First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The cargo light has 2 lights in it. One's the light itself and the other is the blue bronco in the middle.
Sponsored

vtracsd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The cargo light has 2 lights in it. One's the light itself and the other is the blue bronco in the middle.
I hooked it up to the one with the bronco. You’re saying I need to hook it up to the light on the roll bar? I checked the voltages there and it’s the same as the other. Appreciate the help.

OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
THE RELAY BOARD DOESN'T WORK.

I made a mistake when testing it and it does not latch properly with the pulsed signal.

The photo sensor does work great and has been in use for months now.

Turbo24

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm rocking these. They are amazing. Photo and motion sensitive. Super slim. I put them right on the roll bar.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089QNNL8L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I stumbled across your post a few months ago and purchased these lights. My Bronco finally arrived this week. Just curious, did you try putting them on the metal part of the roll bar first since they are magnetized? It feels strong enough to hold to me, but if you already tested and it failed I will secure them more. This is where I have them at the moment.

4176F77C-B204-4CB5-A3B6-6503155DE088.jpeg
8FCF6870-746B-466F-8F26-67ECD9D2B8FB.jpeg

OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My lights aren't magnetized.

Sponsored

Denny3297

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia, Ranger, Fusion, E450 motorhome, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THE RELAY BOARD DOESN'T WORK.

I made a mistake when testing it and it does not latch properly with the pulsed signal.

The photo sensor does work great and has been in use for months now.
Hello Jim,

I have ordered the light sensing relay and some lights. Now that it has been a few months since your install, everything still going well? Any words of the wise? Also, which wires were 12v and ground to the roll bar light?

Denny3297

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia, Ranger, Fusion, E450 motorhome, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Just_Jim I got it all installed this evening! I couldn't be happier with the results! I built upon your dome light wiring and added of all things; livewell lights. I got them on Amazon, they are made by Lumitec. I will link below. The color temp is really close to stock and now my cargo area lights up like it should have from the factory! I might add some in other areas in the future. Thanks so much for thinking outside the box! Check out how lit up my cargo area is now!

Lumitec Newt Livewell / Courtesy / Accent Light, Waterproof https://a.co/d/a2NTj7r

20221028_003721.jpg

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Just_Jim, thanks for your legwork on this. Going to try to leverage these photocell relays to power some additional cargo lighting. On that note - any reason you can think of that I couldn't take this approach with the cargo lamp assembly instead of the dome light?

OP
OP
Just_Jim

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Just_Jim, thanks for your legwork on this. Going to try to leverage these photocell relays to power some additional cargo lighting. On that note - any reason you can think of that I couldn't take this approach with the cargo lamp assembly instead of the dome light?
Cargo light was $15 more if I screwed it up. lol

gdp

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted a video above. I don't think i have any pics. Also, I couldn't open the tailgate and film it by myself. But the lights come on when you open the tailgate.

gdp

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a motion sensitive dome on them. I put a little tiny piece of black photo tape towards the front of it so me or a passenger can’t set them off. Put the clear dome towards the back.

Ford Bronco Additional dome lighting, Jim style 20221028_003721
This is a great tip, thanks! I bought them, love them, but on a warm day the velcro adhesive on the plastic roll bar doesn't hold. I bought the Velcro brand, used alcohol a few times to clean the plastic and it still won't hold. What brand or steps did you use to get them to hold? Thanks for the help
Sponsored