Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this as far back as it goes?
Yes. It is behind the second row. The only people that really see it are people outside the car. However, it is much easier to remove the back window, sides and you have the added bonus of not have those two metal bars in the back area. Much cleaner look. I did not like the idea either in regards to not going all the way back. Honestly, for me, it is much more practical. I push the top off ever day! Love it.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could someone with this top in the 2 door configuration post a picture with the top down? Thanks in advance.

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Count me in as a Bestop Trektop believer!

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 1655327051574

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 1655326985710

I can echo what some others have said.
  • It just looks so much better overall than the OEM top (IMO)
    • I love the fastback look (though I know others don't)
    • It has a better overall fit and finish
    • It looks and feels higher quality
    • It doesn't have the wavy windows
    • It doesn't have that saggy covered wagon look the OEM has
  • It's not hard to put together so long as you take your time. having an extra pair of hands helps
  • Easy to open and close.
  • I love that instead of a kick-stand-type mechanism that only allows you about 12" of additional access to the cargo area... the Trektop back window can easily fold up and out of the way to give you complete access to the cargo area.
  • I didn't like how the OEM blocked the rear view when fully back... but the easy fix there would have been just don't go fully back so it wouldn't have been a deal breaker.
  • I have noticed it is quite a bit noisier than my hard top. I've seen so many people say they are about equally quiet, but that is not the case in my case. Maybe the hard top without the sound-deadening liner is equally quiet to the Trektop, but the hard top with the liner is quite a bit noticeably quieter than the Trektop. I expected that (I've owned other convertibles so it's not a surprise).
  • And as someone else has mentioned... I'm getting about 1mpg better gas mileage from the Trektop than I was getting with the hard top. My 2.7L Sasquatched Badlands was routinely getting 19 with the hard top. Now I'm finding myself getting closer to 19.5-20 with the Trektop.
I'm sure it will be a bit of a pita to swap seasonally between the hard top and Trektop... but I can't imagine it taking more than an hour each time so 2 hours a year to have the best of both worlds... I'll take it. Had I ordered the soft top instead of the hard top... I'd still in a heartbeat swap it out with the Trektop. They each have their advantages, but I find those advantages of the Trektop (coupled with looks) far outweigh the looks and advantages of the OEM soft top.

Sponsored

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Somebody want to post a photo of the rear window flipped up? Make me a disciple?

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What I'd like is something like this:
Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review to

Waterproof, lightweight, easy to put on and take off (entirely) whenever needed. Something for chance-of-rain days. Basically a rainfly for a Bronco. Does such a thing exist?

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soooo…the takeaway is I replaced my factory functional soft top for the Sarges Hat look soft top. Not my thing but you do you….

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All this bashing of everything from mudflaps to saggy windows to slanted tops to number of doors to color choices, etc... Does it make a person feel superior or help them feel better with the decision they made? I'm just curious of the pyche of the basher.

Sponsored

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All this bashing of everything from mudflaps to saggy windows to slanted tops to number of doors to color choices, etc... Does it make a person feel superior or help them feel better with the decision they made? I'm just curious of the pyche of the basher.
Probably depends on who you ask. I'm more of a positive person (glass half full rather than half empty kind of guy) so just because I don't like something for one reason or another doesn't mean I think others should confirm my choices by believing and doing the same. When I say I think the OEM soft top looks like a saggy covered wagon and it has wavy windows... that isn't "bashing" it. Some people like/prefer that look. That doesn't make me right and them wrong nor vice-versa. There is a lid for every pot. The lid that fit my pot just happened to be the Bestop... but that may not be the right lid for your pot. It's not bashing your lid by any means. It's just discussing WHY I chose what I chose. Of course we could just say "I did it" and not really discuss "why I did it." I guess that is one way to not be considered a basher. But then you'll always have the people ask "why did you make that decision?" Hopefully people can explain why with out others constantly being offended by a differing view and equating it to bashing.

Is someone saying they don't like the slant of my Trektop really "bashing" it... or just conversation on likes and dislikes? I assume the latter.

AMCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUR RON
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if you can use a Jtop bimini with the Bestop?

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually have this top for my 2 door, but haven’t received the actual Bronco yet. I figure to run with the hard top for a little while, then switch it out and see how I like the difference. It looks great.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Probably depends on who you ask. I'm more of a positive person (glass half full rather than half empty kind of guy) so just because I don't like something for one reason or another doesn't mean I think others should confirm my choices by believing and doing the same. When I say I think the OEM soft top looks like a saggy covered wagon and it has wavy windows... that isn't "bashing" it. Some people like/prefer that look. That doesn't make me right and them wrong nor vice-versa. There is a lid for every pot. The lid that fit my pot just happened to be the Bestop... but that may not be the right lid for your pot. It's not bashing your lid by any means. It's just discussing WHY I chose what I chose. Of course we could just say "I did it" and not really discuss "why I did it." I guess that is one way to not be considered a basher. But then you'll always have the people ask "why did you make that decision?" Hopefully people can explain why with out others constantly being offended by a differing view and equating it to bashing.

Is someone saying they don't like the slant of my Trektop really "bashing" it... or just conversation on likes and dislikes? I assume the latter.
I don't really want to hijack this thread but when people add in an unappealing description to further their point, I would say bashing. One example is the use of "saggy diaper" to describe an oem soft top. I would say it's unnecessary and adds nothing to the topic myself.
Sponsored