Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Especially when they’re shooting rocks at everyone’s windshield behind them.
You must have confused fender flares for mud flaps. Or maybe you haven’t figured out how basic physics works yet?

That’s a question now. Thanks for protecting the sensitive, mods.

Last edited:

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People’s concerns about the tires kicking up and throwing rocks, dirt, mud, debris and small dogs against their own body panels and other vehicle’s windshields are valid.

I expect to get this rig covered in mud and dirt, which will cause chips and scratches. I’ve done that with every vehicle I’ve ever owned and yeah, scratching a new car sucks. But it comes with the territory in my mind when owning these “lifestyle” rigs.

I’m not a big tires beyond the wheel wells guy, but it is fairly inevitable when putting big tires on your ride. I’d like to limit it by getting skinny 34/35” tires and back spacing that limits pushing the tires outside the wheel wells while not causing rubbing at the same time. Hopefully that’s fairly easy.

Simon629

Badlands
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, no clue how I missed these or why they were never shared any where until now.
I desperately need someone to make a set of flares like this for the new Bronco now.
Ford Bronco First Look at 2021 Bronco With No Fender Flares (Removed) & Tab / Bolt Removal Video 8FEEE28F-528F-412D-BAB1-6ABFDCE1FD5E
These we would fine but would look a lot better if they came out with some that matched the paint color for a much cleaner look. I personally hate the look of those black trim piece bc they fade quickly.

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You must have confused fender flares for mud flaps. Or maybe you haven’t figured out how basic physics works yet?

That’s a question now. Thanks for protecting the sensitive, mods.
So what do you have to say to all the guys that have concerns with gravel and mud scratching and covering their Broncos? it is not unreasonable to think that removing fender flares increases the chances of flinging rocks into the air.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I must be weird, because actually like the original fender flares. It really help sell the overall look to me. Maybe once I see them in person, I'll prefer them off, I don't know.
I agree - it doesn't look right. I don't like the no fender/tires sticking way out past the body look.

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
So what do you have to say to all the guys that have concerns with gravel and mud scratching and covering their Broncos? it is not unreasonable to think that removing fender flares increases the chances of flinging rocks into the air.
Maybe don’t drop tens of thousands of dollars on something you’re worried about scratching and then take it out rock crawling. ??‍♂

Look, I don’t like tires sticking out, either, but I’m not trying to act like those fender flares are doing much to protect the guy behind me.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe don’t drop tens of thousands of dollars on something you’re worried about scratching and then take it out rock crawling. ??‍♂

Look, I don’t like tires sticking out, either, but I’m not trying to act like those fender flares are doing much to protect the guy behind me.
I’ve had too many rocks hit my Mustang when I lived in Florida from trucks with tires sticking out from the body that I can’t stand it. Maybe the tires sticking out wasn’t the issue, but I don’t think it helped.

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve had too many rocks hit my Mustang when I lived in Florida from trucks with tires sticking out from the body that I can’t stand it. Maybe the tires sticking out wasn’t the issue, but I don’t think it helped.
If the guy in front of you hits your car with debris from his tires, there’s no amount of fender flare that would have prevented that from happening, unless those fender flares were attached to the back of his vehicle like, idk, mud flaps.

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the guy in front of you hits your car with debris from his tires, there’s no amount of fender flare that would have prevented that from happening, unless those fender flares were attached to the back of his vehicle like, idk, mud flaps.
Looks like we have different views on what angles rocks can fly off a tire. Cool.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the big ones better than the small ones and no flares a lil more than that. But I like the option to put them back on for driving in the rain.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the look of No fender flares but man when you get off road in the mud that stuff goes flying! My truck doesn’t have any flares and it chucks mud 30 foot high. Not to mention it makes my windows muddy where I can’t see anything... so flares are nice to have to stop the mud from landing on your windows or getting all over you inside.
Yeah imagine that mud flying into the bronco with the doors off. I like the look on better, though I bet there will be some great after market replacements too

Bronco Billy Boy

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully this will suffice for now until someone can get some better shots.

These were taken as they were coming off of the Moab Rim trail. Having run that myself a few times is a pretty tough trail. I’m hoping someone got footage of them tackling the obstacles.

Photo credit: Dylon Onwiler
Ford Bronco First Look at 2021 Bronco With No Fender Flares (Removed) & Tab / Bolt Removal Video 8FEEE28F-528F-412D-BAB1-6ABFDCE1FD5E

Fender flare removal demonstration (turn of a tab) by Freewheelin Overland.

It doesn’t matter which look we like best. In 3 months the crackheads will have modified our Broncos for us. That is way too easy to get them off. Clever marketing from Ford, now they can sell us 3 sets every year. $$$ Also, it looks like a teenagers tuner car without the flares.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I must be weird, because actually like the original fender flares. It really help sell the overall look to me. Maybe once I see them in person, I'll prefer them off, I don't know.
I'm with you on this one. Maybe leaving them on will wind up being the new "uncut" version. ;)
Sponsored