First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update down below 11MAR22 from this original post last year Awesome news, the great folks at J Tops USA have started designing a sun shade Bimini for the Ford Bronco! I don't know when it will be ready for production but once I do I will share. I am super excited after buying the Bestop 4 door Bimini and being disappointed in the design of it. The Bestop build quality appears to be good, from the two days I have had it on the vehicle, but the design is bad and they should have made two Biminis, one for a soft top and one for a hard top. It is noisy at the crossbar, the crossbar attachment if flawed, there are zippers everywhere that ruins the open view, and the front material is bulky. I will be buying a J Top Bimini once it is available. Photos attached, will share when I learn more.
Ford Bronco J Tops USA designing a Bronco Bimini IMG-1408
Ford Bronco J Tops USA designing a Bronco Bimini IMG-1411
Ford Bronco J Tops USA designing a Bronco Bimini IMG-1405

Update 11MAR21:
I have fantastic news! The outstanding J Tops USA team is nearly ready to begin production. They came down the other day to my house to put a test version on my Bronco and are now making a few final adjustments. This Bimini from J Top is outstanding and by far the best solution for the Bronco four door soft top, period. I have it on my vehicle still and will be providing regular updates to their team as they finalize it.

Here is a link to their Facebook, they just posted a photo of it on my Bronco: https://www.facebook.com/jtopsusa

What I love, and I formerly owned the Bestop Bimini which was not a good solution so I can compare:
  1. The team at J Tops USA, the owner is dedicated to quality and his customers and will not accept anything less than the best: https://www.jtopsusa.com/customer-photos
  2. Durability and quality of the material (far superior in everyway to Bestop). The stitching, the industrial magnets, the straps and buckles, placement, everything just great.
  3. Fit! It fits like a glove. They spent a lot of time on this challenging opening of the Bronco to ensure a perfect fit with no gaps, tight pull, and amazing anchoring points that don't interfere with the operation. Also, no bar in the middle of Bronco so you still have 100% of your opening. The Bestop was terrible in this regard with a horrible aftermarket fit that should had never been put into production.
  4. Installation was easy. Once again better than Bestop who had to remove your rear speakers. No removing of speakers with J Tops solution. The buckles and straps are superior and you have no straps flailing in the wind. I am going to increase the tension in a few days after sitting in the sun in Texas. I only removed the middle bracket that the soft top latches onto in Sunrider position which took less than a minute using the toolkit that came with the Bronco and you just put it back on after.
  5. Performance is awesome! The tension, fit and adjustability are terrific. No noise, no sun, and easy operation of the soft top.
  6. Not sure what pricing will be but I know it will be competitive and you will get a quality solution.
  7. Family reaction: My 6 year old daughters loved it, said it was way better than the other Bimini we tried. They especially loved the graphics and fit. My wife, who is an OCD accountant, thought it was far superior and was impressed. She does not want the flag and Bronco on it, she prefers a clean graphite color. I am leaning towards the flag Bronco design.
I love this solution and the J Tops brand. This will be my first product of theirs and I will be a loyal customer forever. Can't wait for others to try this out on their Broncos. I know they have a strong Jeep following.
Sponsored

Last edited:

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Two door?

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome news, the great folks at J Tops USA have started designing a sun shade Bimini for the Ford Bronco! I don't know when it will be ready for production but once I do I will share. I am super excited after buying the Bestop 4 door Bimini and being disappointed in the design of it. The Bestop build quality appears to be good, from the two days I have had it on the vehicle, but the design is bad and they should have made two Biminis, one for a soft top and one for a hard top. It is noisy at the crossbar, the crossbar attachment if flawed, there are zippers everywhere that ruins the open view, and the front material is bulky. I will be buying a J Top Bimini once it is available. Photos attached, will share when I learn more.
Has there been any update from J Top?

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i wonder if this would be able to stay on with a hard top

Sponsored

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I wrote Jtops a few months back asking if they were coming out with one and they said yes BUT…so far they hadn’t been happy with their product so still waiting.

I loved the Jtop USA shade top I had on my Wrangler and I won’t buy anyone else’s.

