Sponsored

Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions?

FairPlayInc

Wildtrak
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those of you that have the Eibach coilovers installed, what are you first impressions of them? How is the ride quality? Better or worse than stock?
Sponsored

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you that have the Eibach coilovers installed, what are you first impressions of them? How is the ride quality? Better or worse than stock?
I put them on my 22 badlands SAS. The install was fairly straightforward. I dropped my sway bar for the front and didnā€™t even have to remove the upper control arms. Just drop the lower control arm and was able to get them in.
I got them for 1400 bucks at redline performance so I got a pretty sweet deal.

Anyway to answer your question, I really like them. They gave me control over the amount of lift I needed. I put 37 inch KO2s on and needed clearance. The ride is slightly softer and more comfortable than the bilstein SAS shocks that were in it before. The rebound is slightly less aggressive so they donā€™t bounce quite as much. All in all, itā€™s a much more comfortable ride. I highly recommend them. It was a great price and while they may not be the most capable off-road, theyā€™re perfect for on road and light trail duty. To clear the 37ā€˜s I am about 2/3 of the way up the collar of the shock. I could go a little higher if needed, but as it is I donā€™t rub at all.
Comfortable and capable - I recommend them. And in case youā€™re wondering, on Jeeps I have used TeraFlex, fox, and king shocks. For the money these are great.

OP
OP
FairPlayInc

FairPlayInc

Wildtrak
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put them on my 22 badlands SAS. The install was fairly straightforward. I dropped my sway bar for the front and didnā€™t even have to remove the upper control arms. Just drop the lower control arm and was able to get them in.
I got them for 1400 bucks at redline performance so I got a pretty sweet deal.

Anyway to answer your question, I really like them. They gave me control over the amount of lift I needed. I put 37 inch KO2s on and needed clearance. The ride is slightly softer and more comfortable than the bilstein SAS shocks that were in it before. The rebound is slightly less aggressive so they donā€™t bounce quite as much. All in all, itā€™s a much more comfortable ride. I highly recommend them. It was a great price and while they may not be the most capable off-road, theyā€™re perfect for on road and light trail duty. To clear the 37ā€˜s I am about 2/3 of the way up the collar of the shock. I could go a little higher if needed, but as it is I donā€™t rub at all.
Comfortable and capable - I recommend them. And in case youā€™re wondering, on Jeeps I have used TeraFlex, fox, and king shocks. For the money these are great.
Wow thank you for the great feedback!

I have a couple of follow up questions.

1. Do these coil overs affect the CV geometry like a spacer kit would?

2. Do you have a link to that slick deal you got?

Thanks!

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow thank you for the great feedback!

I have a couple of follow up questions.

1. Do these coil overs affect the CV geometry like a spacer kit would?

2. Do you have a link to that slick deal you got?

Thanks!
As a general rule these donā€™t have as much impact as a spacer (or collar if you were thinking of those as well) The Eibach coil overs donā€™t really impact maximum droop or CV angles substantially. If you take them over 2 inches of lift, you may want to consider the upper control arm swap so that you donā€™t maximize the joint angle there. However, at 2 inches or so even that isnā€™t a problem. Most people agree that once you go over 2 inches of lift you should probably change the UCA.
I did get it aligned - it was pretty far out. As I mentioned I have about 2 inches of lift, about 2/3 of the way up the shock barrel with the adjuster. With the 2 inches or so of lift, to get the toe corrected I am at the end of the elliptical adjusters for the lower control arms. Itā€™s not an issue - itā€™s just thereā€™s not a whole lot of adjustment left beyond where I am now.

I donā€™t have a link, but I got them from a place called Redline360. When I got them I also got a new customer discount so that added to my savings. My price was 1375 and with shipping it was just over 1400.

EDIT - I just searched on redline 360 and I donā€™t see them on the site anymore. Might be worth a phone call

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if a guy only needs to level his Bronco due to adding a winch and bumper I imagine these will get the job done for the front. My question is can the back be installed without adding any additional lift. According to the manufacture it looks as if it is about 1.5" minimum lift to the back.

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the feedback on the Eibachs.
Iā€™m looking forward to trying them. Iā€™ve used the brand of sports/drag cars in the past. Always pretty happy with their product and price point.

I ordered a set as a stop-gap to the FOX 2.5. Although I think theyā€™ll fit the bill long term. To err on the side of caution, and because Iā€™m already going to be tearing it apart I ordered Camburg tubular UCA and the rear lower trailing arm. Also getting rid of the crash bar brackets with the JKS big tire kit.

installed the ProCal today and was finally able to update the tire size.

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s awesome! Let us know what you think!
Will do! Let me if anybody wants measurements before I install them.

Itā€™s going to be a few weeks, Camburg is waiting on parts for the UCAs. I installed the ProCal tune on the 2.3l yesterday and updated my tire size. Iā€™m going to stick with the 35x12.50 MT A/T for a while. Crazy theyā€™re the same weight as the 37ā€ KO2s D Range.

I think these are going to fit the quality, function and price point for my goals perfect. I am concerned about sacrificing any OE road/ride quality, but these look real nice. Weā€™ll made. Solid. Iā€™ve used their products on track/street cars and have been happy. I expect the same here.

Iā€™m sitting on the NonSAS HOSS right now. No lift all OE. Next to the wife's Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 for comparison. Iā€™m going to try and get as many real world before and after measurements. Right now frame point to frame point she only sits 1/2ā€ higher. However her fender height is substantially more.

Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions? 7217E597-038A-4036-B99B-B8294044BDA2

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love them and the ride quality is much better than factory. Also got 3ā€ of lift with them without sacrificing ride quality. Worth every penny

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love them and the ride quality is much better than factory. Also got 3ā€ of lift with them without sacrificing ride quality. Worth every penny
Did you need to change the UCAs to get a decent alignment?

can you post some photos when you get a chance. Thanks šŸ¤™

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you need to change the UCAs to get a decent alignment?

can you post some photos when you get a chance. Thanks šŸ¤™
I did replace the UCA and rear lowers, also installed a aftermarket rear track bar

FE135773-9C33-491B-B1D8-8603563C133B.jpeg

3506F781-B850-4F97-A03F-E78691712306.jpeg

E9DEA53D-9CEE-4E25-B406-7522C03B9DC9.jpeg

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Will do! Let me if anybody wants measurements before I install them.

Itā€™s going to be a few weeks, Camburg is waiting on parts for the UCAs. I installed the ProCal tune on the 2.3l yesterday and updated my tire size. Iā€™m going to stick with the 35x12.50 MT A/T for a while. Crazy theyā€™re the same weight as the 37ā€ KO2s D Range.

I think these are going to fit the quality, function and price point for my goals perfect. I am concerned about sacrificing any OE road/ride quality, but these look real nice. Weā€™ll made. Solid. Iā€™ve used their products on track/street cars and have been happy. I expect the same here.

Iā€™m sitting on the NonSAS HOSS right now. No lift all OE. Next to the wife's Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 for comparison. Iā€™m going to try and get as many real world before and after measurements. Right now frame point to frame point she only sits 1/2ā€ higher. However her fender height is substantially more.

Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions? E9DEA53D-9CEE-4E25-B406-7522C03B9DC9
Looking forward too seeing the results. If you could please get a few pics of the stock coils next to the New ones, once you have them out, for static length comparison. Thanks!
Sponsored