Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, since we're poking bears...

It's not a "she" and certainly not a "he", it's an "it"

It's also not a "rig" unless you added 14 wheels (please don't)

Bolting on a bunch of stuff ordered online is not a "build", that would have to include at least one self made part or a creative use of a part from some other vehicle or similar creative problem solving. The rest is playing with expensive legos. If anyone with the $ can do it, it's not impressive

Even the expensive LED lights and light bars look like cheap crap from Aliexpress and most that add them won't ever need them for anything but annoying oncoming traffic and thinking they make their hands grow

Neon ditch lights or under body lights make it a clown car ready for a circus parade

Huge wheels with "poke" make it look like a Tonka toy on the closeout shelf at Target

A huge lift that requires automatic drop down stairs to get in is silly unless you compete with monster trucks in a stadium. And not even those have that 'feature'

Stealth wraps are ugly, only topped by spraying bedliner all over the "rig"

Colored shackles have already gotten their deserved beating

The 8 inch screen is NEVER enough

Cyber Orange is hands down the best color, I doubt I'd have bought one otherwise, would have tried to get a Mojito Green Wrangler instead. Time for a fun color in my life, I've had all the white/grey/black boredom.

I'd not even notice if the tachometer wasn't there, only time I ever paid attention to that device was when I tried to get my dads car into the red on the Autobahn a long time ago. Useless info to me.

The big number telling me my speed is all I need and I love it right where it is, usually can't see the analog one since it's behind my left hand.

Adding a winch and lights and wheels that look like jet engine parts and rotopacks and a shovel and little toy pockets to molle panels and boxes and an RTT to the top, anything to have that "off to Camel Trophy" look at the mall is cringey.

Bronze anything looks like crap and certainly doesn't look like bronze, it's brown.

Sas is short for Sasquatch, SAS talks about an axle, learn the difference

The Sas wheels look just fine, I like the horse shoe circle design, fitting for a Bronco

The soft top has a nice retro look to it, adds to the retro design of the whole package. I open it almost every day for weeks now, would never do that fiddling with panels. Did it twice today for a 2 mile drive. Glorious.

Hey, do what you want with your "rig", if I see one floating by with disco lights and tractor wheels, trunk full of subwoofers and the required bad rap "music" with too much bass rattling my fillings, I'll still smile. Just don't do that angry eyes crap, or I'll have to laugh ;-P

Mine will remain stock until I find I need to add something. I'd not have bought it if I didn't like the wheels or trail sights or soft top or.... It's perfect for me and my needs. And being stock, mine will soon be the most unique in town :-D

Funny thread, now I'm gonna let the bear sleep again ;-p
I was calling mine a wagon but this just makes me want to call her a rig from now on.
Sponsored

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didn't change a single thing on my order between reservation (trim & door count only at that point), banks 1st opening, MY'22 re-order, and final delivery.

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unpopular opinion.. I don't like the way trims were set up. If I want a bronco with 360 degree camera as a safety feature, and I want marine grade vinyl, I am automatically getting a badlands. The amount of hate I would get about "you won't ever use the sway bar disconnect" or "why do you daily drive a badlands" will be forever annoying.

I don't want separate vehicles for separate uses. My day job is in the city, and my weekends are spent logging. I want to be able to wash out the sawdust I will undoubtedly wear and not strike a tree in a blind spot; oh, and not getting stuck in snow at work.

CashOfLegend

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2009 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I really hope you are right about A51. I look forward to the day my A51 Bronco looks dated and is out of favor!
dated maybe…Bronco out of favor? NEVER!!!

Sponsored

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco should only be a 2-dr is my unpopular opinion—because that’s what a Bronco is.

But I get why they make a 4-dr, obviously. I just wish they’d give it another name. Then again, they also put the nameplate on the “sport” model, so anything goes, I guess? :ROFLMAO:

KDTX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Bronco Raptor fender flares are hideous
2. All the homegrown - "throwback" versions with white this and that and weird graphics are hideous. They remind me of guys who put BMW logos on there Nissan Sentras in the early 90's.
3. I owned a 2 door. Now I own a 4 door. The 4 door is better on all acounts (although the 2 door looked a little better than the 4 door when tops are removed).

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco should only be a 2-dr is my unpopular opinion—because that’s what a Bronco is.

But I get why they make a 4-dr, obviously. I just wish they’d give it another name. Then again, they also put the nameplate on the “sport” model, so anything goes, I guess? :ROFLMAO:
Consider how much bigger the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gen Broncos were compared to the 1st gen. The 4-Door Bronco is only slightly larger than the 5th gen 2-Door. In my mind, the 2-Door is the proper successor the 1st gen, and the 4-Door is the proper successor to the FSB.

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco Raptor’s fenders look like Dumbo’s ears, image credit The Walt Disney Company:
Ford Bronco What's your unpopular Bronco opinion? 2C4ED212-ED0A-43FE-BE00-DFBBC2DB1CB7

If you insult or “troll” the BRaptor you can’t view the content btw 😔

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Removable top and doors are cool. Kinda wish they didn't exist. Like the Boxy look though, so I'm not sure a reworked Everest would have worked well.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Four door broncos look bad.....
Trail sights look worse....
Trail sight deletes look worse than the problem they're intended to fix.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unpopular but true, you're still in your honeymoon phase!

Drive both!
10 year old tech, tiny screen, fixed roof, no front and rear lockers, small tires, seats not nearly as comfortable, see them all the time and not original...

I love 4Runners by the way. Was planning to get one till the Bronco was announced.

Last edited:

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Modern cars like the Bronco have been loaded with way too much unnessesary crap. If Ford had made a truck with manual windows and manual seats that had no ipad in the dash and that was actually trully a washout vehicle designed to leave topless in the rain... if they had actually made a modern vehicle that incorporated decelopments in automotive advancment and construction without all the forced digitisation; Ford would have dominated the car market for decades and reestablished the brand once again as the worlds preeminent car company.

Opportunity lost. As a share holder I expected better.
I agree they would have dominated the enthusiast market. A few challenges with this outside the fact that a screen is legally required in the US for backup cams.

• Not enough volume to support a full model line of vehicles at this price point for the build you are suggesting.
  • The car you're describing is a second or third car and would not be suitable as a single car daily driver for the mass market.
  • The general mass market consumer prefers infotainment, comfort and convenience we enthusiasts might not prefer. They view vehicles as an appliance. The easier and more comfortable, the better.

If Ford sold this to an enthusiast market at about twice the price point and built an entire brand line from it even beyond the Bronco Sport, then there's a business case for your argument, but they have not and IMO could not approach it that way.

Even Jeep who has a very extensive lineup doesn't produce the vehicle you're suggesting. While it would be a lot of fun to have a Bronco come off the line in the trim you describe, the consumer who wants that vehicle is the same who customizes it to their liking and rarely keeps the vehicle stock. The Base Bronco is built to address this market.

There's an argument, then, that Ford did build the model you're asking for in the Base and, while not every trim will fit every person's use case, anyone in the market for a body on frame off-roader, has a trim option that is likely to suit him/her.

Edit: I'd be remiss if I didn't touch on Ford's awareness of this through their extensive accessory catalogue and aftermarket support for the Bronco. While I've never seen their brand profile or brand brief, I'd have to imagine 'Individuality' was a Tone element.
Sponsored