041AC649-BF52-4F97-9C74-AC82C4B9BD20.png

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I wrote Jtops a few months back asking if they were coming out with one and they said yes BUT…so far they hadn’t been happy with their product so still waiting.

I loved the Jtop USA shade top I had on my Wrangler and I won’t buy anyone else’s.
I emailed them today......no response yet. I don't see any "Bronco" verbiage on any of their website.

OP
OP

BuckyAsh

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has there been any update from J Top?
I have fantastic news! Their outstanding team is nearly ready to begin production. They came down the other day to my house to put a test version on my Bronco and are now making a few final adjustments. This Bimini from J Top is outstanding and by far the best solution for the Bronco four door soft top, period. I have it on my vehicle still and will be providing regular updates to their team as they finalize it.

Here is a link to their Facebook, they just posted a photo of it on my Bronco: https://www.facebook.com/jtopsusa

What I love, and I formerly owned the Bestop Bimini which was not a good solution so I can compare:
  1. The team at J Tops USA, the owner is dedicated to quality and his customers and will not accept anything less than the best: https://www.jtopsusa.com/customer-photos
  2. Durability and quality of the material (far superior in everyway to Bestop). The stitching, the industrial magnets, the straps and buckles, placement, everything just great.
  3. Fit! It fits like a glove. They spent a lot of time on this challenging opening of the Bronco to ensure a perfect fit with no gaps, tight pull, and amazing anchoring points that don't interfere with the operation. Also, no bar in the middle of Bronco so you still have 100% of your opening. The Bestop was terrible in this regard with a horrible aftermarket fit that should had never been put into production.
  4. Installation was easy. Once again better than Bestop who had to remove your rear speakers. No removing of speakers with J Tops solution. The buckles and straps are superior and you have no straps flailing in the wind. I am going to increase the tension in a few days after sitting in the sun in Texas. I only removed the middle bracket that the soft top latches onto in Sunrider position which took less than a minute using the toolkit that came with the Bronco and you just put it back on after.
  5. Performance is awesome! The tension, fit and adjustability are terrific. No noise, no sun, and easy operation of the soft top.
  6. Not sure what pricing will be but I know it will be competitive and you will get a quality solution.
  7. Family reaction: My 6 year old daughters loved it, said it was way better than the other Bimini we tried. They especially loved the graphics and fit. My wife, who is an OCD accountant, thought it was far superior and was impressed. She does not want the flag and Bronco on it, she prefers a clean graphite color. I am leaning towards the flag Bronco design.
I love this solution and the J Tops brand. This will be my first product of theirs and I will be a loyal customer forever. Can't wait for others to try this out on their Broncos. I know they have a strong Jeep following.

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the update! That's great news and I'm looking forward to getting one again.

Question...I was able to leave my Jtops bimini on with my soft top on my Jeep...all I needed to do was release the two front latches, is it the same for the Bronco?

OP
OP

BuckyAsh

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the update! That's great news and I'm looking forward to getting one again.

Question...I was able to leave my Jtops bimini on with my soft top on my Jeep...all I needed to do was release the two front latches, is it the same for the Bronco?
Yes, you can leave it on. All you do is fold the fold the front part back a few inches. There are industrial magnets holding it down at the front corner and an anchor strap right after the space for the soft top to fit. A great solution.

Sponsored

BroncoBill44

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No comment
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just ordered!

BroncoBill44

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No comment
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Preorders are live!!

cbrum23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500, 1974 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When do you think they will offer the custom printed option (really like the American flag with red bronco as shown on their site)? I also have to figure out if this will fit under Bestop Trek top.

MontyMoose

First Edition
First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Road Glide, 2018 F-150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From their Broncosunshades dot com site: "The current version is for 4 Door OEM soft top use. When used with the soft top it never has to be removed. It can be used with the hard top but it must be removed to reinstall the hard top."

The inability to use it with the hard top without having to completely remove it will make it a hard no from me, which is unfortunate because this is actually one of the best looking bimini tops I've seen for the Bronco so far.

BroncoBill44

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No comment
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When do you think they will offer the custom printed option (really like the American flag with red bronco as shown on their site)? I also have to figure out if this will fit under Bestop Trek top.
Think the site said “May”
Sponsored