Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's funny how intolerant of other opinions you are in an unpopular opinion thread. Sorry that you are wrong and your bias keeps you from having the discussion.

I forgive you.
Hah, it's not an opinion kid. If Ford thought your idea was worth the effort they'd build it. No apologies for facts
Sponsored

Oldred57

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Modern cars like the Bronco have been loaded with way too much unnessesary crap. If Ford had made a truck with manual windows and manual seats that had no ipad in the dash and that was actually trully a washout vehicle designed to leave topless in the rain... if they had actually made a modern vehicle that incorporated decelopments in automotive advancment and construction without all the forced digitisation; Ford would have dominated the car market for decades and reestablished the brand once again as the worlds preeminent car company.

Opportunity lost. As a share holder I expected better.
Though I personally think they shouldve went that way on lower trims, they wouldn’t sell that well. The traditionalist, less convenient market is narrow and that group is already buying older vehicles for that reason. You might as well get used to the idea of screens in the dash though. Mandatory backup cameras killed any traditional radio for good. Personally I could live with 2 knobs and a needle.

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope it takes another 2 years for my bronco to show up. Ordered it with every conceivable constraint 1/22.

If my bronco ever shows up and it’s a POS, I’ll just dump it. Maybe someone here will buy it? If it’s great, I’ll keep it.

Not selling the Jeep since it’s clearly the better off-road rig.

Builder

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 CC F350 4x4, 2002 F150 4x4, 2013 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hah, it's not an opinion kid. If Ford thought your idea was worth the effort they'd build it. No apologies for facts
Because you think Ford has handled this rollout flawlessly?

Sponsored

Builder

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 CC F350 4x4, 2002 F150 4x4, 2013 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The rollout has nothing to do with what type of vehicle Ford or any other company believes will be profitable.
They are Management decisions.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2.7l is not enough of a difference over the 2.3l to justify its existence.

Sasquatch should not be an option on Badlands

Washout floors should be standard on all trims with carpet an option.

trim levels vs options are too tedious

Area 51 will age poorly and be the equivalent of avocado green from the 60s and 70s
I really hope you are right about A51. I look forward to the day my A51 Bronco looks dated and is out of favor!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like how the yellowstone heritage Bronco looks
There is no Yellowstone Heritage. There is only Yellowstone Heritage Limited.

Yeah, you can't get either Heritage color on the Heritage.

ME3iON

Outer Banks
First Name
Rhyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang, 2011 Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the frameless windows but man they have some issues for sure. If they are just cracked they rattle like crazy over bumps, and they catch on the seal every time I open the doors. I’ve heard they can be adjusted so that’s the first thing I’ll ask the dealer when i get the first oil change. But I really do like the way the look and feel with the windows all the way down.
Well, since we're poking bears...

It's not a "she" and certainly not a "he", it's an "it"

It's also not a "rig" unless you added 14 wheels (please don't)

Bolting on a bunch of stuff ordered online is not a "build", that would have to include at least one self made part or a creative use of a part from some other vehicle or similar creative problem solving. The rest is playing with expensive legos. If anyone with the $ can do it, it's not impressive

Even the expensive LED lights and light bars look like cheap crap from Aliexpress and most that add them won't ever need them for anything but annoying oncoming traffic and thinking they make their hands grow

Neon ditch lights or under body lights make it a clown car ready for a circus parade

Huge wheels with "poke" make it look like a Tonka toy on the closeout shelf at Target

A huge lift that requires automatic drop down stairs to get in is silly unless you compete with monster trucks in a stadium. And not even those have that 'feature'

Stealth wraps are ugly, only topped by spraying bedliner all over the "rig"

Colored shackles have already gotten their deserved beating

The 8 inch screen is NEVER enough

Cyber Orange is hands down the best color, I doubt I'd have bought one otherwise, would have tried to get a Mojito Green Wrangler instead. Time for a fun color in my life, I've had all the white/grey/black boredom.

