Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes! This is what I've been waiting for. I spoke to Mike in October (?) and at that point it was in the plans with a tentative "Spring" release date. So right on track!
Sponsored

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  1. Installation was easy. Once again better than Bestop who had to remove your rear speakers. No removing of speakers with J Tops solution. The buckles and straps are superior and you have no straps flailing in the wind. I am going to increase the tension in a few days after sitting in the sun in Texas. I only removed the middle bracket that the soft top latches onto in Sunrider position which took less than a minute using the toolkit that came with the Bronco and you just put it back on after.
I saw it on their website and you mention it as well. You have to remove the soft top bracket then reinstall. Let's say you wanna run around for a day without the mesh. Do you have to remove that bracket again to take the mesh off or is that step only to add another bracket the mesh clips too.

It'd be nice if the company or someone on the companies behalf did a sort of video review showing the quality, features, the installation, and the function (ease of removal/reinstallation).

The only video I saw was on there site where you flip back a flap to close the soft top. I'd like to see a bit more before I commit.

I would ask this to Jtops, but I haven't actually seen them anywhere on the forum.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw it on their website and you mention it as well. You have to remove the soft top bracket then reinstall. Let's say you wanna run around for a day without the mesh. Do you have to remove that bracket again to take the mesh off or is that step only to add another bracket the mesh clips too.

It'd be nice if the company or someone on the companies behalf did a sort of video review showing the quality, features, the installation, and the function (ease of removal/reinstallation).

The only video I saw was on there site where you flip back a flap to close the soft top. I'd like to see a bit more before I commit.

I would ask this to Jtops, but I haven't actually seen them anywhere on the forum.
This is Mike from JTops. We will be shooting an installation video next week and will also be adding photos to address some of the questions.
This version of the shade does not have to be removed if you run a soft top.
You can fold it back to the bracket if you would like to have full sun. We will have pictures of it next week.
Any other questions let us know. Mike

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is Mike from JTops. We will be shooting an installation video next week and will also be adding photos to address some of the questions.
You can fold it back to the bracket if you would like to have full sun. We will have pictures of it next week.
Cool! That's actually exactly what I was really looking for. A shade that we could fold halfway back so we could get sun but keep our infant covered. Thanks for the response!

Slimpickens

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mike, what about us 2 door folk?

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man, I love the look and craftsmanship of this thing. Just don’t think it will work with SMS Exposed Racks and that’s the current direction I’m going for this summer until more soft top racks get released…

RUZ

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150, 2020 QX80
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How does the shade affect wind in the back seat?

My two 3.5 yr olds dont like the top being back because of the sun and it "messes up their hair".

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mike - @JTopsUSA I was wondering if you considered making a waterproof top - instead of mesh - make this from a twill or vinyl ?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

my complaint with the Bestop Bimini is that when it's in the fold back position to lock the soft top in place it sags down and rubs my head (I'm 6'5"). How the tension on this differ and will it sag when it's in the "stow" position?

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mike - @JTopsUSA I was wondering if you considered making a waterproof top - instead of mesh - make this from a twill or vinyl ?
WELL
This is a great question and we get it a lot!

What happens when you use a solid material for the top has to do with the Bernoulli effect. Just like an airplane wing the air rushing over the top creates a low pressure area. This low pressure causes the material to bubble up and without a structure like a factory soft top has there is no way to control it. Now we could add structure rods but that would create other design issues and a complete new design. We have tried different ideas for for years on our Jeep products with little success The reason the mesh works is it lets the air flow through defeating the Bernoulli effect. Since the pressure is released the top stays stable.
I hope this helps explain the challenge in creating a solid version of our shade. If I can be of further assistance please let me know.
Mike Matras
Owner
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my complaint with the Bestop Bimini is that when it's in the fold back position to lock the soft top in place it sags down and rubs my head (I'm 6'5"). How the tension on this differ and will it sag when it's in the "stow" position?
The front edge stays attached to windshield and only the front nylon strip folds back to install the soft top. there is no change in tightness of the sunshade. There is no sag related to the strip being folded back. Hope this helps answer your question. Mike

Here is a pic of the strip before its folded back only the small portion folds back providing access to the soft top flanges.

Ford Bronco J Tops USA designing a Bronco Bimini tempImageOcb18w

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does the shade affect wind in the back seat?

My two 3.5 yr olds dont like the top being back because of the sun and it "messes up their hair".
Get them hats and kill 2 birds with one stone 😅

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get them hats and kill 2 birds with one stone 😅
It will dramaticly reduce the wind coming in from above. Of course you have the wind from the windows being down to consider.
Mike
JTops