MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I readily admit my BL will never experience the type of off road use it was built to handle. I went with that model for the interior and package availability. If Ford had made it possible to obtain the high or Lux package in a BD model, that is the version I would own. Always wanted a first generation Bronco. The restored ones are outrageously expensive, and the total basket cases are outrageously expensive. My Bronco itch has been scratched and satisfaction achieved. My BL will ride the beach dunes of the east coast, and the well blazed road trails of woodlands. It will see the Bad Lands, Utah, and other magnificent regions of the west, but it will never crawl a rock. When I picked up my Bronco and the sales rep showed me the ins and outs of the controls, as he pointed to the sway bar disconnect button I chimed in with, “ now there’s a button that most likely will never be pushed”. So my only issue is the option limitations on the models.
Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I HATE the fact that Ford threw steelies on the black diamond. It just screams lazy to me and they covered it up by saying they did that to be more durable. Should have only come in base model. People have asked if mine was base model since I have steels on my black diamond lol
I love the optional Aluminum wheels on the BD. Best looking wheel offered on the Bronco IMO.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Instead of being butt hurt that there’s a 4-door Bronco, maybe the 2-door fans could try being thankful. In today’s world, Ford would never have resurrected the 2-door Bronco alone, so if it weren’t for the 4-door, your beloved 2-door wouldn’t even exist!

So, you’re **** welcome!

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Instead of being butt hurt that there’s a 4-door Bronco, maybe the 2-door fans could try being thankful. In today’s world, Ford would never have resurrected the 2-door Bronco alone, so if it weren’t for the 4-door, your beloved 2-door wouldn’t even exist!

So, you’re **** welcome!
Yep, I'm thankful to all of you station wagon owners for making it possible for me to get a Real Bronco. Thank you :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

So, you’re **** welcome!
THIS.

YOU'RE BELOVED TWO DOOR DOESN'T EXIST WITHOUT THE FOUR DOOR TO PAY FOR IT.

Also the 4 door is better in many offroad situations. There's a reason a lot of hardcore offroad rigs are 4 door or otherwise LWB.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's mine - the Bronco is fine just the way it is...no need to mod the sh*t out of it and replace everything. Ford did a great job so credit to them for building an awesome vehicle!

NO, I don't work for Ford. YES, I waited a really long time to get mine too.
So well said and I completely agree. I love my Basesquatch just the way it is- 0 complaints.

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might wanna get your eyes checked. You could be color blind. Area 51 is very greenish-blue, not gray. Are you sure you're not thinking of Cactus Gray which is in fact gray?

I'm kinda the opposite on the SAS package. 4 door it looks great. 2 Door the tire look a bit large. But any of the trims with 32's or lower look comically small to me. Big wheel wells and small tires are just bad.

Is there anyone else that makes rubber backs for the rear seats? I haven't found anyone else. They are almost definitely made in China.
Maybe if the Bronco6g community hits up @weathertech enough then they might add to their line. Most of their liners, and mats are made in the U.S.A.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wish only the back clamshell was removable like the classic Broncos, and the front roof section was fixed.
The classic Bronco I had ('72) had a one piece top that came off. It covered from windshield to tailgate. Anything but a gen 1 is cool but not a classic.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The classic Bronco I had ('72) had a one piece top that came off. It covered from windshield to tailgate. Anything but a gen 1 is cool but not a classic.
For some reason I was under the impression that vehicles over 20 years are considered classic, I must have missed when that excluded Broncos.

Sponsored

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And my favorite: No, you don't NEED lockers, trail cameras and swaybar disconnects to do most of the trails you will ever do. Yes, they come in handy for that last 5% of trails you'll want to tackle and it's cheaper to get those things up front in your initial build. But if you didn't, it doesn't mean you can't go off-road and have fun. It may take a little more work and strategy, but you can still go most places your buddies are going. A Bronco is a Bronco, and I've learned that even the cheapest, least-equipped one is still worthy of that name and is a very capable off-road machine once you put some decent tires on it.
#Triggered

I'm fully aware that my Bronco will only see the local offroad courses and the beach - but I really wanted the vinyl interior since I have 3 kids. I really love to say things like "This bad boy can drive over boulders, sides of mountains - not that I ever will, but it could." Like a Mitch Hedberg joke.

The 360 camera is super great for my wife maneuvering the vehicle in tight spaces of kid pickup LOL.

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For some reason I was under the impression that vehicles over 20 years are considered classic, I must have missed when that excluded Broncos.
You are correct. But it is weird to think of a 2002 Toyota Camry as a classic.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SAS means solid axle swap.
This is a hill worth dying on. I will spell out sasquatch every single time instead of accepting SAS.
Sponsored