Sponsored

New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How did you get yours so level when it’s at the top?

I’m still working on the balance. When the top is almost to the floor it’s balanced, but when at the top of the ceiling it’s not. I’m womdering if I move the front pulley more towards the front of the vehicle if that would level this thing out. When I go to lower the rear pegs engage about 5-6” before the front ones. Not a show stopper but seems it could be leveled better.

It shouldn't change as it goes up, unless it's winding the cable all bunched up?
Sponsored

OP
OP
bhornberger

bhornberger

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It shouldn't change as it goes up, unless it's winding the cable all bunched up?
Doesn’t seem to be binding up. I’ll grab a video this weekend when I remove the top.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drilled out the back lock-pin holes to 1/2" and the lifting points fit in perfectly.

To be able to mount all roof sections, on such a low clearance and sloped roof. AWESOME!!!

Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. 20220604_150347

DW HOG

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hummed and hawed about this for a while but finally purchased it last week. Should be able to install it within the next few weeks once it arrives.

Ultimately it suits my use case a lot more than the alternatives (Harken manual hoist or a Top-Loft Pro).

Im planning on mounting the electric hoist on the back garage wall and horizontally run the cables to ceiling mounted pulleys. That will give me the absolute minimum clearance for headroom.

My garage ceiling is also slopes to one side so this centerline lift system was really the only option.

As for the mid secrion support, it'll be just fine I'm predicting. Worst case some quicker wear and tear on the weatherstripping where it meets the clamshell. But truthfully I'd probably cause similar damage from having to find somewhere else in the garage to store it (ie. Shelf or ground).

Regardless, I'm excited!

craq5

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. 20220624_203810

Just installed for a 4 dr. The rear y bars are tight. You have to make sure the rubberized lift pieces are seated as square as possible. I disconnected one of the spring push in pins, seated rubberized lift, pushed downward on the y compressing the round black pads, while simultaneously trying to squeeze the bar until spring pin engaged. Kind of a pain but it finally clicked in. I am going to ask for a new slightly longer bar maybe 1/8-3/16 and it should do the trick.

Sponsored

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just want to buy 4 of those flat hooks. I think 4 measured straps tied to those flat hooks with an electric hoist should do the trick. Too bad, hooks like that are nowhere to be found.

xdvgx

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can any 4 door owners of this lift speak to the forces on the mid panel connector? I am looking for something and I like this system, I like that it is actually designed for the bronco and not a repurposed porduct from Jeep, but I am not digging that it lifts the mid panel and back panel as one assembly. How are the OE pivot connectors that hold the two together attached at the bottom? Screwed in or glued?

It seems like maybe those connectors could be strong enoguh if the hardtop was made of metal, but in a composite or whatever the hardtop is made of, I fear it could delaminate.

I grabbed a screenshot from their video showing the moment the lift starts, look at the flexing on the mid panel.

I am considering grabbing the 2 door version instead and putting the mid panel on a wall or something.

Lange hardtop.PNG

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can any 4 door owners of this lift speak to the forces on the mid panel connector? I am looking for something and I like this system, I like that it is actually designed for the bronco and not a repurposed porduct from Jeep, but I am not digging that it lifts the mid panel and back panel as one assembly. How are the OE pivot connectors that hold the two together attached at the bottom? Screwed in or glued?

It seems like maybe those connectors could be strong enoguh if the hardtop was made of metal, but in a composite or whatever the hardtop is made of, I fear it could delaminate.
I was wondering the same thing.

xdvgx

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was wondering the same thing.

I emailed the company as well and didnt receive an answer

I ended up purchasing a generic electric hoist with wireless remote, Im just going to use some U-clips on the four roof mounting points and a 2x2 channel to distribute the weight.

timbal1963

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB WT, 22&23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. Lange hardtop.PNG

Just installed for a 4 dr. The rear y bars are tight. You have to make sure the rubberized lift pieces are seated as square as possible. I disconnected one of the spring push in pins, seated rubberized lift, pushed downward on the y compressing the round black pads, while simultaneously trying to squeeze the bar until spring pin engaged. Kind of a pain but it finally clicked in. I am going to ask for a new slightly longer bar maybe 1/8-3/16 and it should do the trick.
I’m looking at this as well. Any feedback after using it?

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love my Lange Hoist for my 2 Dr hard top. I especially like how the rear pegs engage first, then the front lowers down.

Also, I love how this set-up enables me to store the front MIC panels on to.

The roof is level at full up storage position, too.

Pretty cool design.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At first, I just stored the panels in the storage bags. But after putting them on the top once, that was it, very easy and a great space saver. This lift has been awesome!

Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. IMG_3014

Ford Bronco New Lange electric hoist for bronco 2/4 door. IMG_3061

Reactions: Cat

craq5

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m looking at this as well. Any feedback after using it?
Lange support was great. They sent me a replacement y section to make the hoist brackets a little less tight. Works perfect. Have had no issues. (Except sometimes forgetting to unscrew one bolt and trying to lift the top, me problem)🤦‍♂️

Kearyclose

Badlands
First Name
Keary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drilled out the back lock-pin holes to 1/2" and the lifting points fit in perfectly.

To be able to mount all roof sections, on such a low clearance and sloped roof. AWESOME!!!

Do you have concerns about the stress put on the mid section when it all lifts? Does it bend and create risk of breaking over time?

Kearyclose

Badlands
First Name
Keary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I grabbed a screenshot from their video showing the moment the lift starts, look at the flexing on the mid panel.

I am considering grabbing the 2 door version instead and putting the mid panel on a wall or something.

I’ve been debating the same… and it just dawned on me that the 2 door clamshell is a different design. The 4 door has a cut out to allow for the mid section. They’re not interchangeable.
Sponsored