I'd not even notice if the tachometer wasn't there, only time I ever paid attention to that device was when I tried to get my dads car into the red on the Autobahn a long time ago. Useless info to me.

The big number telling me my speed is all I need and I love it right where it is, usually can't see the analog one since it's behind my left hand.

Adding a winch and lights and wheels that look like jet engine parts and rotopacks and a shovel and little toy pockets to molle panels and boxes and an RTT to the top, anything to have that "off to Camel Trophy" look at the mall is cringey.

Bronze anything looks like crap and certainly doesn't look like bronze, it's brown.

Sas is short for Sasquatch, SAS talks about an axle, learn the difference

The Sas wheels look just fine, I like the horse shoe circle design, fitting for a Bronco

The soft top has a nice retro look to it, adds to the retro design of the whole package. I open it almost every day for weeks now, would never do that fiddling with panels. Did it twice today for a 2 mile drive. Glorious.

Hey, do what you want with your "rig", if I see one floating by with disco lights and tractor wheels, trunk full of subwoofers and the required bad rap "music" with too much bass rattling my fillings, I'll still smile. Just don't do that angry eyes crap, or I'll have to laugh ;-P

Mine will remain stock until I find I need to add something. I'd not have bought it if I didn't like the wheels or trail sights or soft top or.... It's perfect for me and my needs. And being stock, mine will soon be the most unique in town :-D

Funny thread, now I'm gonna let the bear sleep again ;-p
My Cactus Gray OBX with Lux will also remain stock until I have to lift it and buy 35s Ridge Grapllers wrapped around my OBX wheels. Thats not gonna happen until I need to change the tires. I've driven my OBX on Shafer Trail in Moab Utah. I know the Bronco is very capable and I love mine as a daily driver.
Well thought post. You surely woken up the bear, or the "Sasquach" in this case. I love my Bronco as it came from the factory. Hell, I've waited for it for 5 months, now that I have I love it even more the way it came from Michigan. As cool as dressed-up "rig" looks, I still have a passion for stock looking Bronco. At this time , Broncos still grabs many attention and I believe that it looks cool to many people. No need for excessive bolt-on accessories.

My unpopular opinion: Stock 4 Cyl soft top Cactus Gray OBX is classy and SEXY.

Sponsored

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I see loud colors on a vehicle, 9/10 it’s probably a douchebag.
Sparkle orange is super loud. When I was driving it home all I could see was the orange hood, I was telling myself I made a huge mistake. It’s grown on me, and now I wouldn’t have it any other color. I’m actually trying to be a bigger D bag these days. I park in 2 handicap spots at a time. I have also begun throwing trash out the window when cruising the mall, cat calling married woman with their families.

Does anyone have a discount link for color matched Chinese shackles?

Last edited:

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These look dumb with doors and roofs off.

Jeeps were doorless vehicles adapted to have doors, these Broncos not so much. I think modern Jeeps are uglier overall, but door openings look a lot better than the Bronco's.

The roll cage is so much now that from the profile view its hard to tell the roof is even off. I would have much preferred a classic over the head roll bar with nothing between the windshield and b-pillars. (Also a problem on modern Jeeps.)

MGV is genius marketing to sell people garbage.

The headlights are too far apart.

Trying to make these look more retro fails every time. Too much rubber and plastic for white tops and grills to work.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7l is not enough of a difference over the 2.3l to justify its existence.

Sasquatch should not be an option on Badlands

Washout floors should be standard on all trims with carpet an option.

trim levels vs options are too tedious

Area 51 will age poorly and be the equivalent of avocado green from the 60s and 70s
None of the models have wash out floors. They have "wipe down" floors at best.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just...no. I don't want to reach past 2 feet of tailgate to get to anything in the trunk. Then you wouldn't be able to stand under the rear window either.

An actual tailgate would freakin suck.
A tailgate would be super cool though, if you actually think about it.
Sponsored