Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went from a camaro to the bronco and ride/race motorcycles......what is this practically thing you speak of!!
Sponsored

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be trading in my 2020 4 door F150 for a 4 door Bronco when it arrives. Since I really cant road test and drive one I'm not sure it will fit the bill. F150 is big enough for me, plenty of room , and nice to have a truck bed when needed for grabbing sod, mulch, whatever. I really don't "need" a truck and "want" a Bronco but don't want to be dissatisfied with my decision. Can any of you relate to a similar trade and mind sharing your thought on this ? Thank you !
I don't have a decision of a truck vs a Bronco, but definitely have the want vs need. We don't need another car or a Bronco. But I want it. I never give in the wants, esp on big purchases but the why has given me the ok. I secretly believe she thinks it will loosen me up a bit

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which flares are those, they look great
They're Ford Performance flares, straight out of the accessories catalog. My dealership had installed them and the wheel/tire package (as well as a few other mods) for the original customer, but they backed out. Their loss... my gain.

Bronco 2Dr 2021-2022 Black Textured Fender Flares ~ VMB3Z16268A (ford.com)

Not sure they'd look right on a lighter color, and probably wouldnt have picked them looking at the catalog (they’re on an orange Bronco there) but I really like the look on the AMB. Actually look more Raptor-y than the Raptor flares IMO.

Last edited:

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will be trading in my 2020 4 door F150 for a 4 door Bronco when it arrives. Since I really cant road test and drive one I'm not sure it will fit the bill. F150 is big enough for me, plenty of room , and nice to have a truck bed when needed for grabbing sod, mulch, whatever. I really don't "need" a truck and "want" a Bronco but don't want to be dissatisfied with my decision. Can any of you relate to a similar trade and mind sharing your thought on this ? Thank you !
I work/play on a ranch and it came down to a Bronco or a Ranger, the latter so I could haul my own feed and shavings and (equine-assisted learning) workshop equipment like chairs. I really love the Bronco. Thrilled w/ decision. Local feed store delivers hay, shavings, etc for free. :)

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

[...] the [wife] has given me the ok. I secretly believe she thinks it will loosen me up a bit
I secretly believe she thinks it will be her truck! :LOL:

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I owned multiple trucks over the years and they are not as practical as everyone believes.

What I found to be truly practical is a small utility trailer. 4x8 or 5x8 even 5x10 is not too big.

Get the Bronco and when you need a truck, rent a small uhaul utility trailer for $16. If it works out that you find that you wish you had one at home, buy your own.

I found that I only really used my tuck bed a couple times a year. Talk about a waste of space for all the other days of the year!

A utility trailer is inexpensive and it should last your lifetime.

Get the Bronco and dump the pick up truck!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the exact some swap. I also did the utility trailer and it 100% replaces the bed (and is better in many ways) for simple hauling. For road trips, it has proven a comfortable and capable vehicle (front seats are the most comfy I have had).

What it doesn't replace is the tow capacity. I have a 6Klb boat that needs to be towed a couple of times a year. Once my son's Ranger isn't available, I will have to figure something out.

After having had a Bronco, F150 and current gen Ranger in our household, I almost think the Ranger Raptor would be the ultimate off-road utility vehicle (assuming it maintains the current 7500lb tow capacity). If I lived in a warm/sunny climate, the removable roof would be a bigger positive fact towards the Bronco btw.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How’s the ride vs the Raptor. I had a 250 Tremor which the ride was harsh. My Badlands rides great compared, like an off-road vehicle should. Haha
I can't really give a good comparison between the Raptor and the Bronco as the Bronco had 20x9 Fuel wheels with 35/12.50x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on it when I bought it. That's a load range "E" tire with less sidewall versus a load range "C" 315 series BFG on the Raptor so the Bronco is noticeably stiffer. Also shorter wheelbase. The ride is still great compared to my Jeep, even with the NRGs, but not as good as the Raptor. I believe comparable skins would make for a better Bronco to Raptor comparison.

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I secretly believe she thinks it will be her truck! :LOL:
It is replacing her minivan and she's going to take mine since I want to keep it.....part of loosening up would be letting her drive it.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure how to respond? LOL. I may be missing a joke here or a serious question.

so.... I am not Mitchell. But then agian... maybe I am. :unsure:
Mitchell Watts from Town and Country Ford. Always talking about his height. You should youtube him. You'll get a chuckle when you re-read your post after watching his vids.

Sponsored

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After having my Bronco for a month I can say for certain that I am glad I kept my F-150 as well. The Bronco seems to be just as “practical” as a motorcycle but I sure do love it.
Unless you're a farmer, tradesperson, or regularly haul things Brocno is about as practical as vehicles come.

2 adults, a child seat, 120lb dog and gear. Hauls it all fine.

Used it to move a friend 2 weeks ago, hauled probably 400+lbs of boxes totally fine.

Is it as practical as a pickup? No.

But a Bronco is more practical than anything but a truck. And I'm convinced 1/10 people who own a truck actually need one (Alberta).

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mitchell Watts from Town and Country Ford. Always talking about his height. You should youtube him. You'll get a chuckle when you re-read your post after watching his vids.
I’ve seen 1 or 2. 😂

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sometimes stuff just hits you like a train.
When I read your comment, I was like "Man, definitely keep the old Ford truck."
Picturing a 78-79 Two tone rootbeer brown and tan with the 300 straight 6 (outstanding engine by the way).
Then it hit me like a brick. 22 years old is literally a '99 or 00 model now.
old truck.jpg

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will say that I love how the Bronco rides and was dead set on going though with my order and trading in my ranger. However given my dads order never got pulled and the Ranger Raptor is finally coming stateside I will be giving my dad the option to buy my bronco build and will be ordering a Ranger Raptor whenever they open orders.

Just my two cents but not having a truck was a huge factor in the decision to forgo the bronco. I am sure I could have done without one but the Broncos upside didn't sway me enough to go without.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve been facing a similar dilemma. This will be my next vehicle (moving on from a 4Runner) and I would really use the practicality of a truck, not to mention the large crew cab back seat for the kids. The wife is pushing that we need the truck too. But shoot, I’ve wanted a Bronco for a long time so screw practicality!
We're in a very similar position, plus we have a travel trailer that is too big for the Bronco to pull. It's a tough call, especially with the cost of gas these days.
Sponsored