Sponsored

Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions?

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a general rule these donā€™t have as much impact as a spacer (or collar if you were thinking of those as well) The Eibach coil overs donā€™t really impact maximum droop or CV angles substantially. If you take them over 2 inches of lift, you may want to consider the upper control arm swap so that you donā€™t maximize the joint angle there. However, at 2 inches or so even that isnā€™t a problem. Most people agree that once you go over 2 inches of lift you should probably change the UCA.
I did get it aligned - it was pretty far out. As I mentioned I have about 2 inches of lift, about 2/3 of the way up the shock barrel with the adjuster. With the 2 inches or so of lift, to get the toe corrected I am at the end of the elliptical adjusters for the lower control arms. Itā€™s not an issue - itā€™s just thereā€™s not a whole lot of adjustment left beyond where I am now.

I donā€™t have a link, but I got them from a place called Redline360. When I got them I also got a new customer discount so that added to my savings. My price was 1375 and with shipping it was just over 1400.

EDIT - I just searched on redline 360 and I donā€™t see them on the site anymore. Might be worth a phone call

Sorry to bring up an old post, but did you make any adjustments to the height out of the box?

Eibach stated they were set to 1.4" of lift on the front and 1.5" of lift on the rear for sasquatch, but I'm sitting at about 2.25" in the front and 1.75" in the rear without adjustment on my 2.7l badsquatch. Trying to figure out if I should dial them down before I go for an alignment or just head in and see what they say.

Also, did you remove your rear sway bar? Any noticeable squatting/unloading of the rear going between drive and reverse?

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

when I installed them, I didnā€™t change the collar position right away. out of the box they were sitting too low. I have a drawer, the factory slide out, made by Tuffy, in the rear, which when loaded with tools made my car sit low in the back. In order to get it level, I needed an additional lift in the back. About 3/4 of an inch. I know most people have to raise the front to level it, but my rear sagged due to the drawer weight.
I have now raised the collars to about 2 1/2 inches up on the adjusters. My bronco was a bit high in the front but I have since put an aftermarket bumper on it that has leveled it out - it weighed more. I only have a little bit of adjustment left on the collars, but Iā€™m not rubbing at all as it is. I have 37ā€™s mounted.
I did not remove the sway or replace the rear track bar, but I did notice loading and jacking of the rear end when moving between drive and reverse. It does load up and make the car rise. Itā€™s more pronounced when going in low for obvious reasons. In my opinion, the eibach shocks ride fairly soft anyway, so I prefer having the stability that the sway bar offers. I donā€™t think it compromises ride or travel for what I need it for. Iā€™d rather have it there to minimize some of the lean/roll the soft shocks allow.
With the lift, my track bar seems an appropriate length, maybe just a hair or so short, not enough to warrant changing it. But if I go any higher, Iā€™ll need to lengthen / upgrade that bar.

Although I have a little more lift available on the collars, in the front I am all the way at the end of the factory elliptical adjuster in terms of alignment. If I go any higher, I will probably need to change the A arm. There simply isnā€™t any more room to change the angle on the factory elliptical adjuster. When I put on the eibachs and lifted it, I was very far out of alignment in the front.
Overall, Iā€™m super happy with the shocks and the way it turned out. I am aligned correctly, it tracks well and rides well. Itā€™s not as beefy of a set up as my Jeep had - but that was a serious rock crawler. I donā€™t plan on offloading this in the rocks as much - itā€™s perfect for what I wanted.

Last edited:

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the Eibach coil overs a week ago yesterday. Install was fairly simple using the drop the lower control arm method. The only thing I'd do different would be to install studs on the top hats instead of using bolts. Drove around a couple several days before alignment to see if they would settle but they didn't.
I have a 4dr Badlands V6 non sas. I wanted to stay under 2" lift so I backed down the perches 2 full turns on each shock. This worked out to 1 7/8" lift in the front and 1 3/4" lift in the rear from stock. Perfect for my use. My rake is now right at 1". I don't want it level as I pull a Taxa Cricket often so we'll see this weekend how it handles the trailer.
I'm extremely pleased with the ride. It's noticeably a softer ride than the Bilsteins, but handles/corners/stops just as well.
I think Eibach knows what they are doing!

