First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you guys may be underestimating the quality of the cloth, I don’t think it’s going to be those fuzzy cloth seats we imagine. The bronco sport says easy to clean, don’t worry about mud or putting towels down, just wipe it off.

A65079CA-7F83-4021-B312-EA0FC32D9617.png
I agree. My 2018 Jeep Rubicon JL has cloth seats and they still look new. They have been rained on and spilled on. They are great in hot and cold weather. They are black but don't get hot with the top off.

I am still thinking about vinyl in my Bronco but I am not ruling out cloth. I am deciding btwn Badlands and Wildtrak. A friend has a high-end boat with nice seats but you still sweat in them.
Sponsored

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you guys may be underestimating the quality of the cloth, I don’t think it’s going to be those fuzzy cloth seats we imagine. The bronco sport says easy to clean, don’t worry about mud or putting towels down, just wipe it off.

A65079CA-7F83-4021-B312-EA0FC32D9617.png

This is a very good point. Getting the base/bb and not having the option for the Marine seems inevitable, so we might have to embrace the cloth and hope for the best

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I posted this earlier and accidentally deleted when editing so I’ll just reiterate.

This guy gets it.

This is a very good point. Getting the base/bb and not having the option for the Marine seems inevitable, so we might have to embrace the cloth and hope for the best
Embrace the soft fabric against your callous skin my love.

At this point, I’m convinced that anyone who knocks cloth interiors must not own any clothes or walk on carpet.

Any fabrics can be cleansed of their sins with simple cleaning product and application.

In my experience, most cloth seats I’ve seen since the ‘80s fare far better than their cowskin brethrens.

Last edited:

twobigstacksoflowsociety

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shitmobile
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I posted this earlier and accidentally deleted when editing so I’ll just reiterate.

This guy gets it.

Embrace the soft fabric against your callous skin my love.

At this point, I’m convinced that anyone who knocks cloth interiors must not own any clothes or walk on carpet.

Any fabrics can be cleansed of their sins with simple cleaning product and application.
already looking at katzkin leather covers

https://katzkin.com/choose-your-design/step2.php

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Almost every car and truck with leather seats only has actual leather up front. Back seats are almost always vinyl and pretty much nobody notices.

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cloth might be more comfortable, but I like the idea of vinyl for the ease of cleaning. A good Cloth seat cover might be the ticket, and is easily removable, toss in washer, and put back on. The only potential issue i see, is that the MOLLE panel on the back of the seat might not be as accessible.

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You gotta wait and see it, just like how the leather is not the same in a cheap escape vs an expensive king ranch there are also different vinyl levels of quality

I've had a vinyl/"leatherette" interior car that was nicer than mass market cars cheap "leather". People would literally get in and tell me how nice the "leather" was.

Everyone remembers that crappy vinyl truck seat from the 80-90s but things have changed.

Leather on cheap cars is basically vinyl anyways, it's like a $20 leather jacket from a gas station.......
If the leather in a king ranch is any nicer than the leather in my escape, ill eat my hat. Those are literally the nicest seats i may have ever sat in.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If I'm not wrong they may use the exact AC from ranger so how's this Ac !!
The Bronco and the upcoming redesigned 2022 Ford Ranger share an all new platform. It is possible some parts will carry over from the existing Ranger, such as the a/c compressor, but there will also be new parts in the mix.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Drive a vehicle and work here in Florida with vinyl every day. Never a heat issue but then again I wear boxers and shorts, not a banana hammock and 70s basketball shorts.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I doubt its nice as Alcantara, and isn't the active x seating material fake leather?
Alcantara is just fake suede
It's actually a pretty gross material for an interior, it gets smashed down and doesn't wear well

It sounds cool, and looks good initially but I would avoid it

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not sure how their cloth covers are, but everyone on the Jeep forums used to swear by Iggee seat covers synthetic leather (vinyl). I almost did this myself to waterproof my cloth seats. Might be a good option for people looking to get the durability of the vinyl on trims that don't offer it. Last time I looked into this was probably 6 or 7 years ago so there may be other options now.

https://www.iggee.com/index.aspx
this looks like a good option when package prices most likely drive me down to the big bend from my Outer Banks reservation.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Alcantara is just fake suede
It's actually a pretty gross material for an interior, it gets smashed down and doesn't wear well

It sounds cool, and looks good initially but I would avoid it
Yeah I have only ridden in cars that have alcantara inserts it seemed nice. Not sure if I would want to live with it though.

Leather/vinyl/fake leather to me is just so much easier to clean than cloth. I get in my car when I am dirty more often than I would like to admit and a wet paper towel is normally all I need to wipe my seat down with.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Vinyl seats are commonly used in vehicles these days under names like leatherette, MB-Tex for Mercedes and Nu-Luxe for Lexus for instance. Over 90% of C class MB come with MB-Tex.

Vinyl seats are not going to be a problem.
It is not the vinyl used decades ago in entry class vehicles. It has many advantages including easy cleaning and looking new for a long time with minimal care.

Ideal for the Bronc?
Most leather seats these days just have leather trim.
Sponsored