Sponsored

Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD?

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@NayNay Seeing if this will let you post now...

And just fyi, I did ask OP if it was ok! :)
In general, we know that some dealers have looked (and will look) at this thread. They are welcome to help or provide assistance to us as long as they understand that we have not started the process of choosing a dealer, we have not selected the team who will go represent us, etc. so it may or may not be them.

We also don't want our group to become a place that a dealer tries to push us to a decision, or push a member to a decision, on the thread. That would be unprofessional.

So help advice, clarification, yes. Mutual respect, absolutely! Selling us on their dealership or away from a dealership, no.

I am not sure if Bronco6G has restrictions.

As always, this is your group (ALL of you) so feel free to agree, disagree, etc. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Video on some of the 200 options we will be able to add to the Bronco. So when you are thinking about your drive-off cost...you might want to budget some extra...

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just be mindful that if you’re sharing the results of the survey of what it would take to move a reservation. the dealers can log on to see it too. You can argue that the transparency could benefit you, but just be cautious.
Its definitely a risk, sort of like letting someone see your poker hand. I’d argue that there’s really not that much for us to be cagey about - we obviously want to buy Broncos, they obviously want to make a boatload of money.

For my part, I welcome dealership participation and think its in our best interest to share as much about who we are as we can. I’d also be uncomfortable collecting data like this and keeping it private. I don’t want anyone to get wise ideas about me collecting this stuff for my own purposes or profit. (Full disclosure: I’m not. I work in aerospace/defense and am X-Plan eligible, so I don’t stand to benefit that much. I’m just a dork for data analysis)

Additionally, the Finance Director for a local dealership responded to the survey and has made it clear that their dealership is here to make fair deals for happy customers. This isn’t an endorsement, just confirming that the dealerships are aware of us. And I think that’s a good thing.

EDIT: I’ll also add that my main reason for getting involved in this is that it chapped my ass a bit that Ford assigned my purchase to a dealership that never had to compete for my business. This seems like a quick way to put our finger on the scale and tip things back into balance. If all that comes from this group is establishing a baseline offer dealerships can put together that would cause us to stay put, is that a problem?

Last edited:

RavenousHokie

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford EScape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Latest update attached: we stand at 35 firm buyers signed up! 99 total buyers have expressed interest! Awesome numbers to go along with 36 survey responses so far.

Please take a few minutes and take the survey. It will help us to make our case to a dealership!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/C599CQ5

View attachment 23626

View attachment 23627
@perfectburrito - just wanted to point out that I am a firm buyer, but you have me as likely. My reservation will be converting to an order without a doubt. And I didn't mention it but I am XPlan eligible. I will switch my dealer if we get a better deal somewhere else, otherwise i'm sticking with Ted Britt, I've been very happy with them over the 15 years i've been dealing with them.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

All - Saw this on other thread:
Leo Kaytes Dealership has a free lifetime power train warranty, has no ADM and accepts the x plan

It is has a $100 deductible.

Sponsored

Jamyers77

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've never used X plan before, so this may be a dumb question. For those of us eligible for this program how much of a benifit would this group buy be? It looks like the plan would basically save us the destination fee. Could this group buy lower the initial cost by $1000 AND apply the Xplan discount to that new price?

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've never used X plan before, so this may be a dumb question. For those of us eligible for this program how much of a benifit would this group buy be? It looks like the plan would basically save us the destination fee. Could this group buy lower the initial cost by $1000 AND apply the Xplan discount to that new price?
There is another thread with a spreadsheet to help you with this question:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...eet-x-plan-vs-invoice-and-below-invoice.2319/

As you will see, it depends on the model you pick and the number of doors. I see you have a Black Diamond, and I will assume four doors:

X-Plan Cost - $38917
Invoice -$1000 - $37916

Hope this helps! :)

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EDIT: I’ll also add that my main reason for getting involved in this is that it chapped my ass a bit that Ford assigned my purchase to a dealership that never had to compete for my business. This seems like a quick way to put our finger on the scale and tip things back into balance. If all that comes from this group is establishing a baseline offer dealerships can put together that would cause us to stay put, is that a problem?
i think the website just assigned the nearest ford dealer. since i'm familiar with the my not so great local dealers, i was able to expand
the search until i found one that was actually on the NO ADM/accept X-Plan list by clicking on the assigned dealer name. that brings up an
expandable list of dealers. it probably wasn't working on launch night...

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

i think the website just assigned the nearest ford dealer. since i'm familiar with the my not so great local dealers, i was able to expand
the search until i found one that was actually on the NO ADM/accept X-Plan list by clicking on the assigned dealer name. that brings up an
expandable list of dealers. it probably wasn't working on launch night...
They were having a lot of problems launch night. I hit the site at 2000 EDT. It took me 6 minutes and a bit of frustration to get the order in at 2006 EDT. At that time I could select from three dealers on a dropdown. I did not see anywhere that could give me info on X-Plan, etc., but at that moment I was more focused on securing a FE reservation!

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They were having a lot of problems launch night. I hit the site at 2000 EDT. It took me 6 minutes and a bit of frustration to get the order in at 2006 EDT. At that time I could select from three dealers on a dropdown. I did not see anywhere that could give me info on X-Plan, etc., but at that moment I was more focused on securing a FE reservation!
Wow, you got lucky! Took me over two hours to get a reservation

Sponsored
OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
By the way when I talk to my dealership today they expected the price pool to be out today or tomorrow. So let's get ready boys let's make us some Broncos

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, you got lucky! Took me over two hours to get a reservation
I think i was around 3 hours and I had one of my kids trying on his computer too.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

By the way when I talk to my dealership today they expected the price pool to be out today or tomorrow. So let's get ready boys let's make us some Broncos
Price Pool?
Sponsored