Sponsored

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally got around to installing my Eibach coilovers! Also removed my rear sway bar while I was at it. Love the ride! As others have stated, it is a little softer ride than stock sasquatch, but in a good way.

Lifted it 2.25" in the front, 1.75" in the rear without any adjustment. I'm at the end of adjustment for camber now, so I'll have to go with new UCAs if I want to go any higher. Of course, I'm not planning on it until I go long travel anyways.

First corner took me a while, but then the rest was a breeze. Had no leverage to fully torque the LCA bolts and my torque wrench didn't go up to 350 lb ft for the rear strut lower bolts, so the plan was for the dealership to take care of torquing those bolts during the alignment. Of course, the dealership quicklane didn't have the necessary torque wrench either, so I ended up having them run the impact on it a few times. Could have just done that myself during install. :confused:

On another note, almost hit a snag because the rear strut lower nuts didn't have the anti-rotation tab on them. Didn't have a 30mm deep socket, but was luckily able to hold onto an adjustable wrench enough to make it work. WTF Ford?

Thanks for the deal Panda Motorworks!

Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions? PXL_20221216_144914991

Ford Bronco Eibach Coilovers - Any First Impressions? PXL_20221216_144931927

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally got around to installing my Eibach coilovers! Also removed my rear sway bar while I was at it. Love the ride! As others have stated, it is a little softer ride than stock sasquatch, but in a good way.

Lifted it 2.25" in the front, 1.75" in the rear without any adjustment. I'm at the end of adjustment for camber now, so I'll have to go with new UCAs if I want to go any higher. Of course, I'm not planning on it until I go long travel anyways.

First corner took me a while, but then the rest was a breeze. Had no leverage to fully torque the LCA bolts and my torque wrench didn't go up to 350 lb ft for the rear strut lower bolts, so the plan was for the dealership to take care of torquing those bolts during the alignment. Of course, the dealership quicklane didn't have the necessary torque wrench either, so I ended up having them run the impact on it a few times. Could have just done that myself during install. :confused:

On another note, almost hit a snag because the rear strut lower nuts didn't have the anti-rotation tab on them. Didn't have a 30mm deep socket, but was luckily able to hold onto an adjustable wrench enough to make it work. WTF Ford?

Thanks for the deal Panda Motorworks!

Looks great!

Thank you!

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you that have the Eibach coilovers installed, what are you first impressions of them? How is the ride quality? Better or worse than stock?

I have had a set on for a few weeks after testing a few other options and blowing up one, and I am very pleased with them for what they are. They are more comfortable than the stock Sasquatch Bilsteins and way more predictable. I run a Maxxis Razr MT in a 37x13.5 with a total weight of the tire and stock Sasquatch wheels of about 125 lbs a corner, and you can certainly feel it. That's about 35 lbs more unsprung mass than a stock SAS setup, which will make a big difference in how any suspension performs. If I had to guess, they work best with a tire and wheel package that is under 110-115 lbs a corner. They probably are one of the best 2" body shocks around, but they still have their limits, so be careful about the total weight of your wheel and tire setup.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I installed the Eibach coil overs a week ago yesterday. Install was fairly simple using the drop the lower control arm method. The only thing I'd do different would be to install studs on the top hats instead of using bolts. Drove around a couple several days before alignment to see if they would settle but they didn't.
I have a 4dr Badlands V6 non sas. I wanted to stay under 2" lift so I backed down the perches 2 full turns on each shock. This worked out to 1 7/8" lift in the front and 1 3/4" lift in the rear from stock. Perfect for my use. My rake is now right at 1". I don't want it level as I pull a Taxa Cricket often so we'll see this weekend how it handles the trailer.
I'm extremely pleased with the ride. It's noticeably a softer ride than the Bilsteins, but handles/corners/stops just as well.
I think Eibach knows what they are doing!
Quick question for ya. I read you used the lower control arm method. Did you have to loosen the cv axle nuts at all to allow removal? Im well aware of what a bitch axle nuts and removal of the axle from the hub intales,lolā€¦ā€¦Thanks

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick question for ya. I read you used the lower control arm method. Did you have to loosen the cv axle nuts at all to allow removal? Im well aware of what a bitch axle nuts and removal of the axle from the hub intales,lolā€¦ā€¦Thanks
No, I didnā€™t loosen the axle nut at all.

