Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's pattern is so wide, It would probably work on rollbar. But I bet both spot would be good.
Well, the key is id like it to come on when opening the tail gate, as yours does. I guess I can try the roll bar first

So, on the roll bar it kind of has the textured plastic...did you have any trouble getting the velcro to stick to the roll bar? What kind did you use?
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The lights are bolted to the pillar covers and won't be in the way of anything if/when the bags deploy. I'm very aware of the forces involved when a bag deploys.
Cool, as long as you've seen exactly how the airbags deploy (directly downward along the pillar you're velcroing's things to). I certainly hope you never have to find out if your concept turns out to be flawed.

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone tried to put one of the ambient lighting kits Ford sells on their accessory site? They have one that fits the Ranger trucks. I think they run about $250.00

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone tried to put one of the ambient lighting kits Ford sells on their accessory site? They have one that fits the Ranger trucks. I think they run about $250.00
Link? I’ve looked before but didn’t see anything that would work.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cool, as long as you've seen exactly how the airbags deploy (directly downward along the pillar you're velcroing's things to). I certainly hope you never have to find out if your concept turns out to be flawed.
I was thinking about that

To me this looks like a good spot too? And wouldn’t be in the way of a downward firing airbag….?

AAB18B48-2938-4CA4-BEE5-5DF4C7207306.jpeg

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, gotta admit defeat on this one. Damn light is controlled via canbus. WTF Ford??

Next move is to rig up a light sensor and go that route.
I'm glad that someone else attempted to tackle this before my Bronco arrives.

Looks like I will have to power my lights from a relay on the rockslide step circuits (whether I use their door switches or find a way to tap the door trigger wiring).

I was really hoping the extra lighting could be integrated with the dome lights.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

To me this looks like a good spot too? And wouldn’t be in the way of a downward firing airbag….?

Ford Bronco Additional dome lighting, Jim style AAB18B48-2938-4CA4-BEE5-5DF4C7207306
Don't worry, @Just_Jim has already product tested this for interference with airbags, nobody will should die from it. Obviously just conceptually and without any actual knowledge of their operation or from any real-world testing.

Or not. Either way, always, always take potentially fatal safety advice from posts you read online. That's why I put a "baby on board" sticker on the rear window, so people know to give me the personal safety i'm incapable of giving myself, to protect the children.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, the key is id like it to come on when opening the tail gate, as yours does. I guess I can try the roll bar first

So, on the roll bar it kind of has the textured plastic...did you have any trouble getting the velcro to stick to the roll bar? What kind did you use?
i'd bet they would.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't worry, @Just_Jim has already product tested this for interference with airbags, nobody will should die from it. Obviously just conceptually and without any actual knowledge of their operation or from any real-world testing.

Or not. Either way, always, always take potentially fatal safety advice from posts you read online. That's why I put a "baby on board" sticker on the rear window, so people know to give me the personal safety i'm incapable of giving myself, to protect the children.
Seems safe to me. I have grab handles too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OK! We have progress!

I called my local dealer and the rear dome light module is $35 but currently unavailable, and the cargo area light module is $50 with about a month ETA.

So... Worst case scenario, I'm out $50 and need to bury a bulb module in the side panel. :D

I'm actually tempted to just electrical tape the sensor over one of the lenses and wait for the dome module to become available to then permanently stash with the sensor taped to it. I guess we'll see what kind of mood I'm in tomorrow when the sensor relay arrives.

OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ford Bronco Additional dome lighting, Jim style Screenshot_20220309-133437_Chrome
I had considered that spot as well, but wasn't sure how it'd impact using a hard top should I manage to find a wrecked one at some point down the road. There's also no room to hide the wires with a flush mounting location there. You could put them on some angle brackets to face downward, but then you have exposed wiring going upward out the top.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had considered that spot as well, but wasn't sure how it'd impact using a hard top should I manage to find a wrecked one at some point down the road. There's also no room to hide the wires with a flush mounting location there. You could put them on some angle brackets to face downward, but then you have exposed wiring going upward out the top.
Yea. I have a hard top myself

If I could figure a way to halfway hide the wires I’ll use that spot

Any idea where my closest AUX switch wire is for this location?

(How did you hide your wires?)

OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend