Ranger, not the global "new" Ranger that's been around since 2011.

Yeah, I read that thread when it was first posted. Some of that stuff was already known, some of it is incorrect. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: I see that's been covered lol
The one I posted was a lift from asking what platform is used. Cnet says the same and here's one from Ford Authority.

Platform:
  • Loosely based on the Ford T6 platformused on:
    • T6 Ford Ranger for International markets
    • Ford Everest for International markets (sold as the Ford Endeavour in India)
    • 2019 Ford Ranger for the U.S. and Canadian markets

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The 10 speed is a learning transmission, it gets better the more you drive it.
As somebody who has a few thousand miles on a 2019 Ranger starting from 8 miles on the odometer (currently at over 13K in the shared truck), i'll just say that whatever "learning" it's doing, is for fuel economy maximization and not your enjoyment.

The way it gets "better" as you drive it is to leave it in sport with manual shift control. Otherwise, just imagine whatever gear you should be in at a given moment. Then add 2 to 4. THAT is what gear the Ranger will be in.

The 2.3 should be an absolute blast to drive when paired with a manual transmission (which as you probably guessed, is the way i'll order mine), if the only transmission option was the 10 speed auto, I would have had my fill of that boredom with Ranger and looked elsewhere for my next vehicle.

Full disclosure: The GF loves her Ranger and has no complaints about it's transmission at all, so it will probably be fine for most people.

I went into further detail about the shortcomings of the Ranger automatic transmission In this thread

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As somebody who has a few thousand miles on a 2019 Ranger starting from 8 miles on the odometer (currently at over 13K in the shared truck), i'll just say that whatever "learning" it's doing, is for fuel economy maximization and not your enjoyment.

The way it gets "better" as you drive it is to leave it in sport with manual shift control. Otherwise, just imagine whatever gear you should be in at a given moment. Then add 2 to 4. THAT is what gear the Ranger will be in.

The 2.3 should be an absolute blast to drive when paired with a manual transmission (which as you probably guessed, is the way i'll order mine), if the only transmission option was the 10 speed auto, I would have had my fill of that boredom with Ranger and looked elsewhere for my next vehicle.

Full disclosure: The GF loves her Ranger and has no complaints about it's transmission at all, so it will probably be fine for most people.

I went into further detail about the shortcomings of the Ranger automatic transmission In this thread
I think your link doesn’t work.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not super computer savvy, perhaps somebody can take a look at both links and tell us if something is wrong with them? maybe cookie handling or something, however that works.
Mmm cookie handling ?

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Quit making excuses for their poor product. You can be a ford fan and still recognize when they screw up.
They don't work great, they make horrible noises and sometimes leave the car immobile for periods of time

I hope yours continue to work, but I wouldn't let a loved one drive one of those.

The focus experience is really one of the main holdbacks I have about giving ford any money ever again.
I believe they are relating their Focus experience and they get labeled as making excuses for an entire company? I'll apologize on behalf of "Straight 6", and thank the focus owner for sharing their Focus experience.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one I posted was a lift from asking what platform is used. Cnet says the same and here's one from Ford Authority.

Platform:
  • Loosely based on the Ford T6 platformused on:
    • T6 Ford Ranger for International markets
    • Ford Everest for International markets (sold as the Ford Endeavour in India)
    • 2019 Ford Ranger for the U.S. and Canadian markets
"Loosely based on" is different than "shared platform" lol

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco is based on an updated T6 platform, some have said it's what the next gen Ranger will be on. Definitely not the same frame between the 2020 Ranger and 2021 Bronco.
They are using the same frame.
Sponsored