Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really dislike the frame less windows. I have it down where I pull the handle let the window down and then open the door, but when I have passengers they don't know to do that. I am just waiting to see a window break. I have also had to reset them so they go up and down at the appropriate time. I get the reason behind them, but it just bothers me.
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This thread is for unpopular opinions, not stupid ones.

Easy now. The point of an unpopular opinion thread is so you can say what you think without someone else getting butthurt. If you don't want to read unpopular opinions, then don't.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The rear door should be a TAILGATE. Hinges at the bottom, handle in the middle. Spare tire should be on it's own swing out carrier - unlatch, swing it out, open tailgate.
Just...no. I don't want to reach past 2 feet of tailgate to get to anything in the trunk. Then you wouldn't be able to stand under the rear window either.

An actual tailgate would freakin suck.

Sponsored

Bronc5280

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shevrolegs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Modern cars like the Bronco have been loaded with way too much unnessesary crap. If Ford had made a truck with manual windows and manual seats that had no ipad in the dash and that was actually trully a washout vehicle designed to leave topless in the rain... if they had actually made a modern vehicle that incorporated decelopments in automotive advancment and construction without all the forced digitisation; Ford would have dominated the car market for decades and reestablished the brand once again as the worlds preeminent car company.

Opportunity lost. As a share holder I expected better.

Last edited:

Bronc5280

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shevrolegs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 doors just look wrong. Bad proportions, too much visually going on at the junction of the rear door/window/top/quarter panel.

The "retro" Bronco script emblems are overdone. When the first guy or two put them their Bronco, it was interesting - now it's just generic and played out.

Bigger lifts and huge tires are just a waste of money for street driven rigs. If you're doing the hardest trails in Moab every day, OK, but otherwise.....nah.

The rear door should be a TAILGATE. Hinges at the bottom, handle in the middle. Spare tire should be on it's own swing out carrier - unlatch, swing it out, open tailgate.
I like where you are going, the classic Broncos were tailgates and I would love to have that back window drop down again... But I feel the barn door style of late 90s model Tahoes would have been a game changer and the perfect solution for these rigs.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I read a post last night where someone stuck their neck out and said the Bronco retro emblems are ugly, often times Chinese made plastic that we're all so giddy to throw on our 2022 vehicles. Whatever you think of the retro script, it was refreshing to read a contrarian opinion.

This has me thinking what are other fun unpopular opinions?

Here's a few that have been on my mind...
  • BFG KO2's are an overrated AT tire that has been caught or passed by competitors since it's debut
  • Amber DRL's are obnoxious and overdone on most vehicles
  • Sasquatch package makes every single trim look worse (cartoonish proportions)
  • People who ordered Area 51 are so proud they chose a "color" when it's essentially gray
ugg, the Trolls let the trolls in again

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really dislike the frame less windows. I have it down where I pull the handle let the window down and then open the door, but when I have passengers they don't know to do that. I am just waiting to see a window break. I have also had to reset them so they go up and down at the appropriate time. I get the reason behind them, but it just bothers me.
Yup. Agree 100% and have said the same thing.

For what its worth, apparently the dealers can realign and correct this issue (physically, not the window switch method).

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford should've just went with Method rims, they are the default stock wheels anyways.

Putting the same bronze rims on as every else, isn't "making it mine".

If you're going to save $30 (or $400) by only installing two mudflaps, make it the back pair, the guy behind you doesn't want rocks thrown at his vehicle either.

Last edited:

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have driven both. 4 door is better.
That was a comment on 4 door Bronco vs 4Runner.

However, if you're saying Bronco 2 door vs 4 door, well then the right one is 2 door! ;)

Joking aside, as a tall guy I notice the b-pillar on the 4 door hitting my left shoulder. My shoulder presses against it and that makes the drivers cockpit small.

The 2 door has the b-pillar farther back and it's placed behind my shoulder with the seat at it's farthest position. The doors are bigger(longer). My shoulder has lots of room and I can drive with my elbow out the window. Feels like a proper full size cockpit.

I'm only 6' 1" slim, wear size large, as-in normal American male.

Compare that bronco 4 door with the 4runner and you don't have the b-pillar issue, it's a lot quieter on pavement, yet still capable off road, and the rear cargo area is bigger. Compare build quality and the toyota is a few points higher. The Bronco is definitely a more cool looking vehicle but for the purpose of owning a 4 door suv, that's the only thing the bronco has over the 4runner!

That's my objective pinion, no feelings just observation!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unpopular but true, you're still in your honeymoon phase!

Drive both!
I have!

Not that I even needed to, given that the 4Runner doesn't come with a stick, removable roof, and removable doors. They are two very different SUVs with different pros and cons, and saying "just get x over y" without considering those differences is, well, kinda dumb.

ETA: looks like you've doubled-down with your further comment of "The Bronco is definitely a more cool looking vehicle but for the purpose of owning a 4 door suv, that's the only thing the bronco has over the 4runner!

That's my objective pinion, no feelings just observation!" I suggest you observe a little harder.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have!

Not that I even needed to, given that the 4Runner doesn't come with a stick, removable roof, and removable doors. They are two very different SUVs with different pros and cons, and saying "just get x over y" without considering those differences is, well, kinda dumb.

ETA: looks like you've doubled-down with your further comment of "The Bronco is definitely a more cool looking vehicle but for the purpose of owning a 4 door suv, that's the only thing the bronco has over the 4runner!

That's my objective pinion, no feelings just observation!" I suggest you observe a little harder.
Even worse than 4 door is the 4 door soft top. Talk about a limited purpose vehicle!

The way I look at 4 door is double duty with family in mind. Road trips, drive kids to and and from school, grocery getter, everything you'd use an suv for.

I could care less about the doors coming off and frankly think it's a stupid idea.

Taking the top off for short time during summer OK I give it that but that alone isn't enough to overcome the rest of the comprises.

You wanted unpopular, I'm giving it! :D
Sponsored