First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
May I ask all of you 2+ years of waiting folks a few questions.

What number, in line, at the dealer are you?
Did you order through Stephens Auto Center, Granger, etc.?
When did you actually order, not reserve?
When did you re-order for MY22?
Did you ever"99" your order?

That would help the rest of us determine a response to you and also learn what not to do or steer clear of.

Thank you in advance.
7/20/20 reservation(ordered 1/29/21) from a medium/large size dealer in the Twin Cities. Reordered in late October 21 for the MY22 and 6 weeks ago for the MY23.

I just got my build date of 11/17, less than a week ago. 4-door OBX/Sasquatch/MIC/LUX/2.7/HD modular. I never had mine 99'd. I started out as a 19 and have been a 10 since changing the color and dropping the tow and leather in May of 22.

Nobody should feel sorry for me as I got really impatient last December 9th and walked into my dealer and asked what I should do to get one sooner. They had me put in a 2nd order and drop the tow, MIC, mod bumper, and Sasquatch and I wasn't willing to drop the LUX or leather. That Bronco arrived at the dealer in only 126 days. We have 11,800 miles on that one, but my two daughters logged most of those miles. Soon I'll finally have one I won't have to share and since my adult daughter is out of college with a good job, she will be buying the one we are now driving.:)

FWIW, my dealer as of a few days ago no longer has any July 2020 reservation holders without a VIN. They do have a few left from August - October of 2020 but the vast majority of reservations older than 24 months recently got a VIN and build date.
Sponsored

Last edited:

robertgoulet

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak, 22 Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Leaning harder and harder towards not sticking around for a new order and moving to "grind away and find one somewhere close-ish to MSRP". Party.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7/14/2022. 800+ days.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That would help the rest of us determine a response to you and also learn what not to do or steer clear of.

Thank you in advance.
I'll take this...

It doesn't matter. FORD has produced more than enough trucks to fulfill these early reservations.

FORD has consistently lied, misled and otherwise moved the goalposts during this clusterfuck of a rollout. The stuff you listed is just nonsense and subterfuge created by FORD to screw customers and appease the dealers.

FORD does not honor it's reservation holders.

Dealer stock continues to get made. As long as you're willing to pay. You can get one. At least in Northern IL. My almost exact model is on a lot right now at one of our local dealerships. +$20 ADM.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll take this...

It doesn't matter. FORD has produced more than enough trucks to fulfill these early reservations.

FORD has consistently lied, misled and otherwise moved the goalposts during this clusterfuck of a rollout. The stuff you listed is just nonsense and subterfuge created by FORD to screw customers and appease the dealers.

Dealer stock continues to get made. As long as you're willing to pay. You can get one. At least in Northern IL. My almost exact model is on a lot right now at one of our local dealerships. +$20 ADM.
Oh, but it does bro. There aren't many "dealer allocations" around. I have seen one blue window sticker and it was here on the forum. Do you know the difference in sticker colors or do you think that doesn't matter either?

Sponsored

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll take this...

100% this.

The hard facts are that Ford could've easily built every single 2020 reservation by now, but they absolutely refuse to. Everything else is a load of BS.

KCBroncoJH

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Leaning harder and harder towards not sticking around for a new order and moving to "grind away and find one somewhere close-ish to MSRP". Party.
That's what we ended up doing and I am feeling better about it each day. We didn't get what we would have ordered... but we ended up stumbling across a black Big Bend for $2k above sticker. Considering the other markups I have seen I feel really good about it.

We are enjoying it a lot. Hope you find one!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Thank you in advance.
Day 3 reservation, AND had a MY21 allocation from my dealership which had ~25 allocations.

Still waiting for a VIN.

The part that frustrates me the most is that you could have such an early reservation date, AND have won the "golden ticket" of a MY21 allocation yet still be here over 800 days later without a VIN.

If they weren't going to follow reservation order (which absolutely makes sense given material shortages), you would at least think if they had given you an allocation that you might get a unit built for you the following model year.

Once it became apparent that not even that was going to happen, I stopped caring about anything Ford said to their customers.

If dealerships hadn't absolutely game this system out from under the reservation process I'd be more pissed at Ford. But the dealerships should take the blame for this.

BTW: Badlands, 2-door, 2.3/MT, high pack, zero other options. Nothing special here that hasn't been made 5,000+ times in MY22.

Docdon

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel your pain. I reserved in july 2020ordered and reordered. I did get a vin in july 22 and built 8/8 to 8 /10 then a chip hold. It was finished 9/26and shipped to Denver. I picked it up at msrp no hassles yeah Littleton autonation Ford. It is so much fun to drive. 4dr, area 51, lux, tow, hard top, 2.3l, 7spd, badlands. Leaps and bounds above the rubicon jeep I traded in. It was a long wait, perfect storm with covid and lack of parts. It is still the best car I have had and loads of fun.

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get a load of my adventure…

Res. 11/8/20 at Granger. BL 2.7 MIC then the allocations sh!t hit the fan. On 10/5/21 I requested a dealer transfer, which “customer service” said would take 3-5 days. Still hasn’t happened. I still have an order with them. Soon after Levine blocked me on Twitter for questioning his job performance. 🤷‍♂️

Decided to place a brand new order at local dealer 12/20/21. BD 2.3 MIC. At that time that dealer sold me their first stock unit. BB 2.3 soft-top at MSRP.

Today I got a build date for the BD ordered in December. My original Granger res/order is at least 5 years away. The mismanagement of this launch has been historic.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh, but it does bro. There aren't many "dealer allocations" around. I have seen one blue window sticker and it was here on the forum. Do you know the difference in sticker colors or do you think that doesn't matter either?
There are plenty with blue window stickers, I have one. It was a special order with a blue sticker no less.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So probably another 10+ months until the backlog is worked through lol

Bob L

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good numbers but how many have been deliver? Still waiting for mine. Come on FORD get your sh*# right. Should be no more than 2-3 week to get from MAP to dealer.
I am there with you mine shipped 10/26, however, Ford does not control the trains or truckers, not to mention still wondering if any Broncos were on the train derailment in Ravenna Ohio a few days ago, certainly a lot of jeeps got banged up, hoping no Broncos. The rail system and truck drivers are still a long way from prepandemic capacity. We are almost there though!!!

3G & 6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 SuperDuty, misc others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't discount the allocation piece of this puzzle.

Remember the public declaration by Ford that they were going to restrict allocations for dealers that had high numbers of orders without the proper name matching? If Ford actually followed through on those allocation restrictions, your dealer could be totally screwed for getting much of anything. I don't know if that threat ever materialized, but there were a LOT of dealers selling orders out from res holders. That program had great optics for Ford, but not sure if it ever really happened. Unfortunately that program still screwed the res holder.

The best way to handle that would've been continue to restrict the dealers allocation, but automatically move the reservation to a 'clean' dealer so the res holder isn't getting unfairly punished. That would've actually made sense.
Sponsored