Sponsored

Cameron

Black Diamond
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.7l 2 Door BD , '99 Buell X1, '07 DRZ-400
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another Eibach Customer Here.
Just wanted to chip in with my own 2 cents worth. Starting on my '22 BD 2 door, I decided on a set of the Eibach Stage 2 units. Neo Garage had (...what I thought was) a great deal going at just over $1500 so I ordered a set as my own personal Xmas gift. Since I was looking at going over 2.5" of lift,

I also decided to go for a set of Icon's tubular upper control arms.
The shocks I had sent to my office, trying to beat the Xmas season porch pirates in my neighborhood. Since I ordered the UCA's through 4 Wheel Parts ($702 and change after the discount code), they were delivered to my closest 4WP store (Tacoma, WA).

Just after New Year's, I started looking at installation options as I don't have the equipment needed, especially for the alignment needed post-install. I had a vague figure of what I considered reasonable and since 1/2 of my package was already at 4WP Tacoma, I asked for an estimate. My total install cost including the alignment was just shy of $1000. This was for an estimated 6 hours of shop time and just about exactly what I had in mind, so I booked a Friday the 13th installation!

After booking the install, I did some belated Yelp searching on the shop I'd landed on and wasn't exactly encouraged. That said, most of the negative reviews seemed to involve 3rd party shipping issues and maybe some other things I could deal with in my situation. I pulled the trigger and dropped off my baby at the doctor's office. Long story short, Lonny (sp?) and all of the guys at 4 Wheel Parts Tacoma WA store provided excellent service, delivered on schedule, on budget, and generally treated me as an old friend and not just a customer. I'm not in the habit of saying stuff like this but they earned it!

"OK, so how does it work so far?" I only picked my truck up this past Saturday (1/14) and as a Seattle Seahawks fan, I had to run home for the game! As soon as I tried to get into the driver seat, I noticed a big change. Since I had the new UCA's, I asked the shop guys to give me 2.25" of lift in the rear and 2.5" up front. I did want a tiny bit of leveling but since I usually carry 70 lbs of extra gear behind the back seat, so I thought it'd be best for my needs. Looks great now IMHO! I'm not a tall guy, so now I have to grab hold of the handle by the top door hinge and jump just a little to get into the seat.

Shifted into reverse for the first time, I did notice some squat/loading out back, and the same thing happened (...in reverse) when shifting into drive. Not alarming, but noticeably different. Driving on pavement 30-40 miles, I noticed more body roll in all directions and more dive during hard braking. The dive didn't surprise me but it does rock a bit fore and aft after stopping now. A little more body roll now but not in an uncomfortable way.

The Ride: OK, my BD handled really great all around, from pavement to fast fire roads and pretty much everywhere. Maybe it was a little choppy feeling on some bad city streets or on washboard roads without airing down, but I was very happy w/stock. The Eibach coil overs smooth out all of the rough edges on the stock setup for sure! It now feels like I can go faster, with more control in most situations, especially fast rough/ish stuff like FS roads or open trails. Softer all around (...Like King vs. Icon maybe) but very confidence inspiring.

Going on a proper, 200+ mile run this weekend and if I learn anything new, I'll post. Overall, I'l super happy with this new setup so far. As a side note, check out 4WP's Tacoma store if you're close. I don't work there and didn't know anyone who does before last week, but I was super happy with their prices and service. See you on the trail. Cameron

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another Eibach Customer Here.
Just wanted to chip in with my own 2 cents worth. Starting on my '22 BD 2 door, I decided on a set of the Eibach Stage 2 units. Neo Garage had (...what I thought was) a great deal going at just over $1500 so I ordered a set as my own personal Xmas gift. Since I was looking at going over 2.5" of lift,

I also decided to go for a set of Icon's tubular upper control arms.
The shocks I had sent to my office, trying to beat the Xmas season porch pirates in my neighborhood. Since I ordered the UCA's through 4 Wheel Parts ($702 and change after the discount code), they were delivered to my closest 4WP store (Tacoma, WA).

