Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It says marine grade vinyl right? I have a 2020 pontoon with the "upgraded" marine vinyl. My a$$ sweats in that seat. I'd prefer the leather but it's not available on the model I'm after.
When they say "marine grade", I take that to mean it's more heavy duty and will withstand conditions such as moisture, high salt content in the air, resistance to sun. That would probably make them less comfortable than a lesser vinyl.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drove my 2012 Dodge Ram Tradesman for 7 years. It came standard with vinyl seating and flooring. I then traded it in for my 2018 Ford Explorer Limited with leather seats.

I loved the vinyl seating and flooring so much that I reserved a Black Diamond trim. I would only consider BD or BadLands trim because I feel that vinyl is the superior product based on looks and durability. Leather is a little softer but overall I like the vinyl better because it looks just as good and I don’t have to worry about carring for it. Plus I got a lot of compliments over the years on the vinyl seating and flooring. It’s a good product for a vehicle.
My main plan is to go Base + Sasquatch. But the Black Diamond calls my name and interests me. I love the idea of the durable vinyl and drain plug interior. Plus all the other stuff that comes with the BD. But with my budget ill have to chose between lifted and bigger 35s or not lifted and 32s but all kinds of extra accessories. $38k is basically my max budget. Its a hard choice.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not saying they shouldn't be offered, just comparing to the subject at hand: Marine vinyl interior.

That said, I can totally understand how a group of lawyers would get nervous about even offering ventilated seats in a vehicle marketed around open-top offroading. That's inviting at least a few instances of repair, or even litigation, around hardware failure due to element incursion.
The seat cooler isn't some fancy piece of electronics. All it is is a small fan in an enclosure with a dust filter on it much like the fan on a desktop computer. You'd need to flood the interior before it would be damaged.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think you guys may be underestimating the quality of the cloth, I don’t think it’s going to be those fuzzy cloth seats we imagine. The bronco sport says easy to clean, don’t worry about mud or putting towels down, just wipe it off.

A65079CA-7F83-4021-B312-EA0FC32D9617.png
I would be very happy with cloth seats in the Badlands, but they are not an option.

Ford, are you going to let us get cloth seats in the Badlands, right now the answer is no, please consider changing this.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I moved from the west to the north east. Man, was that a mistake! Hoping to go back soon. The extremes seem more extreme out here.
I'm in the North East and hate the Hot Humid Summers and Freezing Cold Winter. Id love to move Somewhere out West. I've never been out that way but one day I'd like to explore the West and find my new home.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Which is why it is still odd to me that cloth is standard on base, big bend, OBX and wild trak... that just makes no sense to me. I feel like it would be impossible to keep clean. That's one of the reasons every vehicle I have owned has had leather or leatherette. Gets dirty, just wipe it up and its clean

On the subject at hand, my mazda has leatherette seats, love them. If the marine vinyl is similar or of higher quality then that then people will love them.
I haven't seen anything about what kind of material the cloth seats are made of. If it's something like Active X or Alcantara, it should by very durable.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I moved from the west to the north east. Man, was that a mistake! Hoping to go back soon. The extremes seem more extreme out here.
I lived here all my life. Except when I left for the ARMY. Ive dreamed of leaving this crap hole for a long time. The people suck and the weather sucks. Lol..

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I reserved BD for vinyl and rubber floors. If it becomes too expensive, i’ll downgrade to BB, hoping the ford cloth doesn’t stain with water like my xlt sport f-150.

zeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU wrangler, BMW 3 series
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My son has a Jeep wrangler with tan cloth seats. Never gets hot and is very comfortable. Sprayed scotch guard on it and it has held up well, but have never been caught topless in the rain. I have a BMW 3 series with leatherette seats. Perfectly comfortable, durable and easy to clean. Still looks new after 7 yrs. I'm planning on getting my Bronco in a few years when i move to a beach town and hope to have something easy to clean that but can get wet without worrying about a moldy smell and won't be too hot in the sun. A light colored vinyl seat seems ideal for what a lot of us are looking for. Hope Ford offers it in all trims.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My son has a Jeep wrangler with tan cloth seats. Never gets hot and is very comfortable. Sprayed scotch guard on it and it has held up well, but have never been caught topless in the rain. I have a BMW 3 series with leatherette seats. Perfectly comfortable, durable and easy to clean. Still looks new after 7 yrs. I'm planning on getting my Bronco in a few years when i move to a beach town and hope to have something easy to clean that but can get wet without worrying about a moldy smell and won't be too hot in the sun. A light colored vinyl seat seems ideal for what a lot of us are looking for. Hope Ford offers it in all trims.
Light colors may not be bad, but right now tht lightest production colors we have seen are black and navy blue, yes, the lightest :rolleyes:

Weld3z

Outer Banks
First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the Ford AC is good there is no problem for me, my only ford i own in my life was 2003 ford lightning the ac in this thing was amazing.

Temp here reach 130F in summer although we drove Germany cars with leather without ventilation and it's ok .

If I'm not wrong they may use the exact AC from ranger so how's this Ac !!

Good AC with light color should solve the problem for me.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I haven't seen anything about what kind of material the cloth seats are made of. If it's something like Active X or Alcantara, it should by very durable.
I doubt its nice as Alcantara, and isn't the active x seating material fake leather?

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have no problem with vinyl seats. My old YJ had them and I never had to worry in the slightest about being caught in the rain with the top off (and I ran topless for a year plus in Arizona - even through monsoon season).

For a vehicle that can go topless, I don't ever want to have to worry about a pop-up shower or rain (especially now that I am in Ohio where you never know what the day is going to bring).

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I doubt its nice as Alcantara, and isn't the active x seating material fake leather?
Yes, but then vinyl pretty much is also.
ActiveX™ Synthetic Leather Seating Material
ActiveX™ is a high-end synthetic leather material that’s more durable and stain-resistant than authentic leather with the same premium feel. ActiveX™ upholstery is now standard on the Edge SEL and available in colors Ebony and Dune.
Sponsored