Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HA, you think It's all fun and games until the entire info-tainment center is bricked!!! LOL

Then everybody will be here, "Ma fuckin' radio don't work!!! Fuck you Ford!"
Sponsored

filup01

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
ā€œNon-safety critical featuresā€
Many of you assume this to be auto start-stop or heated seats and you may be right. Last I checked, the air conditioner or radio isnā€™t a safety feature either.
And, what if the customer never returns to get final assembly performed? Does this mean itā€™s technically not completed and affect the title? Or, would Ford have a contract drawn up with a clause requiring you to return the vehicle for final assembly and prohibiting you from selling before itā€™s complete?
I fear there are some devils in these details.

judgefudge72

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One of the salesmen at my company just got his GMC Canyon company truck after waiting almost a year. It has the buttons for heated seats but no function. Apparently they are adding that later like this article states. The heated steering wheel works though.

It would drive me insane to have the button but no functionality. Hopefully they let you choose which features they leave off much like dropping options to get your build faster.

tallboy33

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe if there weren't multiple bronco's on every dealer lot with adm, their might be enough chips for early reservations. Maybe they're saving chips for Raptors. Whatever it is, it's obvious reservations are lowest priority.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ā€œNon-safety critical featuresā€
Many of you assume this to be auto start-stop or heated seats and you may be right. Last I checked, the air conditioner or radio isnā€™t a safety feature either.
And, what if the customer never returns to get final assembly performed? Does this mean itā€™s technically not completed and affect the title? Or, would Ford have a contract drawn up with a clause requiring you to return the vehicle for final assembly and prohibiting you from selling before itā€™s complete?
I fear there are some devils in these details.
Itā€™s like a recall. It goes with the vehicle. I think AC is a safety feature. Moreover The reason the part was missing is they manage chips by making the least critical module last. And an easy to install one. I donā€™t know which one but it wasnā€™t random and unlikely some of the ones mentioned.

Sponsored

GBronco

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s like a recall. It goes with the vehicle. I think AC is a safety feature. Moreover The reason the part was missing is they manage chips by making the least critical module last. And an easy to install one. I donā€™t know which one but it wasnā€™t random and unlikely some of the ones mentioned.
Other OEs have delivering vehicles like this for over a year. They become a campaign (recall) to add the missing features. My company has been shipping cars with one key FOB, or sunroofs for some timesā€¦we are slowly making it right by the customers. Everyone needs to just calm downā€¦it is better that they will deliver and then fulfill via the campaign processā€¦it is regulated by NHTSA.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ll gladly donate my start/stop chip if anyone wants it. Can I bring my Bronco and my truck to the dealer and have those removed?

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If itā€™s all that nanny mode safety nonsense they can take the one out of my bronco and give it to someone else. Hell Iā€™d be okay having manual crank windows
You'd also need old school triangle vent windows so you could reach in and crank the window down to get the door open :geek:

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting an unfinished bronco that sat outside all winter in Michigan, after waiting well over a year, would be pretty damn insulting. For any new broncos that will get shipped a lot faster because of this, I think itā€™s a good thing without a doubt.

I ordered 2/5 of this year. IF I get lucky and get built this year, Iā€™d gladly take a bronco a few chips down in order to capitalize on selling my current car while the used market is still ridiculously high.

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One of the salesmen at my company just got his GMC Canyon company truck after waiting almost a year. It has the buttons for heated seats but no function. Apparently they are adding that later like this article states. The heated steering wheel works though.

It would drive me insane to have the button but no functionality. Hopefully they let you choose which features they leave off much like dropping options to get your build faster.
Hop on to Chevy's B&P and it is right there. No heated seats, $50 credit, will come later and you will get it installed once available.

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting an unfinished bronco that sat outside all winter in Michigan, after waiting well over a year, would be pretty damn insulting. For any new broncos that will get shipped a lot faster because of this, I think itā€™s a good thing without a doubt.

I ordered 2/5 of this year. IF I get lucky and get built this year, Iā€™d gladly take a bronco a few chips down in order to capitalize on selling my current car while the used market is still ridiculously high.
I'm not so concerned about the unfinished part since it could be something irrelevant (like auto start-stop, which I'll just disable anyway). Nor am I concerned about a rugged vehicle seeing a little snow. But I would be a little annoyed that I wasn't able to get my vehicle on my original EDD due to a delay over an item that Ford initially couldn't install and then ultimately deemed non-critical. Like, thanks for making me wait unnecessarily.

I also agree on the used vehicle point. This whole time I've been worried that the market could shift and the value of my current vehicle could go down. On a related note, interest rates on loans could very well be higher now than they were on my original EDD. That is also concerning.

BIg B. Bronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would like to know what features would not work and would we be getting a price adjustment for these features. Talk to us Ford, tell us whatā€™s going on. This is not the new car buying experience I thought it would be. šŸ˜¤

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If, you have a Bronco sitting in a Michigan parking lotā€¦..I donā€™t see how this could be bad news.
Agreed. Iā€™ve been without a vehicle since early august. Iā€™d gladly give up something like my heated seats for the year (especially headed into summer) than not have my truck for that same amount of time. Outside of A/C there almost nothing I couldnā€™t give up for a stretch vs actually having my vehicle.
Sponsored