Just after New Year's, I started looking at installation options as I don't have the equipment needed, especially for the alignment needed post-install. I had a vague figure of what I considered reasonable and since 1/2 of my package was already at 4WP Tacoma, I asked for an estimate. My total install cost including the alignment was just shy of $1000. This was for an estimated 6 hours of shop time and just about exactly what I had in mind, so I booked a Friday the 13th installation!

After booking the install, I did some belated Yelp searching on the shop I'd landed on and wasn't exactly encouraged. That said, most of the negative reviews seemed to involve 3rd party shipping issues and maybe some other things I could deal with in my situation. I pulled the trigger and dropped off my baby at the doctor's office. Long story short, Lonny (sp?) and all of the guys at 4 Wheel Parts Tacoma WA store provided excellent service, delivered on schedule, on budget, and generally treated me as an old friend and not just a customer. I'm not in the habit of saying stuff like this but they earned it!

"OK, so how does it work so far?" I only picked my truck up this past Saturday (1/14) and as a Seattle Seahawks fan, I had to run home for the game! As soon as I tried to get into the driver seat, I noticed a big change. Since I had the new UCA's, I asked the shop guys to give me 2.25" of lift in the rear and 2.5" up front. I did want a tiny bit of leveling but since I usually carry 70 lbs of extra gear behind the back seat, so I thought it'd be best for my needs. Looks great now IMHO! I'm not a tall guy, so now I have to grab hold of the handle by the top door hinge and jump just a little to get into the seat.

Shifted into reverse for the first time, I did notice some squat/loading out back, and the same thing happened (...in reverse) when shifting into drive. Not alarming, but noticeably different. Driving on pavement 30-40 miles, I noticed more body roll in all directions and more dive during hard braking. The dive didn't surprise me but it does rock a bit fore and aft after stopping now. A little more body roll now but not in an uncomfortable way.

The Ride: OK, my BD handled really great all around, from pavement to fast fire roads and pretty much everywhere. Maybe it was a little choppy feeling on some bad city streets or on washboard roads without airing down, but I was very happy w/stock. The Eibach coil overs smooth out all of the rough edges on the stock setup for sure! It now feels like I can go faster, with more control in most situations, especially fast rough/ish stuff like FS roads or open trails. Softer all around (...Like King vs. Icon maybe) but very confidence inspiring.

Going on a proper, 200+ mile run this weekend and if I learn anything new, I'll post. Overall, I'l super happy with this new setup so far. As a side note, check out 4WP's Tacoma store if you're close. I don't work there and didn't know anyone who does before last week, but I was super happy with their prices and service. See you on the trail. Cameron
No pics??? Did you have SAS before?

Cameron

Black Diamond
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No pics??? Did you have SAS before?
I didn't go for the SAS because with the other stuff I initially ordered (tow package, 2dr, MIC top, BD package, bumper), I figured it was going to take 3 years to get it all so I started deleting some stuff when my order was changed from a '21 to a '22. That plus I'm comfortable with the skid plates, sliders and gearing the BD package offers and befoer I put on the Eibachs, I didn't want 35" tires.
Pictures. Sorry, but you're right! but I should at least provided some pics too. I'll add some here unless I run into a tech thing. I don't have level side shots worth a damn and I don't have a great shot of the side post-lift, but I'll try to add more to this thread later. Let's just say I have a whole lot more wheel well showing now :) Thanks! C

Bronco Done.jpg

Shocking1.jpg

Shocking2.jpg

Cameron

Black Diamond
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Forgot to add: Just got a set of Mabett mud flaps (front and rear) and I'll get them mounted ASAP, taking into account the next/wider set of tires I'm looking at.

plipnoggen

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hi all

I installed these on my non-sas recently and had my vehicle aligned. I'm noticing quite a lot of vibrations throughout the whole vehicle... in the steering wheel, in the floor, in the seats. Seems to happen at all different speeds.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Because of this, the ride quality seems much worse than before but it really feels like something is wrong.
Sponsored